Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
A funny video for the Conservatives (Flotilla & Israel)

Die-hard right wingers and conservatives will love this.
All you bleeding heart liberals will probably flame me to hell.

MIRROR:

Last edited by Mooga; 06-14-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
typical zionist bullshit

Speaking of reason, who wouldn't expect the Israeli soldiers to get attacked? They dropped from helicopters onto a Turkish humanitarian aid ship in international waters in uniform with weapons. Do you expect people to just sit back and let that happen? You would defend yourself too, especially if the people dropping on deck where the ones that put the Palestinians in a position where they needed the humanitarian need in the first fucking place.

You know when people abandon reason? When things come back to Israel. If this had been any other country attacking a humanitarian aid ship and its passengers, the world would have gone absolutely ape-shit, but because it's Israel, it's not as bad as it should be. One of the Turks on board happened to have been an American citizen. You won't hear about that in the news, now will you? Any other country killing even ONE of our citizens would have been met with the preparation for war. Our government just shrugs it off, because they're riding Israel's dick pretty badly.

The double standard is killing me.

Last edited by Bridget; 06-09-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Why didn't they ship the aid via LEGAL MEANS like most people do?
Why did they have to send their ships up against a naval blockade?
Also, Hamas is refusing to accept 60 trucks full of aid from the flotilla.
Also, check your facts. Yes, one was a US Citizen... WITH TERRORIST TIES.
Quote:
Ken O’Keefe (Born 1969), an American and British citizen, is a radical anti-Israel activist and operative of the Hamas Terror organization. He attempted to enter the Gaza Strip in order to form and train a commando unit for the Palestinian terror organization.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Bridget
Banned

It probably has something to do with the fact that it would be counter-intuitive to ship the humanitarian aid to the people who have put the Palestinians in the position of needing said aid in the first place. Seriously, I wish people would stop saying that. It's so stupid. Let's pass the responsibility of delivering humanitarian aid onto the people committing the war crimes and illegal occupation. Yeah, okay! Congratulations on posting information from "Israeli Defense Force Spokesperson". That definitely doesn't sound biased or anything.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

So what you're saying is that people should be able to freely ship "goods" to a people which openly attack innocent Israelis? The goods can also be inspected by the UN rather then Israel. The idea is to prevent the trafficking of arms and other illegal goods to the hands of Palestinian terrorists. Not to prevent all goods.

Plus, Hamas still has NOT let in much of the aid offered by the flotillas.
For a people who are so much in need, I don't understand why they would prevent trucks full of aid from entering. Oh ya, you can't build bombs out of food.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
Bridget
Banned

Instead of merely acknowledging the action consider the reasons why. Why are the Palestinians firing rockets into Israel? Why do they want to harm Israel civilians? Why are these people 'terrorists'. While I don't think killing innocent Israelis can be justified, because I'm not oblivious to the history of that region, I can at-least understand why they would want to do it. Maybe if more people stopped presuming so much and just asked 'why?' once in a while they would actually see the situation for what it is and come to a solution.

Oh wait, there can be no solution, because the Israelis are content on having stolen land from Arabs and on actively committing genocide, war crimes, and killing humanitarian aid workers in international waters so people like you can post videos mocking the fucking sacrifice these people make to help their fellow human-beings. I bet you every piece of currency in the world that if I had posted a parody song about the holocaust, people would be going nuts. Oh, but if it's about recently killed Turks or Arabs, then it's fair game. Gotta love that double standard!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The facts are uncontroversial and not even seriously disputed. What happened was, contrary to international law (to say the very least), Israeli forces boarded a humanitarian vessel in international waters and killed 9 and injured plenty more innocent relief workers on their way to deliver aid to the suffering people of Gaza. Those are facts. The claim that these innocent civilians, who were activists, diplomats, elected officials, and even a Nobel laureate (the claim of "peace terrorists" as Israeli radio likes to call them is almost as absurd as the far-right who continue to call Desmond Tutu a terrorist), must have surrendered their cargo to Israel (who, by the way, fail to deliver aid to Gaza quite intentionally) is plainly ludicrous. The naval blockade, which has been condemned across the world, is illegal as is Israel's occupation of Palestine, which has also been condemned across the world (the United States and Israel are in splendid isolation). That, as well, is not in dispute. So Israel has no right to be there, has no right to blockade Gaza (which has been described as "collective punishment," which is a serve crime against humanity), and has no right to board humanitarian vessels on international water (as countless experts and scholars have affirmed). That, by the way, is what pirates do. We're trying to end piracy on the high seas, remember. This is the reason Israel has been condemned across world, including from the UN. It's not because the world is anti-Semite, but because Israel, like the United States, is a rogue state and gross violator of human rights and humanitarian law.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Last edited by uBeR; 06-10-2010 at 04:25 AM.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

He's the fact: Israel has legit ways for people to give aid. These "humanitarians" choose to deliberately choose a route they knew would cause problems. And Israel fell for the trap.

I say "humanitarians" because it's all lies.
They refused to stop at a navel blockade, and were therefor boarded.
These "humanitarians" savagely beat the solders who boarded because the flotilla was TRESPASSING A NAVEL BLOCKADE.

What would happen if a few people decided to walk into a police station and start beating on cops with led pipes and firebombs? Would you still be supporting these "humanitarians?"

Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga View Post
He's the fact: Israel has legit ways for people to give aid. These "humanitarians" choose to deliberately choose a route they knew would cause problems. And Israel fell for the trap.
As I have said a few times already, who the fuck is going to trust Israel with delivering that aid? Even the UN (which is usually relaxed about Israel from what I've heard) reported that up to 80% of aid that was once going through Gaza has been cut by Israel; not by Hamas like everyone would want you to believe! It's for this reason and the pretty obvious fact that the humanitarian aid wouldn't be a necessity if it weren't for Israel's terrorism that no one wants Israel to deliver it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga
What would happen if a few people decided to walk into a police station and start beating on cops with led pipes and firebombs? Would you still be supporting these "humanitarians?"
This is the worst analogy ever made. For starters, your example has the humanitarians invading upon the territory of the cops. The flotilla was in international waters and the activists were aboard their own ship. There's your first mistake. It was actually the Israeli 'defense soldiers' that were the ones to invade the others territory by dropping down from a fucking helicopter with weapons and uniform begging for a reaction. Second, you don't state a reason why the 'humanitarians' attack the cops in your analogy. Well, there's a reason why the soldiers were attacked in the recent event. They were in international waters obeying international law when Israeli 'defense soldiers' commited (as uBeR pointed out) an act of piracy. End of story.

The individuals on board those ships were acting out of self defense and rightfully so. (Regardless of whether they were being malicious or excessive because the people they were attacking are part of the collective who have been committing acts of terror against the Palestinians for 60 to 70 some years, it's still self-defense.) The situation would be drastically different and perhaps adhesive to your delusional understanding of how it happened if the tables had been turned and the activists used the helicopter to drop down on IDF naval ships to beat the IDF soldiers with lead pipes and makeshift weapons and throw them overboard. Well, that's not what happened. Deal with it.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #11
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga View Post
Die-hard right wingers and conservatives will love this.
All you bleeding heart liberals will probably flame me to hell.
I'd compliment you on predicting this right on the money...but this was pretty easy.

Run blockade = act of aggression

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #12
Bridget
Banned

SPOILER: There's a difference between expressing the intention to break the blockade and actually trying to do that. The Mavi Marmara was in international waters minding its own business at the time of the attack. So, your justification has failed.

Last edited by Bridget; 06-11-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
SPOILER: There's a difference between expressing the intention to break the blockade and actually trying to do that. The Mavi Marmara was in international waters minding its own business at the time of the attack. So, your justification has failed.
Attack someone else Bridget. You and I flat out will never agree on this. Frankly I don't agree with the Palestinians being "given" any land in Israel. Let them seek out land in Jordan or somewhere else. So move on and rant against someone else.

Last edited by Innoc; 06-11-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #14
Bridget
Banned

Who's attacking you? Get over yourself.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #15
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
It's like people here arguing in defense of Israel know they're so completely wrong, but just too spineless to admit it.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #16
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Who's attacking you? Get over yourself.
That's 2

Old 06-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Attack someone else Bridget. You and I flat out will never agree on this. Frankly I don't agree with the Palestinians being "given" any land in Israel. Let them seek out land in Jordan or somewhere else. So move on and rant against someone else.
Why not? Israel was "given" land in Palestine....
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR View Post
It's like people here arguing in defense of Israel know they're so completely wrong, but just too spineless to admit it.
This.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #19
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Why not? Israel was "given" land in Palestine....
What point is there in "discussing" the ancient claim of either side or how the UN Resolution impacts any of this. We aren't going to ever agree and it will only promote ill will on this board. Pointless. My initial comment was directed to Mooga though I did not explicitly define it as such.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
What point is there in "discussing" the ancient claim of either side or how the UN Resolution impacts any of this. We aren't going to ever agree and it will only promote ill will on this board. Pointless. My initial comment was directed to Mooga though I did not explicitly define it as such.
How about because it's the heart of the whole matter over there? Israel exists because the then "world government" took land from Palestine, roped it off and said "nyah nyah too fucking bad." It has been in dispute for ages. The Palestinians were thrown out in favor of their hated enemy. No regards for a peacefull attempt at "coexistance" was ever attempted by the world government.

If the government took a large chunk of your land, gave it to someone you hate, would you just sit there, smile and say "thank you sir, may I have another?"
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote