o_-=bingo-bango=-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_bingobango

Updated-10/26/06
-Added Pics

Model:....15%
Texture:...0%
Light:.......0%

Ok, so I have never done any map making, well I sorta have but just a simple box in a room on hammer. Anyways I decided one day in science class to try and remake 2fort and maby model it or just to the concept and c if neone would want to make it. So I drew it up in science class and remade it on MSpaint in 12 hours, and was looking for some feedback on what I should change or tell me if theres a part of the plans that you don't understand, I tried to make it easy to understand.

-PICS-

Broken, will fix soon

Concept
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7
Pic8
Pic9
Pic10

This is my first time trying this so don't b to harsh

-Q/A-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
Looks interesting, yet complex. Maybe im just having a hard time figuring out where everything goes. You obviously have the skills to MSPaint a colour-key/legend somewhere onto that picture, I suggest you do so.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3r
I would disagree with both of these decisions as if you kill a defender he will spawn in front of you and probably kill you, if by some fluke you kill him twice you will meet him on the way out too!
I tried to make it so you get back into action as soon as you spawn, making it a fast main floor to make up for the large basement that will most likly be empty most of the time.
This map is set up with 3 stairs surrounding the flag room, making it easier to escape, but still difficult with there being the close respawn, making it somewhat even.

Quote:
Long corridors are a dream for snipers and make the offense impossible at the least add some cover and or some interrupted corridors. I am going to take my own medicine and do this for my own plan.
If you noticed Im trying to make just outs from the corridors about every 5 feet or so. If u mean upper floor, the only place thats going to have a solid floor is the restock room, the res it hanging walkways with railing and grated floors. The only long corridors in the basement are for the tunnles, and if you look ad the side view it shown that those tunnels are A) raised up from the floor, with there being no snipe spots in the basement that high, B) its curved and underwater

Last edited by o_-=bingo-bango=-; 01-14-2007 at 12:28 AM.
o_-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 03:38 AM   #2
o_nodnarb

not only do I like the map concept, but I am in awe at your 1337 MS Paint skills
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
o_-=bingo-bango=-

lol thanx nodnarb

Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 AM   #4
o_ma|2io

Could never be as bad as the normal 2fort. BURN. Give it a different name.
o_ma|2io is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
o_ihmhi

List of possible names:

ff_twoforttwo
ff_2forttwo
ff_twoforttwo
ff_eatmema|2io (lol j/k)
ff_2fortzor
ff_twofortzor

I like the idea and it has possibilities... I sort of understand the concept but it is hard for me to figure out a map based on 2-D drawings, I fail that.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 05:51 AM   #6
o_-=bingo-bango=-

yea, sry. The best I can say is light gray w/o black border means it on a lower floor but visable, light gray bordered by black lines means water, black means stairs

Old 12-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #7
o_osiris

Looks interesting, yet complex. Maybe im just having a hard time figuring out where everything goes. You obviouslly have the skills to MSPaint a colour-key/legend somewhere onto that picture, I suggest you do so.
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
o_own3r

I find your design hard to follow, but what i can gather is there are alot of thin corridors which are very long. and there is a spawn right next to the flag.

I would disagree with both of these decisions as if you kill a defender he will spawn in front of you and probably kill you, if by some fluke you kill him twice you will meet him on the way out too!

Long corridors are a dream for snipers and make the offense impossible at the least add some cover and or some interrupted corridors. I am going to take my own medicine and do this for my own plan.

It would probably be worth making something with a key or text describing features on the plan as I am not sure what I am seeing.
o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
o_-=bingo-bango=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
Looks interesting, yet complex. Maybe im just having a hard time figuring out where everything goes. You obviouslly have the skills to MSPaint a colour-key/legend somewhere onto that picture, I suggest you do so.
K, il add 1

Quote:
I tried to make it so you get back into action as soon as you spawn, making it a fast main floor to make up for the large basement that will most likly be empty most of the time.
This map is set up with 3 stairs surrounding the flag room, making it easier to escape, but still difficult with there being the close respawn, making it somewhat even.

Quote:
If you noticed im trying to make just outs from the corridors about every 5 feet or so. If u mean upper floor, the only place thats going to have a solid floor is the restock room, the res it hanging walkways with railing and grated floors. The only long corridors in the basement are for the tunnles, and if you look ad the side view it shown that those tunnels are A) raised up from the floor, with there being no snipe spots in the basement that high, B) its curved and underwater

Old 12-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
o_own3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=BINGO-BANGO=-
K, il add 1

If you noticed im trying to make just outs from the corridors about every 5 feet or so. If u mean upper floor, the only place thats going to have a solid floor is the restock room, the res it hanging walkways with railing and grated floors. The only long corridors in the basement are for the tunnles, and if you look ad the side view it shown that those tunnels are A) raised up from the floor, with there being no snipe spots in the basement that high, B) its curved and underwater

I think paint has the benefit of colour maybe it would be worth using some of it instead of shades of gray certainly would make looking at it alot easier.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
o_-=bingo-bango=-

yea il think about it

Old 12-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
o_own3r

Quote:
yea il think about it
To make your plan it would be a lot easier to use the program Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) it has a grid which you can snap to and supports creating any imaginable shape and with transparency. You can also create layers on the same image.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
o_-=bingo-bango=-

k, thanx il probably get that

Old 12-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
o_swampthing360

i like the idea of this fort.... wish i was good enough to make summin better than what i do
o_swampthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #15
o_-=bingo-bango=-

lol, swamp, at least ur modeling im still on tutorials

Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
o_tyrus

I don't know if its already been said, but I'd change the name to something else. I believe the dev team is already working on a version of forts.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #17
o_ivaqual

it's not the most useful advice ever bet rename it to something else as to give it more personal identity while implying it takes inspiration from 2fort

basically call it 4fort or 5fort etc
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
o_-=bingo-bango=-

the name isint 2fort its 2fort2, and i might change it

and 4fort or 5fort wouldnt make sense, theres only 2 forts

Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #19
o_nodnarb

Quote:
and 4fort or 5fort wouldnt make sense, theres only 2 forts
yeah, that would imply more than 2 forts.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #20
o_-=bingo-bango=-

as Im building this map and I have these big round things, im thinking silos. So the name might be changed to ff_silos