Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #42
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Gotta give ya some credit, Scuzzy, you know how to admin a server.

A little overzealous maybe but you've got shit under control.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #43
MikeQuist
Person

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hahaha this reminds me so much of my admin days...

Ohhh TFC drama... pointless bickering over something so stupid. Everyone these days gets so wrapped up in the principles of things...

If we approached everything we did in life with a "how will I feel about this in a year or three" attitude, things could be a lot simpler.
MikeQuist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #44
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Gotta give ya some credit, Scuzzy, you know how to admin a server.

A little overzealous maybe but you've got shit under control.
Thanks. We're really just a bunch of old farts that want to play in peace. We've automated 99% of the stuff so we don't have to do much. We don't want to have to administrate anymore then we have to, takes too much effort and time away from the game.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #45
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Sorry! Was the first pub I'd been on in months, it did bring back the memories heheh.

But I didn't waste anyones time or distract anyone dood. I was trying to be helpful and help answer the players in the server who were asking who was hiding the flag. I said "ihmspi" in reply to people askin in voice and mm1/mm2 who it was, and then bound a key to +voicerecord so I could ask him directly to knock it off. That was it.

I didn't even realize there was an admin there until I was kicked, because as I said nothing was being done about the griefing player! I repeat, I wasn't causing trouble or wasting people's time. I rejoined seconds after being kicked and continued to play for probably a good hour after that. Other than that instance of oddness, the rest of the time I had a good time, and there was no "trouble" as you said. Seemed like a bit of a power trip move kicking me for bein feisty yet not actually resolving the issue players were complaining about in the server. As I said I rejoined w/o saying anything and just continued to play and there were no further problems that I know of.

Not sure what any of your logs there prove dooder! I said I guessed he may have been a regular because he was talking in voice a lot and pretending he didn't know what was happening, and when he quit the server later he said good bye and people replied like they mebbe knew who he was.

No hard feelings tho, was just a strange situation. It was clear that the admins didn't know what was going on or more likely just weren't paying attention. That wasn't cause of me tho.

Last edited by Dospac; 05-09-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #46
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Kicking dospac was the first correct move!

However, worrying about language is just retarded. Seriously, there's a way to mute players. If "fuck" (or in dospacs case "newb") makes you uncomfortable or blush then maybe you should just step away from the computer.

Bots & stupid rules are the death of TFC.

Yeah, you're paying for the server but if no one's there because the rules are retarded then you're going to have lots of fun paying for an empty server. (Sure, go ahead and let me know just how many regulars play there on a daily basis.)

Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #47
grg
el matador

Mulch said it all. It's kinda impressive how you manage to mantain the server and such (only with donations, so wow), but those rules are really really annoying. It's like, "I can't compete with better players so I'm gonna put some rules that will make our skills even". I have a good bhop, and I like to use it as an advantage. Even when I'm a soldier, usually I bhop around to get closer because my rocket aim sucks. So basically you're being unfair with me, and with a LOT of decent players around. Bhoping is like walking to 99% of TFC players, you can't just take that out. Well, you can, but it's gay.

Anyway, it's your server, you make the rules, and it's nice how you get some friends there and such. But yeah, that's totally not helping TFC, and I hope that there won't be ANY server like that on FF.
grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 AM   #48
Suite307

Those rules are for the old timers that fear their necks might snap by looking too fast in a direction...

Just kidding.

I guess every server owner is entitled to set his own rules. It might attract a small crowd of people that like not getting killed by everything but that's the life and soul of TFC, it's not supposed to be easy to get to the enemy base, defense is to be expected and snipers are meant to pick out the less fortunate of the lot, TFC was meant to be played with teamwork, sadly, that's something servers nowadays forget about by locking classes or blocking bhopping.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #49
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Haha fu mulch.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #50
Norris
The Good German

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
haha I bet ihmspi had a good laugh in this game.
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #51
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
The rules on language content also exclude the use of sexual and racials remarks, we'd rather not play with racists, sexists, pedophiles, etc. Racists are idiots, sexists make all the women on the server uncomfortable, and pedophiles are disgusting.
Huh. So there's are people who go on TFC servers and talk about how attractive they find minors? The mind boggles
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #52
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
However, worrying about language is just retarded. Seriously, there's a way to mute players. If "fuck" (or in dospacs case "newb") makes you uncomfortable or blush then maybe you should just step away from the computer.
Then why don't you just ignore players that come in and post asking when FF will be released? Why do you have to lock or delete their threads? Can't you just not read them? I'm guessing you do it because you don't want your forums filled with people asking you for to make and meet a deadline, so you manage them as you see fit. The only difference between us here is that I haven't called you retarded for administrating your forums the way you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
Yeah, you're paying for the server but if no one's there because the rules are retarded then you're going to have lots of fun paying for an empty server. (Sure, go ahead and let me know just how many regulars play there on a daily basis.)
We've been around since 2003 and been able to skim off enough good people to play with that we're happy. If you want to call us newbs, or retards, or what have you because we don't conform to your strict conservative views as to what a server should be then fine, label us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grg
It's like, "I can't compete with better players so I'm gonna put some rules that will make our skills even". I have a good bhop, and I like to use it as an advantage. Even when I'm a soldier, usually I bhop around to get closer because my rocket aim sucks. So basically you're being unfair with me, and with a LOT of decent players around. Bhoping is like walking to 99% of TFC players, you can't just take that out. Well, you can, but it's gay.
It gets a bit tiring responding to people who must attack something when they just don't get their way. I feel like I'm responding to 3 year olds, "Ur server rules is dumb dooder, ur a fag, I want my way gimme gimme gimme!" I guess I'll just have to respond like a parent:

