Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
lol ok?

Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #122
Sabre
Creg

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjpac
Sabre.. honestly dude... play TF2 with some good players, get your ass kicked, and come back to me. Saying TF2 takes no skill, takes 10 minutes to master, and all that bullshit just makes you look like an idiot. The game has a lot more depth than you give it credit for. OMFGZOR I CANT SPAM GRENADES, THEREFORE THE GAME TAKE NO SKILLZOR LOLZ.
Well actually i only said FF/TFC have more depth than TF2 as in more weapons, concing, bunnyhopping, trimping, rampsliding etc which it clearly does, where you got the rest of it from i don't know you seem to have made it up... [personal insult deleted - keep it mature.]

Last edited by 4est; 09-25-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #123
jaguax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleFragged
You fail to see logic in advertising. Advertising doesn't magically make people play games. No one is saying it does. It does however make people aware of something. If Team Fortress 2 is advertised to millions of people as opposed to the thousands that Fortress-Forever is advertised to, which do you think would acquire more players. I'd suggest you first pass high school then graduate from college before making a post like that again.
Engee already beat me to it, but to reiterate, good advertising will draw in a huge flock of people, fully agreed. However, in order to keep those people playing for longer than a day, the game itself must satisfy the community. Now I haven't checked lately, but I'm going to assume judging from server/player count, that TF2 has been steadily growing since day one. This trend will undoubtedly continue, and it's not because of advertising. Advertising combined with gamer curiousity pulled the thousands of people in on DAY ONE... But here we are on what, day 9? And we have an exponentially larger number of players than we did on day one! People are standing by it for a simple reason, because it's fun and addictive! End of story!

P.S. Comments like "I suggest you pass high school" are completely uncalled for.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #124
GhOsT

Unfortunately the numbers show what I thought would happen. When FF was released there were 1k-2k people playing at night. However, i saw a lot of people saying in the pubs I was playing in on the first couple days that they were just playing FF till TF2 came out. It appears from the numbers now that a good number of people did that.

Sure, advertising had something to do with that but the fact that TF2's numbers are only growing indicates that a good number of people are sticking with the game.
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #125
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
Unfortunately the numbers show what I thought would happen. When FF was released there were 1k-2k people playing at night. However, i saw a lot of people saying in the pubs I was playing in on the first couple days that they were just playing FF till TF2 came out. It appears from the numbers now that a good number of people did that.

Sure, advertising had something to do with that but the fact that TF2's numbers are only growing indicates that a good number of people are sticking with the game.
well i never seen 2k playing but it still gets to 650 every night, so thats like 300+.. tf2's numbers are still the same every day as well tops at 8k, wich is the same as dod...
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #126
GhOsT

Then I guess you didn't look at FF's numbers that first weekend. I dunno if it ever reached 2k but it definitely made it well over 1k easily for the entire weekend (err, well, at least in the evening).
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #127
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT

I think the people are sticking around because they spent 45 bucks on it =/. They probably want to make sure and be thoroughly sure that it was(or was not) worth their spent dollars.

Plus, there a lot of hopes that valve is reading the posts like "pyro sucks," "medic players are declining fast," "sudden death is a waste of time," "respawn timer deter the game," etc.

So, i don't think that the numbers accurately describe the sentiments of the players currently. After the official version of TF2 is out, and valve had a chance to patch some more aftwards, i think thats when the numbers in the stats might become somewhat reliable, because then players would know if there will or will not be future tweaks to the gameplay itself, such as removing sudden death, or giving the medic something more than his syringe shooter.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #128
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
SMB2 wasn't a Mario game. It was re-packaged as one for the US market after the real SMB2 was deemed too difficult for us. The 'SMB Lost Levels' game that came with SMB All-stars was the real SMB2..

At any rate, here's hoping TF2 and FF both continue to grow.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #129
Bomber
Skillet

TFC beating FF in stats on Steampowered site?

FF is below TFC wtf?
Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #130
NewKleer

lots of people are oblivious to FF, dont have a good enough PC for it (especially lack of good c2d cpu's), or cbf trying it out.

but theres another 20 threads on player numbers in FF, doesnt really warrant a new thread each time
NewKleer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #131
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
meh, i think it counts bots also. bots make up about 2/3 of TFC's community.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #132
Business
Superbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
meh, i think it counts bots also. bots make up about 2/3 of TFC's community.
hey! no reason to get personal.
Business is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #133
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Business
hey! no reason to get personal.
LMAO. Classic.
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #134
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

bump

i like this thread...keeps us update on who is who.

EDIT: We have got to get the word out on this mod!!!

need more peeps. go to TFC and TF2 and spam Fortress-Forever in every server...lol

I dunno...seems to me that if FF was "dumbed down" like all the Steam Source games it would make it a popular mod...although we at FF wouldn't want it "dumbed down". TF is not for dummies.

Last edited by s0undch4s3r; 09-30-2007 at 12:25 PM.
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #135
Beavis

It seems that TFC is now 4x as popular as FF...

I'm sure it won't die though. A new patch will certainly boost those numbers up I think.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #136
Gigiya

I'm really surprised by FF's terribly low numbers.
Gigiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #137
Thormier

<3 FF
Thormier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #138
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
huh?
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 12:46 AM   #139
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Hmm...I have an idea...excuse me

Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #140
Cosides

The gameplay of FF and the graphics of TF2 would make for an awesome game.

I liked the clean look of TFC, I find FF is too detailed but oh well.
Cosides is offline   Reply With Quote