Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #21
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
Google Translate isnt much better:

Dear players,

To know that some of them do so slowly, I can understand people not, and every time it is difficult to do anything without it comes to problems with the language.
Maybe you should slow even invent that, finally, the outcome.
Therefore, many bad things have not quite what you can do here, but now I have taught differently, but you have done it so many large and Einengen errors to make it really difficult is that people should understand.

That is, but for once, and it removes the last time.
If you do not want or do not understand, I did not make sense, but why always here, I understand, that makes you so hard that there was no other than you leave, and where else to find happiness. I hope that he returns to nothing, then you have something good. Well, no, that try to do what we need is just so, unfortunately, nothing happens in life.

I was one of you to create an archive, found in the program.
What is it, my virus in the world tells me that the worm.
What is this attack on my life. Do you really everything that is legal?
Well, I can only tell you that their profession is not just your good makes you So, I just washed all good here, even if I do not understand, unfortunately, also will see you in the next life, or when I washed out the good and All this on the condition that you have in place.
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #22
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
and after the long post he had this:

Please do not understand me wrong, however, if your duties leads here, unfortunately, nothing, just ask perhaps different people with whom you can help me understand otherwise have no chance somehow only understand even if your good intentions, you are acting thus, no one will help, so leave it be sooner or go to the house where you are your family, your words here unsuccessful ...

Ill ask Kommy if he can translate when he gets home from work.He is russian but speaks perfect english so he can help im sure.
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #23
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Well in Mervaka's defense, if you're starting a conversation with someone else it's respect to speak their language. If you're talking about someone who is present to a third party is is also impolite to not speak in said person's native language. Reguardless of whether or not they know it.

I'm not usualy one to scream "speak english" simply because I like the fact that America has no "official" language. Most of us know english, but I just don't think it's right to force assimlate someone. That said, if you want to be understood, then speak in the language of those whom you wish to understand you.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #24
No Interleaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
wheres the phailboat when you need it?
What is "phailboat", it's a name?

My dictionary says the word does not exist.
No Interleaving is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
Phisionary
third right to the left
Wiki Team

Quote:
fuck language barriers
do language barriers protect you from aids?

Speaking of aids, that google translation (which is actually a lot better than the babelfish one, IMO) he seems to be saying that FF has a virus in it, or something like that.

I wouldn't want to be too mean about people's language, for all we know, he lives in Siberia or something. I for one would be glad that Siberian Russians are playing FF. Better than not...

EDIT: lets not talk about failboats/phailboats please..

Last edited by mervaka; 01-02-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Phisionary is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #26
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
Well in Mervaka's defense, if you're starting a conversation with someone else it's respect to speak their language. If you're talking about someone who is present to a third party is is also impolite to not speak in said person's native language. Reguardless of whether or not they know it.

I'm not usualy one to scream "speak english" simply because I like the fact that America has no "official" language. Most of us know english, but I just don't think it's right to force assimlate someone. That said, if you want to be understood, then speak in the language of those whom you wish to understand you.
that's basically where i'm coming from here. likewise, i'm not trying to jump on the SPEAK ENGLISH bandwagon, but when someone's addressing me, they should do so in english if they expect me to understand. i'm not going out my way to get it translated just so i can read it. its like printing your history coursework out in french when you attend an english speaking school.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #27
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
花花公子, 這要求一個快樂喧鬧的宴會。
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #28
No Interleaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
that's basically where i'm coming from here. likewise, i'm not trying to jump on the SPEAK ENGLISH bandwagon, but when someone's addressing me, they should do so in english if they expect me to understand. i'm not going out my way to get it translated just so i can read it. its like printing your history coursework out in french when you attend an english speaking school.
I am not sure, what are you wanna?
I think he understand only the Cyrillic alphabet.

You are mean, if you say:
"go home and learn the Latin alphabet and see you soon!!!".

I understand his letter as follows:
He just asked why that action? Why have you done it?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #29
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Interleaving
You are mean, if you say:
"go home and learn the Latin alphabet and see you soon!!!".
We're mean then :P

Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #30
No Interleaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desyphur
We're mean then :P
Do you have a racist Ideology?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #31
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

No, It's just that we don't understand him, and he's trying to talk directly to us. It would be good if we COULD understand, but we can't.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #32
No Interleaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desyphur
No, It's just that we don't understand him, and he's trying to talk directly to us. It would be good if we COULD understand, but we can't.
Can you really speak for all? I think - no.
You have not even asked, what did he say? That is your problem.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 AM   #33
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

We tried to find out what he said. It made us even more confused.

And I'm not "speaking for all" I'm just repeating what other people have said.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:51 AM   #34
No Interleaving

Desyphur полагает что вам больше не приветствовать здесь потому что он не понимает вас.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 AM   #35
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Do you have a racist Ideology?

I'm sorry I don't know if I like where you're going with this. Look, right now you and I are having a conversation in a language we both understand. This way you and I can communicate. If you don't want to communicate with me, then by all means talk in whatever language you wish. There's nothing wrong with it. But if you want me to understand what you're saying then speak in English, because unfortunately I haven't learned any other languages other than a little of Spanish and Hebrew, and not enough of either to converse.

You can't start claiming that I'm racist because I'm not capable of understanding another language. You have no basis for that. I know the comment wasn't directed towards me originally, but I whole heartedly disagree.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 AM   #36
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

I'm not a native english speaker and I can't understand why people would refuse to learn english in current times. Regardless of what you think of the english language or the historical events that surround it, or that you simply can't be bothered to learn another language, this is still the 'international tongue'.

English is very simple to pick up on, especially compared to german and russian, and I am sure you were taught some in school. So either you were too lazy or simply didn't care and missed out on a great opportunity of learning it to a decent level.

I don't really care much for people coming into an internet forum not even attempting to make themselves understood. Language barrier or not, that's just idiotic.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #37
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Desyphur полагает что вам больше не приветствовать здесь потому что он не понимает вас.
"Desyphur believes that you are no longer welcome here because he did not understand you."

Hell no!

That ISN'T what I said!

Here:

Я прошу, вы говорите по-английски? Если нет, то ничего страшного.
Мы попытаемся перевести и понять то, что вы говорите, и отвечать.

Last edited by Desyphur; 12-31-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Desyphur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #38
Sucker

Несчастливо я не понял вас, я могу только сказать что я не радушен я не широко am сегодня пойду возможно вы должен посмотреть себя также схватываю нос и думаю вы говорите.

Это не будет всем золотом это поистине но ваши действия здесь приносят меня не более дальнейший и mervaka имеет не ровное слово а он сказал владение.

Поэтому я интересую понял ли он реально мои заботы. Или оно просто не поймет он должен быть стыдами.
Sucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #39
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Guys, seriously, stop being so damned rude.
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #40
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Eye
Guys, seriously, stop being so damned rude.
indeed. i've gone through this thread and cleared out all bad feeling. next person to express rudeness gets a kick up the arse.

back to the topic at hand: can someone accurately translate what he said to me please?