Grow up. Get a set and stop whining about how you don't like what we do. When you get older you'll understand the value of tolerance and considering other's ideas. Some people believe that jumping up and down and twisting in mid-air should logically help you gain speed. Others think it seriously detracts from realistic team game play. Boo Hoo that one server doesn't want to play the game the way you want to, it doesn't mean it's gay, it doesn't mean their noobs, it means their different. Stop being game bigots. (At this time please ask someone in the room to smack you on the back of the head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suite307
I guess every server owner is entitled to set his own rules. It might attract a small crowd of people that like not getting killed by everything but that's the life and soul of TFC, it's not supposed to be easy to get to the enemy base, defense is to be expected and snipers are meant to pick out the less fortunate of the lot, TFC was meant to be played with teamwork, sadly, that's something servers nowadays forget about by locking classes or blocking bhopping.
We have one rule, no bhopping, and you guys act like we're lepers. I feel like a black man at a KKK rally. I'm not a bhopper so I'm not part of the master player-race. This is classic of the "me me me" generation, and one of the reasons we like playing with older mature adults.

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 05-09-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #53
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Huh. So there's are people who go on TFC servers and talk about how attractive they find minors? The mind boggles
We had a guy show up a few months ago who ended up making inappropriate requests of an 11 year old girl for contact information. He got on her steam-friends network and began some inappropriate conversations. We intervened in game and in real life. You guys may not like how we administer our servers, but we're trying to keep our kids, grandkids, and their friends safe. There are people out there hunting your children. It isn't the first time we've had to contact the authorities.

Scuzzy

Old 05-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #54
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Dif'rent stroker fer dif'rent folks yah know.

Some people are purists, nothin you can do 'bout it cept hope they bitch less.

As it stands though, I should add that I believe any server with modified rules (or bots for that matter) should have it in the server title, ie '[SR] Silly Rabbits Clan - NO BHOP/SNIPERS'

This would make alot of people much more happy, avoid more conflict, and not piss people off after they wait forever to download 5 minutes of adminmod files only to find they are playing on something they wont enjoy
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #55
Fjorn

I tried one of the Old Timer servers

had absolutely tnothing to download other than the map

Was a guy blatently ignoring the no bhop rule though, I eventually left over his lameness (not the bhopping, thats not lame, although his clearly doing it when the server rules say no bhopping was lame)
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #56
Sabre
Creg

Why is it always the servers that claim to be "mature" that have ridiculous rules with regards to swearing, the only reason i can see for banning swearing is to protect the kiddies in which case it most certainly is not mature. Any adult knows that swearing is part of everyday life particularly when it comes to games/sport, TFC is no different. Obviously, badly abusing other players shouldn't be allowed, but the meglomaniac server admins that kick the minute they see the word fuck, no matter what context it's used in need shooting. TFC at the end of the day is a team game, go watch any popular team/sport in real life and i can pretty much guarantee there will be swearing.

edit: Please tell me your joking, the server bans bunnyhopping?
Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #57
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

I still think the cutest thing about most server rules (except the ones forcing clanstyle play. These are great!) is the hypocracy.

We protect children from bad words to make sure they can enjoy a peaceful game of blowing people to bits or infecting them with mysterious tropical diseases...
That it's all for the flag is _no_excuse_ in this particular case!
rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #58
Afty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Others think it seriously detracts from realistic team game play. Boo Hoo that one server doesn't want to play the game the way you want to, it doesn't mean it's gay, it doesn't mean their noobs, it means their different. Stop being game bigots.
What im concerned about here is the "realistic team game play" Bhop is unrealistic but yet conc jumping and rocket jumping aren't?

TFC is not a realistic game in any way and aren't you, by enforcing a no b-hop rule, being game bigots yourselves?

The whole dospac getting kicked thing seem rediculous to me, dospac says 1 thing to 1 admin and gets kicked , but the other player is ruining the game for all the other players and sits there happily..... i think your admins need a priority check.

I agree your server is yours to admin how you want and i respect that you admin it well, but the examples i've seen here so far do not give me the urge to pick up tfc and come play on it. (im sure this doesnt ache your heart)
Afty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #59
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I don't care if a server has restricted bhop, I'll bhop right infront of the admin of any server that restricts it if I have to.
(Usually they are servers full of bots and nothing else )

Old 05-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #60
SwaMpFoX

I'm a member ot [o-t] I have no problem with the rules. The fact is 3 of my kids play on the server, my brother and his son play on they server and I have old clan mates from past clans who play on the server with there kids. If we were doing something wrong we would not have been around and still growing since 2003. |30+| has much the same rules has far as swearing they just have had their 10th birthday maybe it is because we run our servers has adults they have lasted so long. I never understood why some people had to swear to be cool or act grown up. I have no problem with B hop but as a clan as a whole we decided to keep the game even for all players its ashame when I hear someone same they need a advantage to win. Whos the noob.