Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 09-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Ray

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_joust

Mulch_Joust was my favourite Duel Map in TFC and we always played it on our Server. Not sure how many people liked it, but me and some of my clanmates still love it, so i decided to start a remake. I did get Mulchman's permission to do it. It's almost finished. Gonna do some playtests this weekend. Some Infos of the current build:

- Score System
  • Map is designed for Soldier 1 vs 1 only
  • Invulnerabilty is enabled, so you have to knock your opponent off to score. 1 point on Teamscore (onscreen) per knock off.
- Spawn Points
  • There are 3 Random Spawn points per Player. 3 Blue and 3 Red on each platform/side, no spawn on center.
- Backpacks
  • 1 Backpack on each side. Full Rockets and Gren1 restock.
- Size and distance between the Platforms are perfect.
  • You can directly jump from start to the side platforms. You can't directly jump from start to center.
  • You can direclty jump from center to the side platforms (it's close but possible).
  • You have to jump to reach the Backpacks, makes it a bit harder, especially when the enemy is behind you.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Feel free to comment and post some suggestions if you want.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Doompiggy
Banned

I remember this map, it was fun. Yours looks good, keep it up
Doompiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
shadow
Retired FF Staff

I hope that thing is just one big func_detail.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
It would be cool if there were lights on the underside of the platforms so it looks like alien engines or something keeping it afloat.

I think it needs flags or something - perhaps the long, hanging flags (the ones on the front of the 2morforever forts) hanging off of the sides of the platforms? Make it look more joust-y.

And please, please, PLEASE do not forget to have it say something terribly amusing when you fall off the platforms. A humorous (but not annoying!) sound is most important.

Many thanks to you, good sir, for remaking this awesome map. Great to have something interesting on DM servers finally. ^.^

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
from what i see, the outline of the bottom of the skybox is visible

if the skybox stays as is i think if u put a big flat surface and texture it tools/black or whatever, it would clean that up, besides that, i like it
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #6
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Aw, invulnerable?

Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Invulnerable is not gonna affect rocket jumping, is it? 'cause with buddha enabled, when you get down to 1 health push from weapons does not affect you anymore.

Should grenades be enabled on this map? Y/N/Ducksauce? I am 50/50 on it, I wonder what it would be like to play this sans nades.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
Ray

Quote:
And please, please, PLEASE do not forget to have it say something terribly amusing when you fall off the platforms. A humorous (but not annoying!) sound is most important.
That was planned and need to be tested, cause even if the sound is not annoying, it can be when people fall down too many times ;p I was thinking about multiple random sounds, but don't know how to do it with LUA.

Quote:
Aw, invulnerable?
Yes and that's the best part of it, all people i played with agreed on that one. Trained players are very hard to knock off and without it, it would end in killing only, like any other DM map. The knock off only makes it fun and unique.

Quote:
Invulnerable is not gonna affect rocket jumping, is it? 'cause with buddha enabled, when you get down to 1 health push from weapons does not affect you anymore.
You can rocketjump, you don't get damage from weapons / nades.

Quote:
Should grenades be enabled on this map? Y/N/Ducksauce? I am 50/50 on it, I wonder what it would be like to play this sans nades.
I tested it with unlimited Grens and without Grens at all. Unlimited was way to spammy, cause people permanently primed one and without Grenades at all, it slowed down the Map alot with 4 Rockets only and was nearly impossible to knock off good Players. I will test it with 2 Grenades max.

Quote:
from what i see, the outline of the bottom of the skybox is visible

if the skybox stays as is i think if u put a big flat surface and texture it tools/black or whatever
That's a problem im working on, i'd like to use a different sky, but i have these outlines on almost all skies and don't know how to fix that. On some skies you see all outlines and on some you see the bottom outlines only. The Guy who did xpress_b1 has the same problem, u can see all outlines.

Last edited by Ray; 09-30-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I do not see them lines as an issue :S

I hope I see this and other dm maps get regular play
Player is offline   Reply With Quote