Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #101
Mad_Clog

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
1.1 now i cant play half the servers we'll at least the papular ones...
Give the server admins some time to update.
If you really can't wait send them a friendly notice 1.1 has been released.
Mad_Clog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #102
Chaotic Llama
L | l a m a f i e d !

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
It was confirmed by the devs v1.1 comes with some maps that got thru by mistake. The mapslist with v1.1 lists:

Quote:
ff_shutdown2
ff_cornfield
ff_push
ff_well
ff_hunted
ff_2morforever
ff_cz2
ff_dustbowl
Are any maps released with v1.1 considered promotable by the devs? ie: ok to run and add to the rotation/vote? Sorry for having to ask.. I just haven't had time to play and go thru them all.

thx
Chaotic Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #103
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama
It was confirmed by the devs v1.1 comes with some maps that got thru by mistake. The mapslist with v1.1 lists:

Are any maps released with v1.1 considered promotable by the devs? ie: ok to run and add to the rotation/vote? Sorry for having to ask.. I just haven't had time to play and go thru them all.

thx
ff_epicenter is done and can and should be played!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #104
trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
ff_waterpolo was sort of playable in 1.1, but kinda buggy. It's more complete with the quick fix I put out or with patch 1.11 whenever that comes out.

Visually, it's decent but not great...ff_waterpolo.bsp needs to be updated for 1.2. But with the quick fix shit I released yesterday or with version 1.11, waterpolo's definitely playable. SO PLAY IT, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #105
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

ff_epicenter should be totally playable. ff_palermo, too, though it still need some lighting work (and some detail work).
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #106
daghmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannibunny
HW and Pyro aren't as overpowered anymore, I can even play Pyro without feeling bad ^^
Yes let talk about the ALL MIGHTY HW. The class that has half the speed of all the other classes and loses 2/3rd of that speed when he fires. fatties cant dodge solies, pyros, medics. hell they cant dodge anything. the only advantage they have is there AC. which they pretty much gutted in 1.1
the AC has allmost a 2 sec spinup then 3 sec of fire before it overheats and then allmost 2 sec cool down. thats less than 50% fire rate and lets not mention the the HW is the most targeted player in the game and is allmost always dealing with 2-4 players at once. most players dont like playing HW because they cant deal with the Bullseye every fatty wears.
Thank you Developers. you made the HW pretty much a useless class.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #107
schtoofa
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daghmor
Yes let talk about the ALL MIGHTY HW. The class that has half the speed of all the other classes and loses 2/3rd of that speed when he fires. fatties cant dodge solies, pyros, medics. hell they cant dodge anything. the only advantage they have is there AC. which they pretty much gutted in 1.1
the AC has allmost a 2 sec spinup then 3 sec of fire before it overheats and then allmost 2 sec cool down. thats less than 50% fire rate and lets not mention the the HW is the most targeted player in the game and is allmost always dealing with 2-4 players at once. most players dont like playing HW because they cant deal with the Bullseye every fatty wears.
Thank you Developers. you made the HW pretty much a useless class.
we figured the HW would take a bit to get just right. overpowered in 1.0, arguably underpowered in 1.1. we'll find a happy medium and hopefully release patches frequently.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #108
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Some things to bear in mind:

1. We have pretty much no testers any more so it's very difficult to test for balance issues or anything but issues we know we have to test (hence why the conc grenade change accidentally happened -- we weren't looking for it and we don't have more than a handful of testers, so they didn't notice it either). Right now we have very little alternative to changing gameplay based on feedback and then just watching how the community responds to the patch.

2. HW will continue to be tweaked. You can keep the AC spinning to make it able to fire faster than normal and the minimum fire rate is much better than the old one (i.e. spinup is longer, but when you do start firing you're doing a higher base damage amount).

No need to thank us for making the HW useless.

1. He's not useless.
2. He was overpowered in the first place.
3. We will tweak it again in later patches.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #109
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
We have pretty much no testers any more so it's very difficult to test for balance issues or anything...
what happened to the testers?
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #110
daghmor

Why is a HW over powered?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
Some things to bear in mind:

HW will continue to be tweaked. You can keep the AC spinning to make it able to fire faster than normal and the minimum fire rate is much better than the old one (i.e. spinup is longer, but when you do start firing you're doing a higher base damage amount).

No need to thank us for making the HW useless.

1. He's not useless.
2. He was overpowered in the first place.
3. We will tweak it again in later patches.
See thats the part I dont understand. Everybody keeps saying that the HW is overpowered. but how is it over powered? its not because of speed. it does have more armor and yes the AC does alot of damage, But only on close targets. the farther the target the less the damage. a rocket launcher can fire 4 rockets in roughly 4 sec. if you talk to any decent Solie, 2-3 rockets
is all they need to kill a HW. and any sniper can kill a HW with 1 shot, 2 shots if he cant get a head shot. so i'm asking you as a developer, Why is a HW over powered???

Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #111
GOT KILLED???

Jeez guys give the devs a break, i know it took them a little while to get the patch out, and it wasn't what you expected, but hey look at CS 1.6 for example its been through so many betas, patches, and versions to just get it right, this game will work out it just needs more time and fixing and it takes a while because it isn't easy to make a mod, lets see u guys try and make one. Also, working with a low amount of people is pretty hard too.
GOT KILLED??? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #112
daghmor

well tell me how to do it and ill be a tester for them, No problem!!!!
I'd love to help them get the bugs worked out...

Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #113
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
what happened to the testers?
Some of us work weekends... then playtests are set for mid-day on Sundays...

Imagine that not working out.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #114
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
See thats the part I dont understand. Everybody keeps saying that the HW is overpowered. but how is it over powered? its not because of speed. it does have more armor and yes the AC does alot of damage, But only on close targets. the farther the target the less the damage. a rocket launcher can fire 4 rockets in roughly 4 sec. if you talk to any decent Solie, 2-3 rockets
is all they need to kill a HW. and any sniper can kill a HW with 1 shot, 2 shots if he cant get a head shot. so i'm asking you as a developer, Why is a HW over powered???
Most of the fatties I knew in TFC (clanners) could generally hold off an entire team at one choke point...YES sometimes you would get a cap out, but any team with a decent fatty always had an upperhand.

Take monkey for example...In a match yard D at the door was allowed. 10/10 would put a fatty there and generally 8/10 people would die at the door...the other two still had to face the rest of the team.

Now the fatty isn't quite the powerhouse he used to be, but does need some tweeks. Go read this thread and reply there!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #115
C.Bebop

I just realized I had v1.0-Full uploaded and forgot v1.1 full, so here are the three downloads as they should be, I am also going to correct my first post.

Fortress Forever Client v1.0
Fortress Forever Client v1.1
Fortress Forever 1.1 Patch

Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #116
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
About Epiccenter none of the bags give health or amor in spawn or near cap, duno if thats suposed to be like that, and if it is thats kinda well you know!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #117
daghmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
Most of the fatties I knew in TFC (clanners) could generally hold off an entire team at one choke point...YES sometimes you would get a cap out, but any team with a decent fatty always had an upperhand.

Take monkey for example...In a match yard D at the door was allowed. 10/10 would put a fatty there and generally 8/10 people would die at the door...the other two still had to face the rest of the team.

Now the fatty isn't quite the powerhouse he used to be, but does need some tweeks. Go read this thread and reply there!
Of course thats the advantage of fatties, there best in close courters, But you stick a fattie in an open yard where theres plenty of room to move around. and any decent solie will trash a fattie in a heartbeat. you take a map like "the well" where ive seen 2 solies lock down the yard in front of the enemy base where nobody could get out without dieing. every class has a best area to work in. HW's are best in choke points and close courters but suffer in most other places

Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #118
MASH

Quote:
Of course thats the advantage of fatties, there best in close courters, But you stick a fattie in an open yard where theres plenty of room to move around. and any decent solie will trash a fattie in a heartbeat. you take a map like "the well" where ive seen 2 solies lock down the yard in front of the enemy base where nobody could get out without dieing. every class has a best area to work in. HW's are best in choke points and close courters but suffer in most other places

seriously dude stop complaining, i know you are entitled to your opinion, but seriously...

firstly, most people (apart from newbs) dont play hwgay cos its rather skillless. secondly if u cant even hold down your RoF with out it overheating then stop whinging. thirdly, every class has its advantages, hwgay is NOT supposed to be good in the open due to its spread of fire pattern and its slow speed. just like a scout isnt exactly best in a hallway vs hwgay, but a scout in large open area is better at getting past a hwgay. THAT is part of the game, and as a hwgay you are sposed to wall hug or take back paths in maps or just stay inside. No shit he is a target when out in the open. Every character has its ups and downs and i think the new hwgay is perfect. stop complaining, and especially in this thread. Leave the devs alone and concentrate on more meanngful issues.

dont care if u wanna whinge bak, im sure most people agree with me, youve made ur point, ive made mine, talk about it in another thread, not this one.

GG
MASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #119
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH
seriously dude stop complaining, i know you are entitled to your opinion, but seriously...

firstly, most people (apart from newbs) dont play hwgay cos its rather skillless. secondly if u cant even hold down your RoF with out it overheating then stop whinging. thirdly, every class has its advantages, hwgay is NOT supposed to be good in the open due to its spread of fire pattern and its slow speed. just like a scout isnt exactly best in a hallway vs hwgay, but a scout in large open area is better at getting past a hwgay. THAT is part of the game, and as a hwgay you are sposed to wall hug or take back paths in maps or just stay inside. No shit he is a target when out in the open. Every character has its ups and downs and i think the new hwgay is perfect. stop complaining, and especially in this thread. Leave the devs alone and concentrate on more meanngful issues.

dont care if u wanna whinge bak, im sure most people agree with me, youve made ur point, ive made mine, talk about it in another thread, not this one.

GG
Well now i disagree im a Veteran at tfc playing since 99, and i do play HWfatZ not my fav class no, but he can be played skillfull in clan matches.
Also fun in Pub servers you can pwn noobs and vets alike, heck there are even hw guilds still from tfc around. But anyways i rather see more hw's then snipers i hate snipers ALOT!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #120
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo SkillZ
Well now i disagree im a Veteran at tfc playing since 99, and i do play HWfatZ not my fav class no, but he can be played skillfull in clan matches.
Also fun in Pub servers you can pwn noobs and vets alike, heck there are even hw guilds still from tfc around. But anyways i rather see more hw's then snipers i hate snipers ALOT!
True, at matchs in some positions like well`s water entrance or openfire`s one its perfect.
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote