Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
Thats not true at all I was banned with no warnings no nothing and i know a lot of dudes that happened the same, so dont say bullshit tbh.
So it had nothing to do with you being an admin of the "Fuck the Old Timers Group" and continuing to spread false information around the community?

Or maybe it was your use of exploits in maps.

And once you were banned maybe it was the fact that you never said sorry for doing that as the only reason you wanted back onto the OT server was because it had a good ping, and that during your ban you never stopped "bitching" about OT and spreading false info?

Yes I'm sure none of that had anything to do with you getting banned and having your ban lift request denied.

As Ricey mentioned, he swears now and then on the server and hes still there. Its certainly not because of his sparkling personality or cause he has good playing skills, cause well both are non-existent.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #62
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Okay, stop derailing the thread with your pro-OT ass-kissing.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #63
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Gwarsbane are you a O-T lover or gay lover or something ? but anyway the only truth you sayd was about the low ping that made me play there, but you sux so its ok.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #64
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
You sound like the people where I work.... I'm considered an ass-kisser because I do the job I'm paid to do, while the ones fucking off do nothing but bitch.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #65
Bridget
Banned

Gwarsbane is intellectually bankrupt. He's front-seat of the political correctness bandwagon.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #66
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Gwarsbane are you a O-T lover or gay lover or something ? but anyway the only truth you sayd was about the low ping that made me play there, but you sux so its ok.
No reason to flame Gwar, he just pointed out that you weren't banned for "No Reason", there was a reason behind it. Just like every other fucking ban.

Don't get too butt hurt zE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You sound like the people where I work.... I'm considered an ass-kisser because I do the job I'm paid to do, while the ones fucking off do nothing but bitch.

No, bridget is the guy who bitches because he got fired because he wasn't doing anything, and still sticks around the office.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #67
Bridget
Banned

No, I like to think of it more like this.

Bri: I'm a hard worker. Where's my work for today, boss?
FF Dev: Oh, we didn't change much since last beta test.
Bri: So, what did you change? I'm eager to work.
FF Dev: We changed a particle effect, tweaked reload speed a bit, so on.
Bri: That's it? I'd like some more challenging work.
FF Dev: Sorry, you're going to have to move at our slow-ass autistic-ass pace.
Bri: Well, until you get some real work, let the rest of the beta testers do that trivial shit.
FF Dev: LOL REMOVE U FROM BETA CUZ U INACTIVE BETA IS BOOMIN' BRO
Bri: I ain't even mad.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #68
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Quote:
I wasn't the one who first brought up stuff about OT. I just corrected what was being said.

Quote:
Sounds like I hit a nerve by telling the truth.

Quote:
Gwarsbane is intellectually bankrupt. He's front-seat of the political correctness bandwagon.
Gotta love something like this coming from a racist. All anyone has to do is look at your past posts and see how much you throw around the n-word. Just because you think using the n-word doesn't make you a racist doesn't mean its not true.

I like playing where I don't have to listen to 20 year olds acting like 7 year olds trying to make themselves sound like big shots by swearing up a storm. I like playing where I don't have to hear racist crap. I like to play where they have rules that are enforced.

I can control myself, it sure seems like you and certain others can't. I think you're just upset that you can't play on the OT servers because you can't control yourself. I think you're also upset that those rules over at OT keep the server filled more then any of the servers that you are not banned from.

I also promote and defend servers that I like. I get nothing from OT. I don't get a reserved spot. I don't get preferential treatment. I don't get any the ability to swear or break any rules. I get nothing from them other then a nice place to play and good people to play with.

Last edited by Gwarsbane; 01-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #69
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
Gotta love something like this coming from a racist. All anyone has to do is look at your past posts and see how much you throw around the n-word. Just because you think using the n-word doesn't make you a racist doesn't mean its not true.
Show me where I throw around the word "nigger" in a racist context. Because, anyone that doesn't have downs, as you no doubt have, would realize words are inherently baseless, and only gain their power from context and intent. Go ahead, please.

Quote:
I like playing where I don't have to listen to 20 year olds acting like 7 year olds trying to make themselves sound like big shots by swearing up a storm. I like playing where I don't have to hear racist crap. I like to play where they have rules that are enforced.
You don't have to hear any of that on the Talos server. From my experience, we have never had a surplus of seven year olds cursing up a storm on microphone. We haven't had any true racists either, but I guess that's because I actually consider who's a racist by real traits, not whether someone uses a word indirectly. I guess that's called thinking rationally or something?

Quote:
I can control myself, is sure seems like you and certain others can't. I think you're just upset that you can't play on the OT servers because you can't control yourself. I think you're also upset that those rules over at OT keep the server filled more then any of the servers that you are not banned from.
I can control myself. I play on a handful of Team Fortress 2 servers that disallow bad language. In fact, one of them is a hardcore Christian server that disallows even the most minor language violations. I can control myself on those servers because they don't enforce their rules like a bunch of sadistic fucks. They don't have server owners who poke into people's private lives or list their social networking sites, names, and addresses on their banlist. Their admins act like regular people trying to keep the peace, not someone trying to enforce a standard or belief or some bullshit. That's why I tolerate it.

In addition to that, the administrators of these servers do not, in fact, have a share in the development or administration of the Team Fortress 2 game as a whole. If I dislike their server, I can go find another, but I can also rest assured that their radical standard won't be enforced on top of the game as a whole. Old Timers had a grip on this game as a whole, because its owner, Scuzzy, had a share in the development of this mod. Not only did people have to get subject to counter-intuitive, close-minded, bullshit on the Old Timers server, but any chance of defending themselves here meant having the OT's lead man abuse his position of power, even going so far as to wipe an entire sub-forum to hide his inconsistencies and double standards.

That's over, but it doesn't mean I approve of how the Old Timers does things. If people want their freedom back, they can come play on the Talos server where they won't get treated like school children. Of course, there's only one rule: Don't disturb the game. It's intuitive. That's the only rule in our server. If the game is no longer playable or its play is hindered from your actions, then you're gone. See? It's easy to run a server without stepping on people's toes.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #70
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
No, I like to think of it more like this.

Bri: I'm a hard worker. Where's my work for today, boss?
FF Dev: Oh, we didn't change much since last beta test.
Bri: So, what did you change? I'm eager to work.
FF Dev: We changed a particle effect, tweaked reload speed a bit, so on.
Bri: That's it? I'd like some more challenging work.
FF Dev: Sorry, you're going to have to move at our slow-ass autistic-ass pace.
Bri: Well, until you get some real work, let the rest of the beta testers do that trivial shit.
FF Dev: LOL REMOVE U FROM BETA CUZ U INACTIVE BETA IS BOOMIN' BRO
Bri: I ain't even mad.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #71
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
It's true.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #72
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
As long as you're not mad, that's cool.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #73
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Using the n-word to describe someone or at someone is racist. You have used it like that on these forums many times.

After all the n-word is not used to describe any object or doing something. Its only use is as a racist word.

And no I'm not looking though hundreds of posts to find where you used it just to point it out. I don't even know if I can search the sections that I am not part of as I can't seem to see the thread you started a while back trying to defend the usage of the nword that was moved into the Debates & Arguments section which I am not part of.

You and many here know you have used the word and you have used it at someone (hey nword) and to describe someone (that nword).

There is also the fact that I don't know all the slang ways to spell the n-word and you can't search this forums using just the first 3 letters because like most forums they don't allow it.

Again just because you don't think a word is hurtful or racist doesn't mean it isn't.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #74
Pixel
if(0>1){printf("broked");}
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.21 seconds. Search: Keyword(s): nigger ; Posts Made By: Bridget

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...earchid=376613

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
Search took 0.17 seconds. Search: Keyword(s): nigga ; Posts Made By: Bridget

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...earchid=376621

Last edited by Pixel; 01-02-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #75
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Saying a word doesn't 'make' you anything. Saying a word that has become an internet colloquialism says nothing about your personal beliefs on race and racism. Using the word may be rude or insensitive, but I repeat, it says nothing about your thoughts on race. The only thing that makes you a racist is holding racist beliefs, which is not mutually exclusive with saying a word. Only politically correct nannies believe saying a word automatically means you hold beliefs on a certain issue.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #76
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Using the n-word to describe someone or at someone is racist. You have used it like that on these forums many times.
So, if I call a white person a "nigger", that makes me a racist? Also, please, show me where I have used it like that many times on these forums.

Quote:
After all the n-word is not used to describe any object or doing something. Its only use is as a racist word.
Someone obviously doesn't know about informality.

