Old 11-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
skyrim

started to play like a week ago and it almost reminds me of greatest old rpgs

theres ofc a lot of missing points, hundreds of bugs but its been a long time since ive last pld this much of a comprehensive rpg.

any1 here tried?
raum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Bully
Beta Tester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spectating
Gametype: British Bulldogs
Affiliations: ®™ ^
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Yeah im on it, bloody loving it tbh, if i find some grenades it'll be perfect.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
I'm on the fence as to whether to get it or not... I got really annoyed with oblivion quite quickly (it's retarded levelling system and the way dungeons level with you... and other stuff)
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
SKYRIM...........

Is like Oblivion with a nice shaved verginer ready to get down to bump uglys. It the tits on the Mona Lisa with a sweet hint of strawberries when you taste them. It is Martha Stewart buck as snaked in your bed when you come home drunk to play naughty crafts with you. It is was an RPG should be. It is the greatest RPG ever to date and nothing so far comes close to it. It makes Dragon Origins look like a read haired step child. Damn gingers. Anyhoo it cannot be described but must be played. You can only play with it so long below you have to experince it with a one legged prostitue named Helga with a cleft lip and stubby toes.

DH

Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
A one legged prostitute would be epic!

And best game review I've seen from DH.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock View Post
... and the way dungeons level with you...
actually that makes perfect sense imo, as it is possible for a player to stick with the main plot and finish the game by doing less quests and having less xp than a player who makes more quests and more xp (im the second btw, it might be the reason to the way i think tho). in the end, there eventually will be a level variety
raum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Skyrim is a pretty damn good game, I've been playing Elder Scrolls games mainly since Morrowind, which was a great game. So I am a fan.

I find I'm enjoying Skyrim a lot more than I enjoyed Oblivion, Oblivion got somewhat boring eventually and Skyrim just has more depth, to keep you interested.

It has many flaws, such as your companion not levelling, and staying the level you were at when you discovered that area, so if you get Lydia and keep her a long time while you level up, she becomes very weak in combat. Thankfully on the PC there is something you can do. I got Mjoll from Riften because she was like my character and good at Two-Handed and Archery, so I could kit her out well and give her my old weapons and stuff. When I got her though she was about 10 levels below me, and after some research I discovered you could open the console, click on her, type "disable", click on the space where she was (she disappears), then type "enable". And she re-appears at your level, with the stats to show it. Which fixes something the developers should have fixed.

I'm really enjoying it, but eventually I became naturally rich, so gold was no longer a problem, I remember early on selling some things I needed and saving up about 9,000 gold so I could buy my first house in Riften and buy the bedroom and kitchen for storage. But since then I went up to having over 20,000 gold without anything to spend it on, so I just bought the Whiterun house to waste some money, I have just over 30,000 gold now, and my Riften house is just packed with legit and stolen valuables, so anytime I want I can fill my inventory up and travel around Skyrim selling things to NPC's until they have no gold left. And gain thousands more gold.

But what game doesn't have a currency problem?, I think every RPG with currency fail at some point, struggling at the start, but eventually being rich with huge amounts in valuables to sell. Fable III did the same thing, at the start it was slow progress, but once you own property you end up becoming super rich quickly.

Apart from that though the general gameplay is great, enemy NPC's actually use block, use their shields and give you a fight, it looks amazing, they have considerably more voice actors so you get a range of vocals, although the generic "Guard" accent becomes annoying. xD,

And I don't have a clue who is shooting everyone in the knee with an arrow..., I mean, 90% of the guards in the entire game "took an arrow to the knee". And some people in the game have only 1 line, so I remember this little girl where every single time I walked past her she would talk about this sweetroll... That got old fast.

So it has many issues, but so does every game that comes out, a game is never flawless. What it does right though is quite a lot of it.

Anyone thinking of getting Skyrim, DO IT. It is a great game.

Last edited by FreaK367; 12-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Skyrim is better than oblivion by leaps and bounds. There are a couple little things here and there that bug me. But I'm sure I'll be able to mod it out in no time. I remember when I played morrowind back in the day. I spent about as much time playing with mods as I did actual stock content.

Oblivion sat pretty sour with me. And though I feel like some of Skyrim has been dumbed down, and somewhat console-ized, it is still an amazing game.

Best RPG I've played. And I have played some good ones.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
The game is a direct port from console to the PC, it's soo buggy on my machine, my computer may be older but it's still good enough to run on high graphics in most game, but I get screen freezes all the time and none of the tweaks online help unfortunately.

Other than that the game is loads of fun, so much to do. I like the dungeons leveling with you, that makes perfect sense to me, some dungeons and bosses are going to be naturally harder or easier, and the dungeon's level is set once you enter it.

So for example if you enter the dungeon at level 10 but it was too hard for you, you can come back at level 20 and the dungeon will still be level 10.

The companion leveling issue sucks, but the work around has been explained already.

I usually hate all forms of crafting in any rpg, this is always the most tedious part of any rpg for me. Skyrim's is probably the least annoying system I've seen in the longest time, it's really simple and extremely forgiving, only alchemy has the chance to fail at creating a potion when you're combining random ingredients, other than that you can't fail at making items, which I like.

I knew crafting was going to be the only way to get the best stuff, so early on I saved all my money to buy the house in Whiterun so I could store every ingredient I picked up. It was a nice surprise that containers in your home have unlimited carrying capacity, so there's another positive.

I love all the random stuff you can do in the game, I got a level 50 Female Dark Elf Mage married to another chick, the first one I married refused to come to my house and told me I should be the one cooking when I asked for my daily meal. Well that wouldn't do, so I picked another one far more greatfull, one who is pleased to cook me my daily meal.

I'm level 50, I still have like 4-5 Keep's to even start quests in, and I haven't even done any of the main storyline quests. There's a shit load to do in this game.

I love the guards in the game, always making comments on my latest accomplishments, I like to stand around and listen to them praise me. I hate that Talos priest in Whiterun he pisses me off, and when I'm done with all the quests I want to do I'm gonna go back and kill him.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #10
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I love Skyrim, but it's not nearly as immersive/interesting lorewise as Morrowind was, not by a longshot. Still a great game, but Todd Howard promised Skyrim would have what made Morrowind epic... and it didn't.

Stuff like robbing vaults in random cantons in Vivec City, etc. Stealing rare treasures under the noses of some of the most powerful NPC's in the game. Etc., etc.

Last edited by GenghisTron; 12-14-2011 at 04:27 AM.
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
For the record, I've done a lot of those things in Skyrim, GT. The thing about Skyrim is that it's setting is completely different from Morrowind. Certainly Morrowind set the standard for ES, but, while Skyrim lacks in things such as Spell Creation, it presented much much more in terms of immersion. I personally got tired of jumping all the time just to raise my acrobatics. (Though I will say it was really damn cool, jumping to the roofs of building from the floor. ;D ) You could just walk around in Skyrim and you could see history ravish pretty much everywhere you go. Also, Fas Ro Dah... Who doesn't like launching their enemies over cliffs or off ledges?
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I was kinda hooked on skyrim for like 2 weeks, but unfortenely I grinded the smithing and enchanting, and ruined the fun completly.

Going trought the caverns and stuff wasnt fun anymore because nothing I would find was better then my current gear and weapons, plus the fact that max smithing and enchanting combined make op stuff, fights here no more challenging even in max dificulty : \
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
Yeah I think thats the worst thing about skyrim. You can just power levelling bsmithing making iron daggers all the way up to dragon armor at level 1 lol.

It's not like WoW where levelling up higher requires higher quality ingredients...

Last edited by AfterShock; 01-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
That's why I waited until I was mostly done with playing the actual game before I powered up my crafting. I saw early on that I could use daggers, before I read it anywhere on the web, and would just do that to hit the next tier of armor needed to help my companion not die.

Now if only Bethesda could work in the economy from X3... They would effectively take over the world.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pwnz