Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
This is a flame free forum - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

These forums are about mature debate regarding Fortress Forever, you can let off steam in the chat forums but the rule remains no flaming/trolling.

Read these guidelines before posting! Failure to do so will most likely result in your thread being deleted, and no one wants this!

I've got this great idea, should I post it on the idea & suggestions forum?
Firstly, consider whether your idea is in keeping with the gameplay of traditional TF MODs. While we are open to suggestion, the more radical the idea, the tougher it is to envision it as part of our MOD. Secondly, search the forum to ascertain whether the same idea has already been posted. If it has, feel free to add your own perspective to the existing thread. If not, please feel free to post your suggestion.

Please try to include some compelling reasons as to why you feel your suggestion should be considered.
DO NOT post a thread with little or no reasoning behind your suggestion. If you fail in this regard, the thread will be promptly deleted / locked. Also: Please remember that it only takes you a few minutes to write a post, but a lot of people will read it. Take the extra effort to make your post as clear as you can and try to keep slang/shorthand to a minimum (i.e. no "i was thinkn about teh hwguy class and u no wot? i think he should b better" posts, please!)

Is there already a thread on the same topic?
Take advantage of the handy search utility and search the forums for similar threads. This will help prevent unnecessary garbage threads that do nothing more than clutter up the forum. Redudant threads will be removed.

Is your question answered in the FAQ?
The faq is there for a reason... to answer your questions It can be found here: http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=faq. Expect the FAQ to be updated frequently with newly added questions. Don't make a thread asking a question until you've read the FAQ. If you do it anyway your thread will be deleted, and you will be beaten. There is also a Community FAQ thread where community members have put answers to questions that get asked here often.

Off topic threads go into the off topic chat forum!
Any threads in the wrong forum will be moved!

Use common sense!
This should be self explanatory.

Anti-social behaviour
Anti-social behaviour will result in your account being banned or purged. You might get a warning beforehand, or maybe not. It depends on your past record and also which mod/admin decides to take action first.

Oh god is my behaviour being construed as anti-social I just don't know!?
It's pretty obvious what sort of behaviour we mean. As well as flaming and trolling this also includes baseless sniping or belittling of the efforts of the development team or other forum members. All constructive criticism/complaints are welcome but there is a difference between valid arguments and being an ass.

Thank you for having the common decency to follow these few simple rules. It will make the forum experience much nicer for all of us.

Last edited by mirvin_monkey; 07-24-2006 at 03:05 PM.

Closed Thread