Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Lua

Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
cjdelta04

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Lua for new gamemode

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a lua for a gamemode like bombing run in Unreal Championship. Maybe you could use something from the murderball lua and capture the flag? I would also like to be able to make a "Bomb Gun" that is the only weapon you can have out while you have the bomb, and you can passes and what not to other players on your team. This would also allow you to shoot the bomb through the bomb target from a distance but you would get fewer points. So any help is appreciated.
cjdelta04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
One limitation in specific:

Currently, after an object is tossed, we cannot keep track of who tossed it (team or player) So the only way I can see to do your goals is to have it trigger when the object passes through it and award points to the opposite team, but you can't specify a specific player AFAIK.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
cjdelta04

Well it really wouldn't matter who threw it. Just what team did because only red could score on blue and vicew versa. and besides you are going for team points to win the game, not individual points. So it is possible then. Could someone help me out with this then because I think it would be a great new style of gaming for ff players looking for something new.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Actually, balls and flags don't currently work with triggers. You may be able to get the ball's position, and compare it to a certain range of coordinates to see if it's in your target zone. Keeping track of who had the ball last could be easily done.

Adding a new weapon is out of the scop of the lua system. However you could take the player's ammo away to keep him from shooting.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
cjdelta04

what if i were to use a white neutral flag as the ball and just use a cap point for each and change the amount of points u recieve for a cap? and what about being able to throw the flag into int to cap point. could that be done?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
That would be just like push or waterpolo. It would be very easy to make a map like that.

Throwing the ball into the cap is an iffy proposition, as I explained above. We want to make that work properly in future.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
cjdelta04

So then it would be possible to make this happen? I was wondering what you were talking about with entities not working with goals because waterpolo is the perfect example of what im looking for only I want it based as a bomb and thrown into a bomb target. I'm also sure that we could play around and find some way to make the throwing thing work. Aren't there some maps that teleport the flag back to its spawning point if it lands in a func_hurt? because I'm sure that we could change that into something similar for the throwing the bomb. As far as the "bomb gun" goes, I think that your idea of taking away ammo is good.... I just think that they should get it back after they no longer posses the bomb and can only have the crowbar out as well as not being able to pick up more ammo. Would there be a way to allow the rpg or napalm cannon to fire the bomb or something like that?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Triggers cannot detect info_ff_scripts falling into them (used for flags, balls, any item that is picked up). You could potentially get around this using bomb_entity:GetOrigin() and comparing it to the origin of a "goal" entity, but it won't be 100% accurate.

You cannot attach throw to a weapon's attack. You can remove all weapons while they have the bomb and give the weapons back after they throw the bomb. You can change the throw speed of the bomb.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote