Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #41
Afty

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
to me it seems that anyone who bans a part of the game that takes skill to achieve is just annoyed they cant do it themselves and that other players are better than them.

Im just a general player, i pub mainly and havent clanned for a long time. But i wouldn't play on server that limited bhop, or that excluded a class completley.
Afty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #42
tu!

#1 anti-bhop servers = newbs
#2 no one reads the motd anyways
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #43
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
#1 anti-bhop servers = newbs
#2 no one reads the motd anyways
1. The owner isn't a newb for putting in rules, it's their server, their power, so shut up.

2. That's what the kick feature is for, kicking shitheads who abuse the rules and make a excuse because they didn't read the motd.

imho.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 AM   #44
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
1. The owner isn't a newb for putting in rules, it's their server, their power, so shut up.

2. That's what the kick feature is for, kicking shitheads who abuse the rules and make a excuse because they didn't read the motd.

imho.
#1 if owner make anti-bhop server...uh owner is obviously a newb and cannot bhop...and most likely people that play on servers w/ fucked up sv_airacceleration or whatever command so you cannot turn in mid air are most likely newbs too (not all because some ppl are desperate for some non-bot tfc action sometimes). but still as a bhopper playing on those servers i can tell you it is frustration as fuckk when you are so use to bhopping all the time trying to play on those servers.

no one that can ACTUALLY BHOP keyword PROPERLY/EFFECIENTLY/GOOD/WHATEVER would ever refuse to bhop. all the people that claim they can bhop but choose not are lieing...

#2. no comment

Old 05-10-2007, 03:04 AM   #45
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
but still as a bhopper playing on those servers i can tell you it is frustration as fuckk when you are so use to bhopping all the time trying to play on those servers.
So we finally get down to it. It isn't about the server admins being newbs, it isn't about the server at all. It's all about YOU. You want your way. You want to play the way you want to. Boo Hoo that you get frustrated. I'm glad servers like ours are preparing you for the real world, where you're going to find the "me me me" generation doesn't always get it's way.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #46
tu!

bohoo? actually i never play on those servers...lol jumping in straight/diagonal lines...i am not sure how some ppl do it.

if all servers dead/bots and only drippies was populated/no bots = no tfc for me.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 AM   #47
Digital_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
bohoo? actually i never play on those servers...lol jumping in straight/diagonal lines...i am not sure how some ppl do it.
if all servers dead/bots and only drippies was populated/no bots = no tfc for me.
heaven forbid...how did the TFC community ever cope before someone stumbled up bhop....think of all the newbs back then.... /sarcasm .
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 AM   #48
Fjorn

being as the origianl TF had bhop, I somehow doubt that TFC was ever without bhop
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 AM   #49
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
being as the origianl TF had bhop, I somehow doubt that TFC was ever without bhop
Wasn't without, but definitely wasn't as commonplace.

But um, yeah, OT can run their server however the hell they feel like. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. If you want a l33t bhopping server, cough up the $60+/month and make it where you must bhop or get banned. E z nuf.

It's sort of like the NS servers that ban rushing; some people just like to play the game a certain way. You keep to your pr0 bhop servers and they'll stick to their preferred method.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #50
Fjorn

thats because rushing is lame and boring

much more fun to build up for a while, then have the grand old clash of jps and HA vs oni and fades

Last edited by Fjorn; 05-10-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #51
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

In NS, about the only limitation I could stand was where the aliens couldn't onos if there were less than 5 per side. The game wasn't really balanced for that situation -- on a public server with some, but not a lot of marine teamwork, aliens could get res faster than the marines and go 3 onos very quickly.

In a midsize to full game, though, I'd love it when Aliens tried to rush. Usually, that resulted in lots of free res and dead aliens
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #52
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

man I hated all those NS servers with rules. The servers with their AMX plugins and anti scripts and banning good players were so very awful.
mistermojo is offline   Reply With Quote