Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
WTF old timers

Ok i have not played on o-t server in ages, but today it was the only server with ppl on it so i decided to play there for a bit, and server kicks me saying u must change your name to old timers is best! wth is that all about last time i played there i had no infractions of any sort and played there with my regular name and now i have to change my name to that idiotic name for whatever reason. Oh and to top it off i was pre gagged and muted too.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Owned son.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
What a cruel trick to pretend that you care sooja. tsk tsk......

Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
You should've gone back in there with the name, "O-T sucks big fat donkey dicks" and been banned like the rest of us.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
I would stongly suggest you take this up with [o-t] on their site:

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/

BUT if you insist on posting/discussing this here, I'm just gonna warn everyone ahead of time that this(click) still applies!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
I think something like this deserves to be discussed here as this really is the only true forum which includes the majority of the community with lots of varying opinions, so thanks Satan for not closing this thread and first giving it a chance.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

The only people this thread concerns is the thread starter and who ever wants to respond from [o-t]. The rest of you should just be quiet and read for your enjoyment.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Well, since it isn't locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquilibriuM View Post
Ok i have not played on o-t server in ages, but today it was the only server with ppl on it so i decided to play there for a bit, and server kicks me saying u must change your name to old timers is best! wth is that all about last time i played there i had no infractions of any sort and played there with my regular name and now i have to change my name to that idiotic name for whatever reason. Oh and to top it off i was pre gagged and muted too.
http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...EAM_0:0:121917

Chance #1: 4/22/2007, you were kicked for language after being warned several times.
Chance #2: 8/24/2008, you tried to get people in the server to go somewhere else, the system autobanned you.

8/28/2008 you asked for a review of your ban and it was lifted.

Chance #3: 9/22/2008, you were kicked again for language after being warned several times.

Chance #4: 10/22/2009, you were muted for language and being disrespectful when asked to stop (instead of being banned like you should have been at this point).

Because of your distain for being muted you decided to start changing your name to things like "Jesus-Is-Lord" to intentionally goat the admins.

It pretty much looked like you were intentionally trying to get banned, probably for the attention, or maybe it's a new right of passage for one of the various groups. We decided that preventing you from actually communicating in the server and wearing the name "Old Timers is the Best" was a more fitting resolution to the problem.

So, saying you didn't have any infractions and didn't play under anything but your regular name isn't quite true.... is it?

Scuzzy

Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Funneh thing is that u are baned for sayng hi nigas, but theres one admin with a nazi commander name Erwin Rommel funneh .p
Ban them all from ur server too soulja .P simple . )

Last edited by zE; 11-03-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Yeah, there have been a few people caught incorrectly by the filter for saying "hi niga", but this guy isn't one of them. Most of them are smart enough to do a ban review to bring it to our attention and get unbanned. Other's make a huge deal about it and try to invoke Godwin's law. It's not a difficult path to figure out if those individual's get unbanned or not. So, feel free to ban people for no reason. You'll prove that you are exactly what you claim we are and that all this "I never did anything" is merely projecting your own issues on us.

Scuzzy

Old 11-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
RnZ
D&A Member

Class/Position: I like them all (except snipers :P)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [TW]
Scuzzy so what about that admin named "erwin rommel" ???

Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel

Quote:
Rommel is considered to have been a chivalrous and humane officer, in contrast with many other figures of Nazi Germany. His famous Afrikakorps was not accused of any war crimes. Soldiers captured during his Africa campaign were reported to have been largely treated humanely; furthermore, he ignored orders to kill captured Jewish soldiers and civilians out of hand in all theaters of his command.

Late in the war, Rommel joined the conspiracy against Adolf Hitler, but opposed the failed 20 July Plot of 1944 to kill the dictator. Because of his great prestige, Hitler allowed him to commit suicide. He was buried with full military honors, but the reason for his death only emerged at the Nuremberg Trials.

Just because he was a Nazi doesn't actually mean he did everything that many other Nazi's did.

How about people actually look up some history on the name first before accusing anyone. There are many "Nazi" soldiers that didn't kill or torture people just because the other Nazi's were. There was many that were actually honorable and even helped people escape death camps.

Oh and for the people that don't trust Wikipedia...

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...9/Erwin-Rommel
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/erwin_rommel.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/erwin-rommel
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

And the Erwin Rommel I know on OT is a nice good man, who doesn't support racism. Hes there for a fun time with the rest of us.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Has it ever occured to you Scuzzy, and other OT members, that instead of banning for swearing, that you could instead censor foul language? I frequent a forum that bans people for swearing and using obscene language, but also has a built-in swear-word filter. It makes no sense. It seems to me you disprove of people's lifestyle decisions and would punish them for who they are. You could avoid much more drama, and the time it takes to review bans, unban people, argue about it, etc., if you just censored foul language. That's just me, though, maybe I'm too pragmatic...

Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Has it ever occured to you Scuzzy, and other OT members, that instead of banning for swearing, that you could instead censor foul language? I frequent a forum that bans people for swearing and using obscene language, but also has a built-in swear-word filter.
Why don't you just censor the language instead of slaying several times and finally temp banning people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
It makes no sense. It seems to me you disprove of people's lifestyle decisions and would punish them for who they are. You could avoid much more drama, and the time it takes to review bans, unban people, argue about it, etc., if you just censored foul language. That's just me, though, maybe I'm too pragmatic...
Are you saying I can't swear?

I am mentally unable to refrain from swearing in the server when I'm playing TFC/FF/TF2, what do I do?

You are right though, it does take time to review bans. Up until recently we did not review bans, at all. If you were banned you remained banned, perm, no questions asked and no chance for an unban. The FF community asked for some leadway in that policy... we agreed to try that out for some time.

Scuzzy

Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Getting banned for several offenses on a server using it's own rules deserves a thread in the forums.

No,really. It does.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #16
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
Why don't you just censor the language instead of slaying several times and finally temp banning people?

Are you saying I can't swear?

I am mentally unable to refrain from swearing in the server when I'm playing TFC/FF/TF2, what do I do?

You are right though, it does take time to review bans. Up until recently we did not review bans, at all. If you were banned you remained banned, perm, no questions asked and no chance for an unban. The FF community asked for some leadway in that policy... we agreed to try that out for some time.

Scuzzy
That puts things better into perspective.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Just do as i did, ban all [o-t] that land on server : ) All the rest are welcome : ) And about maps ill release them only to friendly servers : ) Not very mature i know : ) but till me and my admins are unbanned that's how gonna be.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #18
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
Just do as i did, ban all [o-t] that land on server : ) All the rest are welcome : ) And about maps ill release them only to friendly servers : ) Not very mature i know : ) but till me and my admins are unbanned that's how gonna be.
There is most of the problem, if the people that have been banned, were actually mature, then they would not have been banned.

After all like has been mentioned many times, except for racist words like the n word, OT doesn't ban instantly. It gives people chance after chance after chance. And then TEMP bans them, then still gives them more chances. before they are banned for good and even after that, they can talk to OT and have their ban lifted.

There are too many idiots out there that try to claim they were banned for just saying one little word like ass or what ever, when its not true at all. They know they were given chance after chance after chance to stop breaking the rules, OR they said the nword (which would get them banned instantly).

Its crap like this that helps drives people away from the game. One group of idiots spreads false information (because they dislike others for what ever reason) and then others jump on the bandwagon for what ever reason and spread even more misinformation because they don't know any better.

Its no wonder I only play on OT. Too many immature idiots on most of the other servers who think no rules are good and that saying racist crap makes them look like big shots when in fact you just look like idiots.

Don't like rules? Fine, go play on a server with no rules, just don't put down another server or group just because they have rules and enforce them. And stop trying to blame them for the current state of the community.

You want to partly blame someone for the state of the community, look in the mirror.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #19
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
There are too many idiots out there that try to claim they were banned for just saying one little word like ass or what ever, when its not true at all. They know they were given chance after chance after chance to stop breaking the rules, OR they said the nword (which would get them banned instantly).
I was perma banned for typing in an ip address to someone interested in learning what pickups were all about.

So ya it happens.

That's when I decided OT's wasn't for me. They feel they need a billion rules and safeguards to protect their players from... well from what I don't know, we're playing a game of death and killing. But other servers operate just as well with almost 0 rules. Those are the servers I have more fun

But really it's not a big deal, I mean it hasn't affected the enjoyment I get out of the game. Between Talos and pickups, I always have somewhere to go, and I've never regretted my decision to not bother getting unbanned. So i'm not sure why other people make sure a huge deal out of being banned. It's obviously a server where the banned players wouldn't find much fun anyways even if they were allowed back.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
beating a dead horse
There is nothing immature about profanity. It's the context of the words you use. You can be insanely immature without swearing.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Closed Thread