Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 06-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #1
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_l337sk337 (Screenshots, DLs)

Ok, I've hinted about it for long enough an now the worst idea ever for CS is slouching towards FF.

dowload. (It's for HL2M)

Important edit: To get the skeet launcher to activate set 'sv_cheats 1' and enter the following into the console (or bind it to a key):
ent_fire rack_door open

For those that don't know, l337sk337 involves 2 teams who alternate between being skeets and being shooters. The shooters all spawn with sniper rifles in the house (shown in the screenshots) while the skeets are launched from the launcher armed only with knives. The skeets must make their way into the house and kill the shooters before they all get picked off. The house is accessable by doors that can only be opened from the outside, windows on the roof which can't be broken from the inside, and trapdoors in the floor that only open from below. The shooters are stuck inside the house untill a skeet opens a door for them. After a certain ammount of time each round an extra set of doors open on their own so the rounds don't get dragged out forever. Once everyone on one team is dead the round ends and teams switch.

ff_l337sk337 is based on both awp_l337sk337 and awp_snowsk337, combining the best features of both. It has the raised hill behind the shooter house for easier landing, made easier now with a bunch of tree props you can crash (relitively) safely into, as well as a layer of water in the shooter house itself to guarantee a safe landing for flying skeets. The play area has been expanded by 60% to accomidate bunnyhopping, and I'm pretty sure there's no place to hide on top of or behind the launcher.

If you're wondering, the sparks in that third shot are coming out of the 'rape launcher', which is the one part of the launcher that doesn't really work.

It may be obvious from the description that this is a gameplay type more suited to CS than TF, but I think with some minor changes the map could be made to work.

The most important problem is that people respawn in TF. My plan is for people who die during the round to respawn in some sort of waiting room (possibly with monitor views of the action).

The other problem is with weapons. In CS you could just strip all of someones weapons and give them the ones you want them to have (like a knife or an awp). In FF it will, aparently, be possible to switch people's class with an entity. So when a round resets all the skeets will change to snipers and be stripped of all their weapons but the rifle (including the crowbar) and the skeets switched to spies with only their knife. This means of course that the skeets will be allowed to disguise as snipers which should add to the fun.

Another problem is that AWPs do way more damage than uncharged rifles in TFC. I'm hoping I can use LUA to somehow crank up the rifle power to the point that it's a one hit kill.

Aaaand I think finally people in TF don't drop weapons. In the CS version the shooters would drop their awp when they died, and the skeets could pick it up and wreak havoc with it. I sent a PM to Mirvin Monkey askin if this would be possible somehow in FF. He replied that, currently it seems it is but he wasn't sure if this was being left in the final release.

Last edited by o_nezumi; 06-30-2006 at 02:33 PM.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
o_darkness24713

nice but link dont work
o_darkness24713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2006, 05:36 AM   #3
o_alligator

based from the screen shots - I can conclude that it needs a good 3d sky box to make the map even better. Get that link working
edit: works now, will take a quick view through it
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
o_nezumi

Yea, link works and there already is a 3D skybox (Just a small one)

Old 06-30-2006, 06:35 AM   #5
o_gnyevko

OMG! In the third screenshot way back on the wall there are two tunnel lookin' things. Will I be able, in my many skeeting adventures, to enter these tunnels? Will they lead to a secret laboratory? Will I be able to procure the finest in sci-fi weaponry? Will will will woooo-oo wiii-ill yeaah wooo-ooo yeah, will.
o_gnyevko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
o_nezumi

Ok, it's up in the first post now, but I forgot to mention how to get the skeet launching machinery to open
set sv_cheats 1
then type in the console or bind a key to this:
ent_fire rack_door open

Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Nice map Nez, sounds like a ton of fun. You are one map making mutha.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote