Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Bille
Beetle[NSA]DK

Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [NSA]DK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Full-screen / Windowed Blues

This is annoying. Let me explain.

I have a 2 monitor setup. One at 1920x1200 the other at 1280x1024.
I'm running w7 with the newest nVIDIA drivers on my GTS8800.
Everything else works like a charm, including all other Steam games (HL2, L4D, etc)
  1. From a fresh install, FF won't load properly (hangs at loading screen) at fullscreen 1024x768 (default behavior for never run steam games iirc)
  2. Since resolution is set ingame, i go and put a '-windowed' command in my startup parameters. FF loads fine.
  3. I hit options and change back to Full screen. FF goes full screen and doesn't hang or crash, but now my cursor offsets by roughly half an inch. E.g. whatever i wanna click i need to put the mousepointer half an inch below.
  4. I keep the game running in fullscreen and alt-tab out of the game (it minimizes) and i bring it back up again.
  5. INow the pointer problem has gone away, but all the HUD panels ingame has gained an ugly semi transparent white overlay, like if someone yanked up the gamma to max on just those parts of the screen.
  6. After i've set my resolution if quit the game and go back and remove the -windowed parameter, FF once more won't load.
  7. If I leave it it windowed mode from launch, the window doesn't maximize, but places it self slightly offset from the full area of my primary monitor. I can see a tad of the window on the 2nd montior and I'm missing 3/4 of the bottom of the HUD, lost to my status bar.
  8. IIf I then maximize it, two things happen. 1) the point goes out of sync again and 2 now the HUD is missing 1.5 inc of itself from the bottom.

Arrgh.. Suggetions?

Last edited by Bille; 08-18-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Bille is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Set the resolution slightly smaller then your screen size. I use a wide screen rez even tough my mian screen is not as to cover the offset of the boarder and startmenu.

If FF is ever ported over to Orange Box, -noboarder can be used.