Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Welcome to the Mapping forum

As mapping is one of the most important parts to mod making, weve added this extra forum. If you have map ideas or are working on a map for FF feel free to share. When information about the FF entity system is ready to be published you will see it here first. A final map list for Fortress Forever is near completetion and will be posted here when it is.

Have fun.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
o_=ea=bean

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hi guys I have been mapping now for about a year. I made one huge map and then when I tested it found out it was to big using the wrong size grid so, I rebuilt it. When coming to completion I heard HL2 was coming and TFC with it so, I put it to the side having only the compile to do.

I figured what the hell everyone is gonna go and play TFC on the new engine and my map isnt going to get played or tried out by anyone so, I decided to wait and rebuild it in the new engine with all the architecture I wanted with none of the r_speed issues that come with the first engine. I have started to rebuild my my map and am about a quarter of the way thru it with all the architecture I have wanted.

There however are a few things that I still cant do and all the old tutorials that use to be there at the Snarkpit and other places I could goto are no longer there. Are there any architectural tutorials around that help with doing lips on walls that are curved or making the walls have great architecture instead of flat walls like in UNO. I right now am adding columns to all my walls and grouping them and this is a tiring process. I remember a tutorial on how to do this for the whole wall that use to be at the snark pit and is no longer there. If anyone has any sites with these types of tutorials can you hook me up? If you can it will be greatly appreciated. BEAN
o_=ea=bean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
mirvin_monkey
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
http://www.gamewag.com/hl2.html might be of some help, it's meant to be a compendium of all the available source mapping tutorials around atm.
mirvin_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote