Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
o_istabraq

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hello everyone

Nice to see some old aliases still active around the community

Anyway I have just finished my first mapping project ( a HL2DM map) under a trainstation theme.

Not very original I know but its been a good learning map and although its taken about a month of work to complete its been quite enjoyable.

Some screenie links :-

http://www.hardc0re.co.uk/TFC/spam/dm_wallgate%20(outside).JPG

http://www.hardc0re.co.uk/TFC/spam/dm_wallgate%20(%20outside2).JPG

http://www.hardc0re.co.uk/TFC/spam/dm_wallgate%20(%20inside_station).JPG

I'll post the finalised map over the next day or so for some constructive feedback when I've finished tinkering with a dynamic lighting issue.

Many thanks.

Istabraq
[XXX hardc0re]
o_istabraq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2005, 02:03 PM   #2
o_chad muska

Nice level design, but your map is a bit empty. The inside and the outside texturing are too much similar.
o_chad muska is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
That would make a good hunted style map, get the pres to the train ...
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
o_ghroth

nice map though the screeny's are dark
o_ghroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
o_dr zauis

I like how it looks, reminds me of maybe a trainstation in or near Ravenholm. But yes i think you should add some extra prop_physics, some stuff out of props_junk would look good o the ground...As Star Wars did with their orig sets, they made it look like the "USED" future. I like to make maps look at though they have been lived and used in for a long time. Add some decals/props and youll be on your way to a perfect map.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #6
o_istabraq

Thanks for the feedback & I do agree to an extent with your comments Chad although I took the decision to keep the overall textures similiar to keep the 'theme' if you see what I mean.

Maybe on my next map I will try and mix and match a bit more as well as keeping the theme.

There is imo quite a bit of physics stuff in the map although you cant really get a true idea from the screenies and I didnt actually want to portray a 'used/worn' feel as every HL map seems to adopt this policy. Although if 'used' means adding more realism then fair comment its something I will look at with better use of props and decals.

Apologies for the dark screenies by the way but the map didnt look the same with a lighter env and I didnt want to add more lighting as this took away its eerie look.

Thanks again.

Ista.
o_istabraq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
o_enrico palazzo

Very good work Istabraq, thats very respectable output for a months work if I may say so myself. Hopefully you can make some maps for FF as well. I hope theres an indoor waiting area in that map as well. I agree with the others that the trainstation would be very lit up at night, but maybe this is an old abandoned trainstation eh? The train looks pretty new and used though. Anyways, I still love darker maps anyways, and I love that indoors screenie you put up especially the old wooden floor. Keep up the good work
o_enrico palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote