Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #221
o_sacred

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I saw that back on page 2

If anyone has seen something in the video which they think still needs a little work, and feels like being helpful :P, have a read of this thread

Warning though, people are critising FF in this thread, so don't view it if you think FF is perfect.
o_sacred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #222
o_beavis

Wow. A+

The only crit from me seems to be with some of the stiff character animations but I guess that'll be smoothed out over time. Excellent work guys.
o_beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #223
o_loyus

Dustbowl looks great, I'm really impressed by Zouave's work, it's by far the best FF map I've seen yet. For once we're very far from the Quake design style, it really looks like a HL2 map, it copes really well with the engine. This is the kind of map that will appeal to larger audiences. It's congruent and beautiful. Kudos.

The gameplay looks very nervous and somewhat unique, wich must be difficult to tune. It could be very fun or very messy, or both, or just inconsistent. No one could tell right now except the devs. I hope you'll manage to tune it the right way.

The overall graphics and animation may be the weakest part of FF, but it's still pretty decent, and can be improved with time. The main feature of FF is the gameplay, not the graphics, therefore the beta-test will be an extremely important phase (and it should be a really intense one). From what I've seen, the gameplay has something really promising, but it also looks like very sensitive and thus very delicate to tune... "One little thing can mess it all", if you see what I mean.

Pretty decent job here, congrats.
o_loyus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #224
o_mescalito

i hate it I HATE IT ALL!!1

when ff will out? :s

i cant wait anylonger beechez!!

yeah.. cool video edit and redneck voice. i was worried u'll let Defrag do the talking for the moment

it's funny how both TF2 and FF released their first vids in a Western style theme.
nice work on Dustbowl. it allready looks so fun that i'm sure you fuckers screw around all day instead of beta testing. keep feeding that beast!
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #225
o_abjure

I love how everyone is bashing it (well not everyone) in the steampowered.com forums. They're saying things like, "It looks too much like TFC!" or "Those models look like crap!" Well, I'm here to tell you devs, don't worry about those guys, what you're doing right now is great! Keep at it!
o_abjure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #226
o_mescalito

steam.. what? most of their forum is full of clueless losers. can't watch that vid without a stupid smile on my ugly face. there's gotta be something right going on in that avi..
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #227
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

To be honest, the bashing is mutual. I've seen plenty of TF2 bashing here just as I've seen plenty of FF bashing there. It's only natural when one is posted on a forum for another game/mod (not that I agree with people bashing stuff like that).

Old 09-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #228
o_bumgravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
To be honest, the bashing is mutual. I've seen plenty of TF2 bashing here just as I've seen plenty of FF bashing there. It's only natural when one is posted on a forum for another game/mod (not that I agree with people bashing stuff like that).
It reminds me of the good old Nintendo / Sega days where people would send in scribbled drawings of sonic the hedgehog molesting mario with a chaos emerald to Sega Power, and vice versa.
o_bumgravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #229
o_destroyer

Phenomenal stuff, amazing video and progress so far judging by the screenshots. I have to question however, if the time and energy going into producing this video could have been better spent getting the "first week in august" public beta ready....?

Dest
o_destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #230
o_ivaqual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
that's 'dope fish'!
thank god someone else than me knew what it was
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #231
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
ARgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18%
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #232
o_captainronseyepatch

I lurk here every day and post once a blue moon....but DAYUM the moon just turned blue again with the release of that vid!!! As Frankie S. once said: "Start spreading the news..."
o_captainronseyepatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #233
o_qbaler

ok i just watched that vid like 5 more times and I must say mrbeefy good job on the narration/story! Very intertaining and educational for none tfc players.

Zouave, you did an outstanding job with dustbowl. As a dustbowl server junky I have to say that this is awesome! These are the types of maps that win wars!

dev team, you have done an excelent job (from what can be seen from the vid) in producing a fun action packed mod. The conc effect looks amazing (the wind comming up kinda reminds me of something that happens in mario kart) and I'm sure it will produce some incredible plays and effects in league and public play. The sg placement looks fun and easy to use. The ragdoll physics/gibs I am sure will give us countless hours of amusement.

anyway i am just really excited for this mod!

RELEASE!
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #234
o_drs

Nice movie guys. I want to install steam and play tfc now ... until a release

Just a little mistake in the movie, is it a spy ? ( I haven't read all the thread, sorry)

Pyro transform to a soldier an try to kick him with his crowbar (same team color).

And looked like the soldier die for no reasons (but maybe infected by a medic; but why don't show some blood like in tfc). Maybe some programming bugs, or scripting, or bug on the demo made for the movie.

But nice movie, equal the valve's movies. (personnaly I think it's better, with "fools" jumping everywhere as in tfc or tf, old school gameplay).

Edit: Nice voices too, seems we're in the far west. Now I'll bitch in the updates thread
o_drs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #235
Blunkka
Retired FF Staff

Well one of the new features in ff is that everytime spy backstabs he takes the personality of his dead victim.
Blunkka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #236
o_drs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunkka
Well one of the new features in ff is that everytime spy backstabs he takes the personality of his dead victim.
Ok, I'm sorry. Spy were easy to find in tfc, nice feature.
o_drs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #237
o_a boojum snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyHunter
side note: What the hell is the dopefish all about? I remember finding it in a secret area in quake one many years ago, not a clue what it's all about though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopefish
o_a boojum snark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #238
o_shrone

Thats the greatest thing I have seen in a long time!!!
::weeps::its soo awsome!!
o_shrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #239
o_4est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunkka
What concerns me is that stab is from about 6 feet away.
o_4est is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #240
o_cashmoney

IM THE FIRST TO FIND THE SECRET DOPEFISH!!!!! YESSS!!!!!

sry i had to say that... do i get some sort of prize? lol :P
o_cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote