Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Cool and fun things with which to experiment

Ok, just finished watching an old episode of Mythbusters. Has anyone made a Dry Ice bomb? Apparently you get some dry ice and an empty 2 liter bottle. Cut the dry ice and put some in a the empty bottle....add some water and put the lid on tightly and then get the heck away.

Gonna have to try this when the weather gets warm. Who else has things like this you like that you want to share?
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
o_psycnet

3 parts salt peter (potassium nitrate) 2 part sugar melted over low heat in a pot, preferably under a fan.

While still liquid (after being well mixed), pour into a recieving container (plastic cup, spraypaint lid, tylenol bottle, whatever. While pouring, toss in about 5-6 matchheads (strike anywhere preferably) a few times, as to layer the liquid over them successively. Make sure the top has a bunch too.

Let cool, and ignite with anything. You can as well roll string or twine in the liquid and light with a lighter to have a make-shift fuse. Not too long though

Makes a ratio of roughly 1 square city block per 1 lb. fill with thick smoke
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Ok, just finished watching an old episode of Mythbusters. Has anyone made a Dry Ice bomb? Apparently you get some dry ice and an empty 2 liter bottle. Cut the dry ice and put some in a the empty bottle....add some water and put the lid on tightly and then get the heck away.

Gonna have to try this when the weather gets warm. Who else has things like this you like that you want to share?
I've seen people sever their fingers with dry ice bombs. Other than that, their just nuisance for rebel teenagers in your neighborhood.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
o_cruor

One neat thing we used to do when I was a kid was to take those yellow capsules you get in the Kinder eggs:

Then you add some baking soda to one of the capsule halves, and water in the other one, join them and seal tightly, quickly either throw it directly or give it a gentle shake before throwing. it's a gentle bomb but it startled a few unsuspecting people

Of course you can scale this one up to include a 2 liter bottle and a bigger amount of baking soda.

Another version I know of is to put potassium or sodium in one of those water soluble food bags, don't know how commonly available those are. you drop this bag in a 2 liter bottle filled with some water, screw on the cap. And run like hell, the water soluble bag is basically your fuse, the moment water enters the bag the potassium or sodium reacts like crazy creating hydrogen, expanding the bottle quickly until it bursts with a huge bang, now this one is probably more reactive than dry ice, I know dry ice also creates carbondioxide quite rapidly but potassium and sodium are slightly better.
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
You can sever fingers with rollover chalkboards, the kinds that kids have. So moot point Uber.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Another one I saw on Mythbusters that I am dying to try is using a 2 liter plastic bottle as a bottle rocket. Still piecing together how to make this work and seal for higher pressures. Looks fun though!
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I did something similar. My memory vaigue but this is what I remember.

You get a piccolo pete. Get the powder on the thin paper that comes w/ the Piccolo Pete. .... aawww wait I found it on google

http://www.rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/135329.html
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #8
o_darksoul

terrorist threat detected

feds on the way
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #9
o_dr zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Another one I saw on Mythbusters that I am dying to try is using a 2 liter plastic bottle as a bottle rocket. Still piecing together how to make this work and seal for higher pressures. Looks fun though!
we did that at school
Get a ventile(? maby other word in english, but big enough for a bicycle pump) and put it in the lid, use your bicycle pump and pump that fucker. then just screw the lid of fast. ZROOOM!!
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
o_luminous

potassium percholate and sugar ftw
o_luminous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
o_nezumi

Dry Ice bombs are awesome. Even better if you can find a 3 liter bottle (like Shasta Root Beer).
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote