Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #21
o_destroyer

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I get the point about it being ready when it's ready - and since it's a free mod none of us really have the right to complain....

..but as I said in another thread - couldn't the time and energy spent on the video been invested in getting the game out quicker? A 'first week of august' date was given after all.... (the point being, don't mention a date if you're taking the attitude of 'stfu, its out when its done')

My $0.02

Dave

Old 09-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #22
o_frenchtoast

Except we were all so upset over a lack of media that the video was a must.

There is a direct proportion to flamewars and recentness of media and posts per day in the 'bitch about updates' thread.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #23
o_fooleycooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeStRoYeR
I get the point about it being ready when it's ready - and since it's a free mod none of us really have the right to complain....

..but as I said in another thread - couldn't the time and energy spent on the video been invested in getting the game out quicker? A 'first week of august' date was given after all.... (the point being, don't mention a date if you're taking the attitude of 'stfu, its out when its done')

My $0.02

Dave
In theory, getting rid of this forum, ditching the dev journals... Hell, just not even bothering with media releases at all...would inarguably help FF get made faster. All of those things take time to do/maintain which cuts into raw development time.

But good PR is important. Also, most dev members were not directly involved with creating the video (a lot were involved with the action scenes but that took a single evening) so it's not like FF as a whole got put on hold for 2 weeks while it was made. I think beef actually had to keep his FF outdated as we were patching stuff after a lot of the material was recorded into .dems.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #24
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Honestly, all these "IBTL" posts are more annoying than the original release requests. Nonetheless, since this post is basically an unabashed "bitch about updates," I'm locking it. Please post in the BaU thread if you want to comment further.

Thanks!

Closed Thread