Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
What about training mode?
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #42
richard nixon

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
maybe give the medic the ability to drop healthpacks and/or increase the range of healing.

I also had the idea of having him revive fellow comrades like bf2 style. but that is too big of a change compared to the dropping healthpack idea.

or maybe allow him to upgrade an engineers dispenser that can heal teammates (or does it heal already? ive never payed attention) and on the flipside if a spy sabotages an enemies dispenser give him the opportunity to infect enemies if they use said sabotaged dispenser (i dont know what sabotaging a dispenser does, i rarely play spy)

I maybe should post these in ideas/suggestions but since you said something about brainstorming medic ideas I just thought i'd throw in my 2 dimes or whatever
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 08:07 AM   #43
Zatoichi

i know alot of people have complained about not being able to tell a team mate from an enemy at distance. any chance of ditching the team colored "overthehead" icons for say a bright green that is visible farther away, or just making the team colored ones stronger?
Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #44
Stephen
Sniper hater.

Nixon: Sabotaging a dispenser just blows it up. They don't heal at the moment either, just dispense ammo and armour.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon
maybe give the medic the ability to drop healthpacks and/or increase the range of healing.

I also had the idea of having him revive fellow comrades like bf2 style. but that is too big of a change compared to the dropping healthpack idea.

or maybe allow him to upgrade an engineers dispenser that can heal teammates (or does it heal already? ive never payed attention) and on the flipside if a spy sabotages an enemies dispenser give him the opportunity to infect enemies if they use said sabotaged dispenser (i dont know what sabotaging a dispenser does, i rarely play spy)

I maybe should post these in ideas/suggestions but since you said something about brainstorming medic ideas I just thought i'd throw in my 2 dimes or whatever
that would require a "dying" state.. i suppose we could have a click to respawn thing?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #46
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

Anything to help on lag during 9v9 games?
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #47
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
I like the idea of a "dead state" that you can either click to respawn or wait for a medic revive you from I'm thinking along the lines of the spy sabotage function (i.e. medic has to be right there next to them [but using his medpack ofc], then there's a progress bar which restarts on any damage).

Much more important things to be fixed atm ofc, but something to think about for the future maybe
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #48
barronofhellion

i rate there complaints 1 * 10
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #49
Mikael

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium
I like the idea of a "dead state" that you can either click to respawn or wait for a medic revive you from
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #50
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium
I like the idea of a "dead state" that you can either click to respawn or wait for a medic revive you from I'm thinking along the lines of the spy sabotage function (i.e. medic has to be right there next to them [but using his medpack ofc], then there's a progress bar which restarts on any damage).

Much more important things to be fixed atm ofc, but something to think about for the future maybe
i also think this is a great idea, you could see the body with a (+) around them to show they need help and arnt 100% dead... but sometimes it might be better to respawn like smaller maps

Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #51
Mikael

The revive should be instant (or only 1-2 sec), but the person only has half health/armor and no grenades.
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #52
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
That seems rather subjective though. What is "more like a medic?" Who decides how a medic is supposed to be played? Some might say that the medic should be on D, healing his team and keeping them alive longer. Others may say that he belongs on O, healing the soldier who just rocket jumped up to the sniper balc on 2fort and running the flag. I don't think it should be so abitrarily decided like that. I think it's up to each player to find his own right way to play each class.
I'm sorry I just had to laugh at this paragraph. Coming from the guy who's adament about running his own server exactly how he wants with a screw you attitude to anyone else.

I'll tell you who decides how a medic is suppose to be played... The developers can very easily tell you how a medic is suppose to be played by the simple fact that they can design him anyway they'd like. And even you as a server operator couldn't argue that fact. Sorta puts things into perspective doesn't it? Who's game is this?

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #53
Nurdbot

Thanks for the update the fix list is excellent!, I hope you guys are working on good fixes on Scout, Medic and the missing animations for the light single barreled shotgun .

Does that also mean I can spray my spray without CTD now?
Nurdbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #54
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael
half health/armor and no grenades.
well half health is good, and a medic that does it would have to spend more time to get the rest back to him when they get up... with ragdolls on, a medic could blast the corpse in a corner before he started his work so they wouldnt be under fire, sort of like draging the body to a safe spot ;p

Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #55
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
btw training is coming probably 2nd update. It's more newbie training stuff and so may not be very interesting to many of you.
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #56
Riff Zifnab
-TPF-

In regards to the HWG's AC, what about if after 50% heat it had a % chance to lock up, increasing as you go higher.
Code:
% Chance to Lock up: |--------------|-10-20-40-80-100|
Heat:                0%            50%              100%
This way you can stay in the safe zone or risk it and go for more dps. It also gives it an element of uncertainty that I think Shadow was looking for. But yeah, lets see how the spin up affects things. (that always bugged me anyway, it seems like a chain gun would have to spin up just a bit before it can start firing.)

Last edited by Riff Zifnab; 10-10-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Riff Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #57
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil
btw training is coming probably 2nd update. It's more newbie training stuff and so may not be very interesting to many of you.
Big upset there. I am aware it does nothing for me, but I think it will help the community grow 1000x faster than any bug fixes. New players need to know how to do certain things on their first load of the game. That didn't happen on release, so many were turned off (in my opinion). A training mode would help tremendously.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #58
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Well most of my time has been towards that big list of fixes/updates for this patch. I'm back on training now, but I don't think it will make this patch as much as I'd like it to.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #59
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

added buildable location macros, fixed %l team display, updated original post

Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #60
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil