grg
el matador

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah, very informative! Good job
grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #22
Nadagast

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Any chance someone can expand on the bhop thing? Or is it just, 1.15x cap and you lose 35% (?) of your speed over this cap every time you touch the ground? This seems a lot more like ETF than TFC.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #23
Suite307

100% in terms of increase is probably 2x the base speed.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #24
Formaldehyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
What ekiM said. Aftershock talked about how it gradually lowers you to the cap so you can go a couple jumps off of a conc jump or some other form of jump without losing all your speed and hitting a brick wall like you do in TFC.
Oh yeah, now I get it. I was confused because he said you can maintain the 400% speed even after you land. I assume this is not accurate, since you automatiacally lose some speed upon landing?

Man I LOVE TF. There's no other FPS where you can "land"!
Formaldehyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 12:34 AM   #25
Beavis

Great journal. Can't wait...much...lon..ger...
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 03:53 AM   #26
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Excited.. Dude make sure they don't release it before May 11 (my AP test).. I may just skip school that whole week playing.. I already plan to "come down with a deathly disease" as to not attend school when FF comes out..
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #27
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I just wanted to say, you only get double bass pedals for one reason: because you are fucking metal, Aftershock. \m/ ^.^

I hope we can get some music with Aftershock on the drums into the release... that would be awesome...

"Fortress Forever... can YOUR programmers rock this hard?"

*dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka*

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #28
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
I just wanted to say, you only get double bass pedals for one reason: because you are fucking metal, Aftershock. \m/ ^.^

I hope we can get some music with Aftershock on the drums into the release... that would be awesome...

"Fortress Forever... can YOUR programmers rock this hard?"

*dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka* *dooka*
Im not a big "double bass pedal" player, but im guessing that the thing does not make a dooka sound (also guessing its pronounced as its spelled)
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #29
groovyf
In the clouds

Great journal. Packed full of info.

Can't wait to try the BH-ing stuff with "landing" speeds and such!
groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #30
Don
D&A Member

Nah double bass pedal isn't juuust for metal. Take the greatest blues-rock drummer of all time John Bonham! So tell me tell me make and price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
What mod? FF is a big lie, the beta sucks, it's actually just HL2DM with stolen models. All the screenshots are Photoshopped by a paid artist while we all set back and laugh at you fags for believing us.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #31
PussyHunter
Proper bo!

Nice one shafter-cock, but how comes it's taken this long for your to get involved in the development?
PussyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #32
Gunslinger

The dev team are really desperate?
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #33
allisvoid
what is tfc?

yes, im curious as well about the pedal. i drum, have for 12 years now. im currently playing on a pearl eliminator and it blows away any other pedal i've ever played. and no, double bass is not only for metal. it can be used in any form of music you just got to know how to play it...

on topic: thanks for the journal, full of good shit!
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #34
3allz

Better be getting a Tama Iron Cobra AfterSh0k!
3allz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #35
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
Quote:
P.S. What make of double bass pedal did you buy?
It's a mapex, only cost me £60 second hand and still really good condition, was a bargain really.

Hey don, that first scream you linked - thats now in the game its the funniest thing i've ever seen in FF. I forgot to run a check to see if they are already on burn level 3 before playing the sound, so if you are at level 3 and someone keeps burning you, the scream is played over and over, its hilarious. Someone should make a video of that shit.

Quote:
Nice one shafter-cock, but how comes it's taken this long for your to get involved in the development?
I didnt ask until about 2 months ago. I think if its worth doing something, it's worth doing right - I didnt want to join with only 50% enthusiasm. Before then I always kinda wanted to join the team but I was focusing on uni and trying to work out what I wanted to do with my life. I was always hesitant of applying since i didnt know a thing about games programming and felt completely outclassed by the likes of mirv, mulch and billdoor, who all have huge projects to their name. I thought about applying for gameplay design but it seemed they had plenty of clever people with good ideas. Now i've decided I definately want to go into games design / programming and some of those people have moved on, which has left their shoes for me to fill (luckily for me, but the shoes are rather big!). FF now has my complete dedication, which I think was probably worth waiting for. Going into it, I was 100% sure i wanted to do it and can stay with the mod until release and probably post-release too. It was hard at the start because I was basically given the entire source code and a list of bugs and told to get on with it. But that challenge is part of the fun It's really a great feeling when you know everything you do and learn might come in useful for later games / future career. So instead of going 'jeez, i need to learn how to make icons in ttf format', I think 'awesome, i get to learn how to make icons!' and in fact most stuff like that i find really interesting anyway (geek). It's hard to really write how I feel about FF without sounding corny and gay, so i'll leave it at this: I'm committed to FF's success and release
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #36
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
That sounds like fun.
Though, I'd probably try to get that scream going so much that people will stop liking me.
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #37
fad
?

That sig should say #tfc.hs !!
fad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #38
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
done
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
This just occured to me. A pyro can hurt himself with 2 types of fire already. Napalm and IC. Will these stack on the pyro as well, or does his armour prevent that? Also, can a pyro hit himself with his flamethrower?
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #40
GhOsT

I don't believe you can set a pyro on fire but I may be wrong on that.
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote