Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 02-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
o_nomak

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
machine gun entitiy

you know in half-life2 in the part where your running from combine and theirs one shooting you with a machine gun on a tripod. then when you get to it you can use it to shoot down shieldscanners and attacking combine. Is there an entity for this machinegun in sourse sdk? i wanna make a trench map and i wanna add machineguns to it
o_nomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #2
o_nomak

please someone

please someone im making a trench style map for hl2:dm and i want to know what entity allows for use of the machine gun on the tripod. I already searched through and found "npc_sentryground" but it says "error no parent" then i tried "prop_static -> worldmodel -> combine turrets -> turret ground" but that didnt work. Then i tried again "prop_static -> worldmodel -> and i found a folder called ["sentryguns"]" but then it woudlnt show anything... am i using the wrong entity or please someone tell me which one to use and how

Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Ok...Nomak two thinks

1) ruhlax! There was what? Less than 2 hours between your posts? The answer will come.

2) 10 minutes googling revealed this: func_tank with func_tankcontrols I got it here http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?t=11445 near the bottom.

Chill man..have a coke and a smile!

edit: not sure if this is Source or prior generation but this seemed closest to your quandry.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
o_nomak

thx

thx so much i just arent too patient but wat can i say thanx man im gonna go try it now. The thing is that source sdk is so hard to use for newcomers its tips are dull but a bit good. they dont explain in detail exactly wat things are and wat they do and how to use them.. thanx man

Old 02-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #5
o_nomak

wait i dont get wat its telling me to do

it says "The first step is, of course, to build the brush model of the gun. It can be anything you like, although normally you'd want it to look like some type of gun. It is important to note that an origin brush must be included in the construction of the gun. An origin brush is a brush covered in the ORIGIN texture. Any entity that rotates absolutely *must* have an origin brush as part of their makeup." I dont get what it meens when it says "build the brush model of the gun" and this part "and origin brush must be included in the construction of the gun" does this meen i have to cronstruct my own gun and i cant use the one that they had in hl2?

Old 02-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #6
o_nomak

excuse me but its for hl one

|404|Innoc-TPF-

the link that you gave me is for half-life 1 it doesnt contain information on half-life 2 i tried to follow their steps on making a sky but there procedure contains a worldmodel and this one does not.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
o_ghroth

brows the entitys in the HL2 hammer cfg

look under weapons, turet, combine, npc, player
o_ghroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 AM   #8
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I tried Nomak.....just googling was all. I've not used hammer or anything else so I don't speak from personal experience...just trying trying to help you you out. I suspect that they might have been speaking of HL1 but wasn't sure.

Sounds like you may have some better leads now.

I do have some interest in mapping...just have never done so...
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #9
o_nomak

i tried

i found a good site that showed me the steps to making a stationary gun but when i compiled and tested it started dissaperaing and it wasnt useable. it said on the top of the site that stationary guns dont work with dm. does this meen i have to give up my hopes of having a trench map with stationary guns shooting or that i just have to wait for a new update with hammer?