Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 02-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
o_etzell

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Badlands?

Hey. I read your new map list, and noticed that Badlands, one of my old favorites, isn't on it. Is there any way that it can be added to the list of offical maps, or is it too late for that?

...Needs more badlands!
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
o__thursday_

I feel requests like this should be made in I&S as they are not directly Mapping related, just ideas about adding the desired map.

Organize a community project if to re-make badlands if you like.

EDIT: If you look at the current newly released screenshots of Uno, it is reminiscant of Badlands
o__thursday_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
o_jerm

Thursday. When it comes to the yard of a ctf map there isnt much originality left anymore, mose of the times its a bridge with water underneath. When you look at monkey_l you recognize shutdown2's yard, you shouldnt assume that they would be the same inside the base, because they arent.

The yard is just where two bases meet, wait for inside the base man, i bet you it's not going to remind you of badlands at all in there :>
o_jerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
o_mikequist

id like to see a yard made out of forests and trees.
the bases could be in the middle of a jungle.
and could be underground so it would fit in with the scenery. i mean, youd have to find you way through the woods to get to the other yard. would make for some interesting flag holds.

hmm maybe i should try mappin this...
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
o__thursday_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm
Thursday. When it comes to the yard of a ctf map there isnt much originality left anymore, mose of the times its a bridge with water underneath. When you look at monkey_l you recognize shutdown2's yard, you shouldnt assume that they would be the same inside the base, because they arent.

The yard is just where two bases meet, wait for inside the base man, i bet you it's not going to remind you of badlands at all in there :>
True about that fact, the yard in my 8% creation of Ayr is original and is based on KFS design of his unfinished map tfc_tortuosity (Open Source available at his webste http://wwww.kungfusquirrel.net ). My ignorance has overseen design details, although, the original badlands remade would be very cool.
o__thursday_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
o_vertical

Hi Sooprcow! (Etzell) I also liked badlands really well, there is a poll in the general forum for "a possible map to be added to the official map list" (in my own words) I do hope even if the team doesnt remake it that flagrun and badlands will be remade (which im sure they will at somepoint ) doesn't bother me all that much, the current list of maps is awesome, and to my suprise there are a few that i've never heard of :P
o_vertical is offline   Reply With Quote