Quote:
And no I'm not looking though hundreds of posts to find where you used it just to point it out. I don't even know if I can search the sections that I am not part of as I can't seem to see the thread you started a while back trying to defend the usage of the nword that was moved into the Debates & Arguments section which I am not part of.
I expected you not to, because you're a liar who can't defend his claims with evidence. Defending people's right to use the word doesn't mean I defend their racism.

Quote:
You and many here know you have used the word and you have used it at someone (hey nword) and to describe someone (that nword).
Sure, but is it racist if my intent is not malicious and the subject is not black? If you believe that mere usage of the word constitutes the user being racist, then everyone who has every said the word no matter what the context is, was and still is a racist. There's no doubt that such a qualification would include you too. That's not rational. I know you think it is, because you're so political correct and paranoid, but people in the real world don't think of it as so black and white.

Quote:
There is also the fact that I don't know all the slang ways to spell the n-word and you can't search this forums using just the first 3 letters because like most forums they don't allow it.
It's called separate your search queries with a comma, but wait! Don't do it! Remember, if you merely use the word, that makes you a racist. If you type "nigger" into the search bar trying to find instances of where people said it, then you become a racist! Gee whizz, now I know why you won't search for it. You're paranoid of falling under your own delusional standards.

Quote:
Again just because you don't think a word is hurtful or racist doesn't mean it isn't.
I never said it wasn't. I said whether it was harmful or racist was entirely dependent upon context. Even further, when it is used with the intent of causing harm, I think people are ultimately responsible for how they respond. You can simply choose not to take offense to the word. I think that's one of the driving forces behind racism, the inability for some to grow up and get over a fucking word. Same advice back at you, Gwarsbane, just because you think a word is always hurtful or racist doesn't mean it is.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #77
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Moved to D&A.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #78
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
It's true.
My point was that it wasn't related to the arguement made. I made a real life work environment point, which you transposed into your being butt-hurt over losing Beta status.

That said, I agree that using the term "nigger" doesn't mean you are a racist. I know niggers of pretty much every race out there. I know people of every race that aren't niggers, as well. I have some black friends who have no problem with my use of the word. Then again, they aren't niggers.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #79
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
So is it OK to use the word 'nigger' on the forums? 'cuz I have some infractions for using that word... and if it's OK to use it... well... yea...

Old 01-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #80
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
I've never had a problem there myself. Course I don't feel the need some people seem to do to swear up a storm or use racist crap. This is the main reason why I don't like the other servers, until recently Talos hasn't had rules and allowed all the racist crap to go on. I've heard that they now have some rules, not sure what they are as I still have no interest in going there.
i have never been corrected or warned either, at least not since i FIRST started playing TFC years ago.

Quote:
And like was mentioned, if people are banned from all the servers, then those people have some major problems and need to really get looked at
i completely agree! its THEIR server, obey THEIR rules. if you come into my house and disrespect my rules i'll put you out on the street in a heartbeat, and see if i let you back in. its no different.

Quote:
But Ctf pub isnt fun at all the majority of time so : p
to YOU, there are several of us that quite enjoy pub play VERY much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
It's really easy not to get ban from OT,I'm a vulgar mother fucker, but yet I'm not ban from the server. Yes, I slip up sometimes, ask gwar, dirty bastard.
i agree, we all slip up, OT is not as bad as some ppl think, they just don't like being kicked and/or banned for being dicks. follow the rules and have fun, if you can't do that then why would they allow you to keep coming back??

Quote:
As Ricey mentioned, he swears now and then on the server and hes still there. Its certainly not because of his sparkling personality or cause he has good playing skills, cause well both are non-existent.
lol, Rice, we gonna tag team his ass next time we both on there!! i got ya back, Gwar is my sworn enemy(in-game)!!

Quote:
it's not "pro OT" to tell you your wrong, if so then consider me "pro OT", i've been on OT's servers in FF AND TFC(before FF) and the only ones who actually have a problem with them and their server and talk the shit y'all are talking are the one's who just simply refuse to follow a few simple rules.

and yes Bridget, i remember you using that word many times. also, no, lets not continue to use that word. i have black friends as well that have no problem with it, and while that may be the case, it is still hurtful to some, sooo lets cut that out. i'm ok with the use of "n****', but don't spell it out, lets be respectful of that fact that it MAY hurt or bother somebody on these forums, please...

wow, ok, whew, now to play some FF!!
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote