Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Tech

Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Eon Seig
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

Class/Position: Pyro Scout Soldier / Offense
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Maxthon 3.0 Beta

Now out for beta testing. 3.0, supposedly, has an improved version of Ad Hunter, Maxthon's adblock program. It's pretty bare-boned, though it's beta so I expected that. The settings page only comes with 2 options at the moment; general and Ad Hunter settings. Comes equipped with Maxthon's standard download manager, which I have found through my use of Maxthon 2 to be pretty reliable and respectably fast for my connection. Also has a Speed Dial in every blank tab.

I haven't had it long enough to do any real testing, but it seems far superior to Maxthon 2. It gets 100/100 in Acid 3, which Maxthon 2 never got close to. it uses a dual display engine, with WebKit doing the heavy lifting and Trident for the purpose of being compatible with the vast majority of site which are designed for IE. So far, I'd say it's doing exactly what it was made for. I don't do any web developing or debugging, so I don't know what capabilities it has for those.

So, basically Maxthon has escaped its former status as just another Internet Explorer skin.

Last edited by Eon Seig; 05-07-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Eon Seig is offline   Reply With Quote