Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 09-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #21
Hellraz0r

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hmm, I've tried but still can't do it. Is there a way to make it so when holding down mouse1 when hwguy, that you can make it so when its ALMOST heated up it stops firing, but then keeps firing while you hold it down, so it never overheats? I've tried the whole +attack;wait thing etc...

I can't keep doing it manually as in hold down mouse, let go for abit hold down mouse let go for abit.. I cannot multitask!
Hellraz0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #22
Tarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Wow that seems unnecessarily complicated.
it had to be for the features i wanted

features are that when i stop firing i start to disguise as the last disguise i had right away,3 keys to hold down to either use slots/friendly/next player after dying, also another key to tell team who you are disguised as.... i need to edit it a bit as it was just a quick change from the tfc one i made, now i can add location
Tarron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #23
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraz0r
Hmm, I've tried but still can't do it. Is there a way to make it so when holding down mouse1 when hwguy, that you can make it so when its ALMOST heated up it stops firing, but then keeps firing while you hold it down, so it never overheats? I've tried the whole +attack;wait thing etc...

I can't keep doing it manually as in hold down mouse, let go for abit hold down mouse let go for abit.. I cannot multitask!
With in-game scripting? No. That's cheating anyway.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
C-Aim
Better than Never

Damn, people are already trying to script the HWGuy's gun... I figured it would at least take a week

It was a great idea, but its too bad people would rather write a script than play the game they way it was intended.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #25
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

still play it the way it was intended. if didnt want people to make thier scripts they wouldnt have the feature of makin them.
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #26
C-Aim
Better than Never

That's like saying "if they didn't want people to hack, they wouldn't make the game vulnerable."

Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #27
PorkChopVII

what ever mojo language you jsut said meant.... this isnt hacking, how is it hacking, besides if someone that is a good player but has trouble with the menu finds it easier to to press a buttin, then i say go for it. If the menu is what is hindering a good player from playing as good as he can, then isay assist him. If someone new is having trouble with the menu i say do the same, if someone is having a bad expierence with just a simple menu and doesnt play that much becuaes of it, then i say assist so he can enjoy the game.

You choose whether or not to use cfgs, no one is holding your arma nd forcing you, if you dont have trouble with the menus then dont harp on someone who does have trouble with the menus and call it hacking.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #28
IvaQuaL

Why do you think the developers put a limitation on the AC ? Just so people would script it out ?
IvaQuaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #29
PorkChopVII

dont get me wrong i dont agree with the attack assist scripts etc. My scripts pertain to a different way of accessing the menu features without the hud involved, and with my spy cfg has a option to try and "fake" a death where you discard throw the flag and see your body drop and cloak so hope to evade a death and counter the attack and then pick the flag back up and continue on.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #30
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopVII
what ever mojo language you jsut said meant.... this isnt hacking, how is it hacking, besides if someone that is a good player but has trouble with the menu finds it easier to to press a buttin, then i say go for it. If the menu is what is hindering a good player from playing as good as he can, then isay assist him. If someone new is having trouble with the menu i say do the same, if someone is having a bad expierence with just a simple menu and doesnt play that much becuaes of it, then i say assist so he can enjoy the game.

You choose whether or not to use cfgs, no one is holding your arma nd forcing you, if you dont have trouble with the menus then dont harp on someone who does have trouble with the menus and call it hacking.
I never said anything about binds being bad. I stated that it is sad that people are already trying to script a skill. There is a distinct difference between making a disguise bind for spy and writing a script that allows you to fire the AC at the full rate of fire with one press of a button. The reason I made the analogy to hacking is that this script, while technically possible, is just a way to get around something that the devs purposefully put in to alter the way HWs fire their gun.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #31
vpsaline

Guys I would like a script for the medic for when I equip my medkit, it automatically holds down the trigger constantly. Thx.
And Sniper needs a "Click to Charge, Click to Shoot" script! So I dont need to keep the trigger pressed constantly. Click trigger once charges and keeps rifle charged until clicked again to shoot!
vpsaline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 PM   #32
Hellraz0r

Oh okay I didn't know that, fair enough then.
Hellraz0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #33
PorkChopVII

might seem confuzing

alias autoon "bind mouse1 +startfire;speak on;bind p autooff"
alias autooff "-attack;bind mouse1 +attack;speak vox/tfc/woop;bind p autoon"
alias +startfire "+attack;speak vox/tfc/doop;bind mouse1 +stopfire"
alias -startfire ""
alias +stopfire "-attack;bind mouse1 +startfire"
alias -stopfire ""
bind p "autoon"

press p to change the fire rate to click once to fire click again to release. Does have sound confirmation

Old 09-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #34
vpsaline

Quote:
might seem confuzing

alias autoon "bind mouse1 +startfire;speak on;bind p autooff"
alias autooff "-attack;bind mouse1 +attack;speak vox/tfc/woop;bind p autoon"
alias +startfire "+attack;speak vox/tfc/doop;bind mouse1 +stopfire"
alias -startfire ""
alias +stopfire "-attack;bind mouse1 +startfire"
alias -stopfire ""
bind p "autoon"

press p to change the fire rate to click once to fire click again to release. Does have sound confirmation

Thanks man! it works for both medic+sniper, exactly what i was looking for!

Last edited by vpsaline; 09-15-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #35
PorkChopVII

Ahh the joys of helpin people

Old 09-16-2007, 03:28 AM   #36
vpsaline

Actually after trying it for a while it seems to be a little buggy. Like I place them in the Medic/Sniper only configs, but it stays in effect for every class. WTF?

Old 09-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #37
PorkChopVII

lol thats why i have it where you press P to enalbe and disable it. i have it in my autoexec so that anyone can use it if i choose, to enable where you press once to start firing again to stop. and then to disable it and return to normal fire, press P again

Old 09-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #38
16Valve

The Engineer build/det/dismantle script only builds (for me anyway). I hit the same key again and it only tries to build another sentry again.

Idea? Does it work correctly for anyone else?
16Valve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #39
PorkChopVII

you trying to use a script?. ive had similar problems iwht my grenade script(before i realized it was implemented in the keyboard setup options) where press once ot prime and press again to throw, accept that it would prime another right away after throwing, so basicly either dispose of all your grenades or distroy yourself with holding one. kinda humorous. but done the less have to change up your cfgs where it might atempt to build before dismantle/destorying sentry.. i dunno im not at home to test this right now

Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #40
16Valve

Quote:
you trying to use a script?. ive had similar problems iwht my grenade script(before i realized it was implemented in the keyboard setup options) where press once ot prime and press again to throw, accept that it would prime another right away after throwing, so basicly either dispose of all your grenades or distroy yourself with holding one. kinda humorous. but done the less have to change up your cfgs where it might atempt to build before dismantle/destorying sentry.. i dunno im not at home to test this right now
I took the one from your "engie" script in the first post. Doesn't seem to want to dismantle or det the SG

//Build Sentry/Det Sentry
alias buildset1 "sentrygun; alias weaponswitch buildset2"
alias buildset2 "dismantlesentry; detsentry; alias weaponswitch buildset1"
alias sentrybuilddet buildset1
bind "KEY" "sentrybuilddet"
16Valve is offline   Reply With Quote