Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #121
o_qui

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
All i did was comment on how i always found it funny how people bitch about some kinds of Exploits but then when told that bhopping is one also (regardless of how bad or good a one you consider it, in the end its your oppinion which doesnt stand for anything in a debate) they get all defensive on how its not. And gues what, alotta people here did, want me to go in a circle again and comment on why you keep argueing with me? Same thing, 2 sides to every arguement, cant just blame 1 side when there is tons of responsses blasting their "side" ;P (which everyone thinks is right, and because of that its the other asses fault for keeping the arguement going)
The "you cant argue with an opinion" card, is such a complete cop out.

Youre comparing nail gren bug, something thjat requires zero skill and adds nothing to the game. To something that requires skill and adds a new dimension to the game. This isnt opinion, it is fact. Its like how concs add something to the game. Its another thing to do in the game.

You say bunnyhopping is only an imbalance addressing another, and that somehow suggests that bunnyhopping should be removed and defences nerfed. That would make the game, boring.

And quite honestly, i dont care what you say about your opinion, its wrong, sorry. You say an opinion cant be wrong, yes it can. Your one for isntance. Its wrong. Incorrect.
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #122
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknight
Are you surprised that people bitch about nail gren bug? It's lame as fuck.

So bunnyhopping is/was an exploit in TFC. It's not in FF. #care?
LoL its so lame its glorious. ahaha (about the care thing, its obv not aimed at the people who dont care, why do they keep feeling the need to mention that they dont :P)
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #123
o_darknight

Because you're stating the obvious yet trying to pass it off as some uber amazing fact that absolutely non of us were aware of. We don't care that it is/was an exploit, but by listening (reading?) to you for the last three pages or so going on about it is enough to drive someone to distraction. We know it's an exploit - we dont care, we like it*.

Jeez.

*approx. 98%
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #124
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
All i did was comment on how i always found it funny how people bitch about some kinds of Exploits but then when told that bhopping is one also (regardless of how bad or good a one you consider it, in the end its your oppinion which doesnt stand for anything in a debate) they get all defensive on how its not. And gues what, alotta people here did, want me to go in a circle again and comment on why you keep argueing with me?
Bullshit. Nobody has been claiming that TFC bunnyhopping isn't an exploit. You're either a liar of you can't read.

Quote some posts from this thread that claim that bunnyhopping isn't an exploit.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #125
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Bullshit. Nobody has been claiming that TFC bunnyhopping isn't an exploit. You're either a liar of you can't read.

Quote some posts from this thread that claim that bunnyhopping isn't an exploit.
Wow sorry, my bad. Everyone here just doesnt care that its an exploit cause to them it is just compleatly on a different lvl then other exploits. Whatever. You win. I dont even know why i was commenting back all those times for this shit that doesnt even matter, no ones view will change. And im not even against the thing so its just stupid.(and yea im not the only one at fault with that either)

Fuck it, its a feature of FF, dont care if it will be in TF2 (which i doubt, never know though) and i like that phys hopping/surfing in source crap anyways so meh.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #126
o_darknight

Quote:
I dont even know why i was commenting back all those times for this shit that doesnt even matter,
It's not like enough people didn't ask you to stop... :/

Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #127
o_zaskar

Quote:
It's not like enough people didn't ask you to stop... :/
what can i say, im whatever you get when you mix a idoit & an douche.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #128
o_darknight

That was my opinion. You cannot argue with it.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #129
o_player

Rofl
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #130
o_shrine

bhop essential!
o_shrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #131
o_darknight

Haha, shit - I'd misread Zaskars post but my reply still sort of made sense. Just makes me look a meany. :X

Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #132
o_zaskar

Quote:
Haha, shit - I'd misread Zaskars post but my reply still sort of made sense. Just makes me look a meany. :X
ROFL :P

Old 07-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #133
o_little dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Little Dragon, I have a question for you: Why does the MOTD on your server (or one of them) say no bunnyhopping, but yet you guys allow bunnyhopping? I always thought that was kinda wierd. Hah, ironically, it was DAD servers where I learned to bunnyhop (those and on the CS map l337sk337, also ironically). I like your servers, btw, except for the annoying 1-spy limit and the really wierd swear filter. (And the voice over to the Cheers song when loading. That's just fucking irritating
well we have it on the MOTD to try to stop ppl from doing it, our senior admins dont like it so that what the rules are, and its not that we allow it, its just we have better things to do then bug each player that comes in bhoppin, so theres a cap speed on the bhop in the server config,( at least thats wahat i was told) the 1-spy limit i never understood myself, spy being one of my classes I don't get to play it much cos of that, but oh well red or blue could always use a good D soldier, as for the cheers song, LOL i agree it does get annoying, but it helps us out
o_little dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 07:18 PM   #134
o_ghost

I think one of the things I hate the most is when servers put up a ton of rules and don't enforce them. Then you get the guys trying to actually respect the rules and the ones that don't give a crap.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #135
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
I think one of the things I hate the most is when servers put up a ton of rules and don't enforce them. Then you get the guys trying to actually respect the rules and the ones that don't give a crap.
Happens on CS Surf maps all the time. There is no spawn attacking rules on most (most maps are made pretty shitty, sometimes you can see each others spawn points right at the start of the match lol) and when its not enforced you got half the people spawn attacking and half unshure if they should follow the rules or try to get a premtive strike spawn attack so they have a chance at living more then a second or 2.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #136
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

That's another difference between bhopping and the nail exploit. On a default TFC server, it can sometimes be hard not to "bhop." And by "bhop" I mean you look like you're doing it. To a person that doesn't really know how bhopping works, simple strafe jumping often looks the same. And even a hop or two using air control is enough to make some people bitch. I remember playing in PFL when they banned bhopping - more than a few arguments were started over this very issue.

The nail exploit, however, is usually intentional. Except for maybe on 2Mesa3
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #137
o_catzeyes93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dragon
.... the 1-spy limit i never understood myself, spy being one of my classes I don't get to play it much cos of that, ....
Just to chime in on this, the reason [DAD] only allows one spy is due to the massive problems they had in the past with spies pilling the respawn areas. Admins found it was easier to govern one bad boy throwing a pill at the door than 3 bad boys throwing pills at the door. Sui said that every time they went back to allowing more than one spy, the problems would start all over again. So.. they limit the spy to cut back on the problems it caused. And there ya have it.

BTW: I hate bhopping too.
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #138
o_dammage

the spy pill could be fixed by allowing the flame to burn it away ...
Would be a nice addition to the game, too
o_dammage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #139
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage
the spy pill could be fixed by allowing the flame to burn it away ...
Would be a nice addition to the game, too
or the ability to move it by shooting it like a server side phys prop

Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #140
o_sabre

I'm gonna be a bit more blunt here because i can't be arsed thinking of a nicer way to say it, but the only people who whine about BH are people who can't master the skill and use it, and regularly get left for dead by good players BHing past them, any server admin that tries to enforce no BH are old fart admins that refuse to move forwards with the game, and are stuck in the old days when the game was easier to play.
o_sabre is offline   Reply With Quote