Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2006, 05:28 AM   #161
o_etzell

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok, so should the pyro's flame symbol be blue, yellow, and green? By your logic, yes.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #162
o_skanky butterpuss

no shit, the red cross is the red fucking cross. thats what keeps you alive. in world war 2, medics didnt have olive crosses to match their fatigues. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE RED CROSS.
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #163
o_kam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilik
maybe this major dissapointment people are crying about is actually of the mappers intention to bring more balence to the map
except that opf is already an offence bias map
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #164
o_afla edge

Haven't finished reading the 10 plus pages of comments, but did anybody notice the pyro's IC poking through his O2 tank or whatever that is. I think it was one of the CZ pictures. They need to either switch the IC around or reverse the model skin and put the tank of the left.
o_afla edge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #165
o_alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
Ok, so should the pyro's flame symbol be blue, yellow, and green? By your logic, yes.
Sure, why not.
The medic has 2 red crosses and 1 blue cross - which doesn't make sense at all. It should be either all 3 red no matter what team the medic is in OR all 3 the same color (team color).
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #166
o_riemukupl@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
no shit, the red cross is the red fucking cross. thats what keeps you alive. in world war 2, medics didnt have olive crosses to match their fatigues. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE RED CROSS.
And just how many red crosses are there on the blue medics in tfc? The crosses are team colored and should stay that way.

P.S. The medic needs a chin.

P.P.S. Lose the folding stock and the front sight of the SSG in the first person view. It looks like a damn CS model.

P.P.P.S. Other than that, things are looking fine :P

Last edited by o_riemukupl@; 06-11-2006 at 08:17 AM.
o_riemukupl@ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #167
o_imbrifer

Yeah, I'll agree with the folding stock on the SSG, looks dumb to have it in first person and not in 3rd.

The medic's face does need some work. Maybe its a bad angle..?

As for the cross, Keep it team colored. There is no Red Cross in the world of TFC, and its always been team colored. No reason to go around changing it now.
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #168
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiEmuKUpl@
And just how many red crosses are there on the blue medics in tfc? The crosses are team colored and should stay that way.
One big one, on his first aid kit. Its hardly like his chest and hat cross's are red, just two tiny armband cross's. Not exactly worth the fuss some people are making.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #169
o_eat

Well front door is different to tfc in the following ways.

The doorways in the yard go to ladders to the roof. Theres a grate halfway up looking into the balcony so you can get some good interaction between snipers on pubs etc.

The balcony above this doorway is the offence exit. Hopefully this should make for a better map for all you medics out there
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #170
o_comrade tiki

I'm such a negative person...!

Railgun:
...looks like a bubble gun or a neon light! The TFC default represented it better.

Tranq:
I like.

Soldier/Canalzone2:
Awesome player model.
Textures make it feel a lot different, and I think the red logo really isn't classic at all... too much like Quake 4 or something new. I guess it also reminds me of the alienware logo, and isn't skull-like. I also suppose the light beacon makes me think of one of those things I just compared it to, does it change colour to show who owns which command point?

Well:
Err... no it isn't. I like the layout as seen, but all of those curves seem too high detail to run reasonably enough.

Spy concept(s):
Overgeared, in my opinion. So many pads. But not terrible.

Pyro: (THIS is where my interests are)
- Boots should fit tighter or at least have the side pull-straps as seen in concept. Either way they could use more definition.
- Tank needs to be more secure!
- One tank for all of that ammo AND still providing breathable air? Wow! Why to his glove? He could use a second tank and a hookup to the flamer...
- Helmet light is distracting. IT BETTER WORK if it stays!
- Belt should go OVER the side-pants... or at LEAST continue to the back. The butt looks too plain as-is.
- Face looks like Jason. I liked the concept sketch's mask cover that dropped down from the visor to the neck, ignoring the face except for breathing apparatus showing through it. Although I like the current head, I would prefer to play with the concept sketch pyro in-game. Simpler and cleaner instead of fuzzy. Also without helmet/distracting light.

Openfire:
A lot of that stuff looks unnecessary, but no further complaints. The blue logo is good, at least it resembles what it is a little bit better.
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #171
o_qui

Quote:
let me be the first to flame lightly: its the style in which most upates have been written in and the regulars have become accustomed to. I, and many others enjoy Jessie's acid-induced rants. stick around, post often and you will get it.
Yeah gj speaking for all of us, but i dont really like it either, i just dont bother reading them at all now.

And you seem to be looking at it from the perspective of, it dosnt matter what other people think, weve been here longer, therefore its ok! Well no it isnt. Dont think like that please, and also dont make the assumption that, just because someone hasnt been around for a while, that they dont get it.
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #172
Decs
Retired FF Staff

Tiki, if you bothered reading the other replys and answers given in this thread regarding the pyro you will see that most of your pyro questions/feedback is allready answered.

Im not sure what concept you're refering to, but the pyro concept on our webpage isnt the one we used for this model.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #173
o_lor

Very nice media update, I can't wait to play FF.

I've read some of this thread, but I disagree with the negative openfire posts. The way I see it, that is only one shot of a fairly unimportant part of the map. It's a place you don't want to be anyway, a death pit with an average life expectancy of just seconds! I like the uneven ground because it adds character, you could imagine a base where warfare is taking place and damage is happening. I doubt very much the features are unpassable and far from restricting concs, those little edges might make drop concs more interesting

Eat you're doing a fantastic job on Well and I've always liked your maps although I'm not sure about the steps in the uno yard! I think the water effect on Well is very good I definitely wouldn't want to swim in that and as a medic (ritcH - what can I say I like changing my name ;p) I thank you for the opposition exit - brilliant. I also hope you bring back hollow because I think it was ahead of it's time with brilliant texturing. I think one of your signatures as a mapper and possibly defrag too, is using team coloured lighting and I think you should encourage all the mappers to do the same. I'm personally undecided about the brightness issue, I would guess that the bases would be brighter than the yards, and not much happens in yards anyway although in the interests of making the game newbie friendly which is very important, perhaps they should be a bit brighter.

The models and weapons are all great so keep up the good work. The engie's gun is a very nice model especially, I like the little warning sticker!

Now stop watching the world cup and release it already!

Last edited by o_lor; 06-11-2006 at 05:23 PM.
o_lor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #174
o_riemukupl@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afx
One big one, on his first aid kit. Its hardly like his chest and hat cross's are red, just two tiny armband cross's. Not exactly worth the fuss some people are making.
Aha, but is it not on the medkit and not on the medic? Besides, I don't think anyone's making a big deal out of it. Just voicing the fact he's got crosses of different colors on him doesn't really constitute a fuss.
o_riemukupl@ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #175
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocX
edit: And one other thing - althought I was completely satisfied with the content of the update, my personal thoughts on your presentation is that it's lame and not funny - hence I only read the first paragraph, then avoided it and just looked at the media. Really - it's not funny, and it doesn't offer any information to people who may be viewing this website for the first time from a referal from HL2.net or similar.
Yeah I gotta agree. Details/Technical info/Explanations > LSD.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #176
o_kam

nah its way more entertaining/interesting than non-LSD
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #177
o_mescalito

f0cken drug addicts! you can't get a proper game anymore without some speedhacker bustin' into your server this days
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #178
o_vampiricus

Quote:
Originally Posted by decs
Tiki, if you bothered reading the other replys and answers given in this thread regarding the pyro you will see that most of your pyro questions/feedback is allready answered.

Im not sure what concept you're refering to, but the pyro concept on our webpage isnt the one we used for this model.

I couldnt find anything regarding this point:
Personally I don tthink he needs a Trench. To stay with the theme of things, if he had one, it would look a bit odd. The only thing I was wondering about, was the strap that holds the tank on his back. That thing must be on super duper tight to not fall off. because there is nothing keeping for it falling down. I guess I just figured he would be wearing the tank like a backpack, like (dare I say it) a firemans air tank. Or something simular.

seen here

I was also curious where his weapon was and would he be carrying two tanks.

sorry if this seems overanalyzing, but I was just curious, if I missed your answer somewhere, please paste a quote or link. thanks
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #179
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I like the silly comments in each update. A lot better than "Herez an Updatez, lolZ!"
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #180
o_sizeablessonic

Wow! Awesome! The railgun looks cool and science fiction a little bit, but still doesn't go over the top with the design; it's right smack perfectly in the middle. The tranquilizer looks awesome, and really looks somewhat real yet still somewhat cool and out there, but not too much, just like the railgun.

The Pyro looks awesome, and I don't think it looks like a fire fighter at all, it looks like...well... a pyro! The only I thing I don't like about it is the little flame on his stomach, it looks a little unnecessary. The Spy looks sweet. The detail on all the models is awesome.

The maps look awesome, I haven't really played openfire, so I can't make comments about the game play, but it looks great visually. So does CZ2, it looks great, and still is recognizable as CZ2.

Well, however, was probably the best part of the update. It is like CZ2, looks great, while still recognizable as Well, but the changes are all for the better. The lifts, which appear to lead to the roof, are a great addition, because with the original, when a sniper tried to get up the roof, he was slow on the ladder, so if another sniper was on the roof, the one on the ladder was usually screwed. So this could give a team a chance to get their snipers on the roof to take out snipers on the other teams roof. However, I am afraid that the lift can make it easier for enemy engineers to get up on the enemy roof and build Sentrys that cover the main door of the other team. Other than that, it's awesome! Keep up the great work!
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote