Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #301
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
It is the essence of TF. Look up old QWTF vids and you will see just how "tame" TFC actually was. While you are at it... look up videos for ANY "team fortress" game and you will see that TF2 should not claim to be a "team fortress" game.

QWTF - http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zeJ_V6lTYE
ETF - http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYkQAU35LwI
ETF - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0H5EfyyKcQc
Q3F - http://youtube.com/watch?v=bmVvEKePOjY
Q4F - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ou8T1RfOTho
Exactly.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #302
kevjones

I see all you fanboys are going down with the ship.

ps: Don't play tf2 you would just be annoying.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #303
shai

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Game is totally different than TFC, should even call it team fortress, anyway cool game, freezes on me for 30 seconds out of every minutes, some kind of bug, what does everyone else think of the game?

Otherwise runs smooth on my PC

Im not trying to start a tf2 vs FF thing, I don't care. But just to really stamp something out here, Team Fortress came out before TFC did. TF2 is a lot more like TF than TFC, which I know many people here don't like, but just remember that. Beloved TFC wasn't first.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #304
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
With that said, I really haven't noticed much of a difference in the type of gameplay that occurs in a TFC pub vs a FF pub. The same type of stuff is going on, just that now more of that stuff is earning you FPs.
And you would be correct in saying that not much has changed, I think that's what the Devs were aiming at, taking a classic game like TFC...one that wasn't the first, but was certainly the most popular and considered the "norm" and improving it by rewarding those who may not have the ability to solo, or don't LIKE to solo, some people do like support!

Valve decided to rape every class of their nades in order to what..."balance" gameplay? Still seems to me that the same classes that dominated in TFC are dominant in TF2 without the nades...I am of the opinion that a player should and is entitled to use whatever means necessary to achieve victory...whether that is spamming nades into your rectum, or flying around your head flipping you the bird...that is what TFC was, trying to achieve that edge, and as the offensive abilities evolved, so did the defensive abilites, medics started flying, sollies started air-shotting...TF2 has removed any chance for skills like that to evolve...TF2 will remain static and stale.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #305
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjones

that really wasn't needed.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #306
GhOsT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
And you would be correct in saying that not much has changed, I think that's what the Devs were aiming at, taking a classic game like TFC...one that wasn't the first, but was certainly the most popular and considered the "norm" and improving it by rewarding those who may not have the ability to solo, or don't LIKE to solo, some people do like support!

Valve decided to rape every class of their nades in order to what..."balance" gameplay? Still seems to me that the same classes that dominated in TFC are dominant in TF2 without the nades...I am of the opinion that a player should and is entitled to use whatever means necessary to achieve victory...whether that is spamming nades into your rectum, or flying around your head flipping you the bird...that is what TFC was, trying to achieve that edge, and as the offensive abilities evolved, so did the defensive abilites, medics started flying, sollies started air-shotting...TF2 has removed any chance for skills like that to evolve...TF2 will remain static and stale.
Wow...please read what I was replying to. That had nothing at all to do with TF2.

Ihmhi was talking about how the fortress points introduce team incentive. My reply was about how I really didn't see any difference in what was going on in FF pubs even with that new incentive.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #307
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

I did read it...and I was trying to point out what Ihmhi was stating about how it introduces incentives I'll do a better job next time in pointing out who I was referring to.

The TF2 part was more of my 2 cents...

Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #308
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
IBTL

Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #309
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:

How can I play it? I have not bought it.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #310
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:

Ah yes, you mean this failboat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.flexyjerkov

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #311
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
IBTL
No need to lock it. Another thread would just pop up in it's place. The TF2 guys who registered here, solely for the purpose of telling me I must be mistaken to enjoy ff, can keep talking.

Anybody else notice how many TF2 arguments are based on the premise of, "TF2 is balanced/more fun/more team oriented/better because Valve said so"?

I find it quite amazing that everything they said and planned about TF2 is exactly on target.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #312
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
Ah yes, you mean this failboat:
4... FOUR Gazelle points for the gentleman in the funny hat.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #313
BobTheChainsaw

God damnit, if you change the gameplay at all (even if it's an improvement) the fanboys come a'runnin' just to smash it down.

THIS IS TEAM FORTRESS 2, NOT QWTF 2, OR TFC 2 OR WHATEVER.

I for one am glad ValvE chose a different style of gameplay, and joo guys keep flaming us who like Team Fortress 2. What the fuck.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #314
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

We keep flaming you because this is the Fortress Forever forums...if you wanna have a civil discussion about TF2, go ahead, feel free, but when you come to THESE forums to promote a game that is clearly NOT a Team Fortress game, then you will get flamed. Hard. Just that simple, if you don't wanna get flamed, go hump Gabe Newell's leg and thank him for making "The Incredibles" an online FPS.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #315
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheChainsaw
God damnit, if you change the gameplay at all (even if it's an improvement) the fanboys come a'runnin' just to smash it down.

I for one am glad ValvE chose a different style of gameplay, and joo guys keep flaming us who like Team Fortress 2. What the fuck.
BoB,

My entire point is that TF2 IS... IT IS ....A DIFFERENT game. Wow... I should just talk to a fence post. It is a different game with different gameplay and should have a different name. It is not a "team fortress" game. New players will associate TF2 with "team fortress" style play and that is incorrect. TF2's legacy will be to dilute what was one of the most amazing gameplay types ever.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #316
BobTheChainsaw

Quote:
.... that is clearly NOT a Team Fortress game...

I stopped reading there. Seriously, stop bringing up that god damned argument. The Team Fortress series IS NOT about grenades. The Team Fortress series IS NOT about speed. The Team Fortress series main focus should and always will be the classes, which TF2 has put as it's main focus. You guys are starting to sound like a broken record.

"Oh noooooo, we don't move at 50000 feet per second, it sucks"

"Booooo hooo, no grenades, now we have to actually shoot people"

Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #317
Kanadwen

Send a message via AIM to Kanadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Kanadwen
Quote:
go hump Gabe Newell's leg and thank him for making "The Incredibles" an online FPS.
I swear, if you keep posting shit that makes me laugh, I'm going to have a heart attack! BTW, yeah, thought the same thing when I saw the first preview of it.

X(

Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #318
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Umm...you might wanna go look at some videos of TFC...or even QTF...And look at the speed...and the grenades...and then look at TF2 and ask yourself if it remotely resembles the same franchise as before...hell I could make a mod with Source SDK...same classes...and call it a "Team Fortress" game...IT HAS THE CLASSES RIGHT?! If that's the basis of your argument, then all aboard the failboat.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #319
Weezy69

yea these new tf players just dont understand the history of what made tf great thats all..so therefore they'll just never understand..shit alot of em probally think tf just came out or somthin...allll abboooooard

Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #320
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheChainsaw

thats funny , if they would have put nades in and not had toons , i would have bought it...

-easy on the name calling-4est

Last edited by 4est; 09-20-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Closed Thread