Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #21
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
well chef im glad you came back to share how much you hate the community, dunno what we woulda done without you
__________________
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline  


Old 05-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #22
WiFiDi
Beta Tester
 
WiFiDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
well certainly graphics played a bit of a decision for me back in 07 or whenever i picked up the game. the source engine was the tits.

the game itself is pretty good, most of the fun maps are ones that weren't tfc ports. the community and game used to be better imo... now it just feels desperate and cheap. too many changes from the gool ol days of no hard or soft cap w/ speed leaves something to be desired.

like others have said, ff is tfc's natural progression. however, recently ive been playing way more tfc - simply because as Features stated the community here blows cocks. id rather suck farts and fecal matter out of a herpe invested tranny ass. they not only annoy me, but they scare off potential new players nearly instantly in my experience. the majority of this low-life egotistical whiney baby, drug-addicted, tfc-rejected community are suckin fucks who fuckin suck and i don't liek em.

i only wish i was trollin.

(SO MAD RIGHT NOW)
play pubs a much better enviorment while less organized, there are also less douchebags.

found out about FF while scouring the internet for free games and mods to play because i was bored.

the reason i started playing FF was because i found it fun. i played tf2 before that and co-currently for quite awhile then the mann co update happened and there was to many items not enough balance and well a bunch of other problems. in the mean time i just kept on playing FF.
__________________
WiFi's Stream
Support FF:
Failure is always an option.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 05-26-2013 at 06:54 AM.
WiFiDi is offline  


Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
the_cake
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
There are just as many douchebags in pubs. They're just less vocal/neurotic and little bit dumber.
the_cake is offline  


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
JuiceDD
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
re:

After playing TFC for so many years
This is what TF2 should have been. Having Mulchman 1 of the origional FF coders in my clan for many years, He toured us before its release, Didnt like the looks of it or the feel at first, So glad I tried it again, After the new coders tweaked it out a bit ...
JuiceDD is offline  


Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #25
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester
 
XPelargos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Class/Position: Scoooooot
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cake View Post
There are just as many douchebags in pubs. They're just less vocal/neurotic and little bit dumber.
Yes. This is true in life. It's nice when we're less vocal/neurotic/smart

isn't it?
XPelargos is offline  


Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #26
Sabbath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
It's funny that everything chef hates is everything chef has become.
Sabbath is offline  


Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #27
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons
 
VinnytheBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
funny how you pretty much described yourself in that post chef.

gg chap
VinnytheBoss is offline  


Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #28
Sabbath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
funny.
Sabbath is offline  


Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #29
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit
Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
rage much?!
__________________
!add
#FF.Pickup - Quakenet

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline  


Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 AM   #30
the_cake
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Business as usual I see. lol.
the_cake is offline  


Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #31
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester
 
XPelargos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Class/Position: Scoooooot
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cake View Post
Business as usual I see. lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnytheBoss View Post
funny how you pretty much described yourself in that post chef.

gg chap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath View Post
It's funny that everything chef hates is everything chef has become.
Have you noticed how this works in human interactions?

The people who are really really anti-gay are actually gay.
People who espouse the virtues of freedom want to take your freedom away.
The anarchists who want to smash the system are just as bad as the system they're trying to smash.
Those calling the community toxic are the most toxic in the community.

I dunno, just a strange musing I'm having.

gg chef.

Triple post?

EDIT: THREEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD %h %a

Last edited by GeoKill----->; 05-29-2013 at 10:54 PM.
XPelargos is offline  


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester
 
Lynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MI
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Okay since you're all so interested to know why the community blows, here it is.

Let's start with the admins of #ff.pickup on quakenet.
Not counting squeek, these are the people who think they're gods gift to gaming and feel its necessary to include their 2 cents and irc power in every conversation and every decision for FF and the pickup channel. theyre opinions count the most, and if the #ff.pickup channel uses the pickupbot to vote on a map or on teams, they will change as they see fit regardless of the communities desires. they think that without them the game would simply die off and be much worse off.. quite the contrary, which is why the pickup channel has 20-30 people in it. Let's take a look at the lineup!

@VinnyTheBoss - admitted cheater with multiple VAC bans to his name who took a picture of his cock and linked it to the gamesurge channel for his drug-induced pleasure. Yep, this guy wanted a channel full of males to look at his cock. This was right around the same time he was trying to be Jersey's first orange rapper while snorting 8balls over the mic on ventrilo with his best friends, his only friends, his online friends. The fact that he cheats and remains an admin says a ton about how much this community and the owner of #ff.pickup really care. Bridget and GenghisTron's hate toward me couldn't hold a candle for the amount of hate Vinny has towards me, and I really don't care. Vinny's a liar and probably has a slightly higher IQ than that of a sponge.

@MafiaMan - Former member of Boss. You'll see a trend if you keep reading. Please tell me what this guy actually does that's worthy of being an admin. If you want to be an admin, kiss any member of Boss's ass. You'll be admin in no time!

@Sabbath - Vinny's Master. Guilty by association, pretty much doesn't give a fuck about FF or anyone who plays it, except for Vinny because Vinny will do anything for Sabbath. He's got Vinny wrapped around his finger, and they should probably get married and just get it over with.

@NeoNL - This is the only good admin of the bunch, except for the fact he ignores nearly all negativity, which is just about everything. NeoNL tried at one time to be a good head admin but the faggotry and fighting between the admins became too much for him and he passed the torch to FDA or hadez, while at the same time took a long break(one of many) from FF. NeoNL occasionally plays FF these days but if I had to guess, he'd rather play Tribes or TF2 due to the tiny community FF has to offer. NeoNL has pretty much beat FF.

@FDA - Instead of being sticking to doing what he's good at, making AVI's, he smokes paul malls, creates c quality maps, disses SD's b quality maps, and nominates/votes for his own maps every single time he adds to a pickup. Shouldn't there be a rule against this? His AVI's are pretty good, I give him credit for that and he has one good move he can do on the map that gets played every 3rd pickup, ff_phantom. Apparently that's all ya gotta do to become admin. Did I mention he smokes Paul Malls. This guy's a 100% badass... online.

@hadeZtheChampio - A tfc reject/cheater who distributed hacks for FF at one point and was banned by squeek from #ff.pickup on GameSurge. He revolted and started his own pickup channel, where squeek gave in and let him back in to play... sound familiar? Not only was he allowed back in, he became an op. That being said, hadez is the best admin in terms of activity. He's played over 2000 pickups, almost as much as Vinny. Though he's a top player, after distributing hacks, being a known tfc cheater, and having a friend like Vinny, it almost makes you wonder if he still cheats. Either way, he doesn't see outside the box and probably never will.

@aleXtric - How he came into power falls back on FDA not wanting the responsibility of being head admin but wanting the @. aleXtric is fun to play with but couldn't give a fuck less if shit gets retarded. Instead of doing something about it - he'll just find something else to do. Even though aleXtric is the head admin of the pickup channel, it's hard to tell the difference when he run's shit or has the runs.

@squeek - FF's main developer, obviously deserving of his @, squeek does a good job at breaking and fixing FF at the same time. I couldn't do a better job so my hats off to him. When it comes to being an admin in FF though, he's nothing more than a game starter. His pickups are some of the best though because people actually respect him, unlike all the other admins, except NeoNL. squeek never whines or complains about things and always gives it an honest effort. I'm sure he has more answers as to why people don't play FF but I know for a fact a few TFC guys came over to give FF a try and squeek was witness as to why none of them stuck around. It certainly wasn't the gameplay.

+StiffMyWiff - Nope, this is why. He's the top reason players from other games don't stick around with the competitve side of FF. I'll leave it at that... if you don't know who this idiot is, I'll let you discover this little gem on your own. Caution - turn your volume down(or mute him like I do), pop an advil or 10, or save yourself a headache and find a different game to play.

+mooney - Another cheater, another admin. Remember how I said Moya was more annoying than anyone, I was wrong, way wrong. mooney takes the crown for that. Funny about never and fairly certain he doesn't use his microphone because he would literally cry into it if he didn't get his way. A born follower and a mute, he has a lot to offer FF and the pickup community.

+Crunk - He plays about once a month or so. Doesn't have RCON anywhere. Another top-notch admin.

+OJ - He had an @ until something happened.. Idk he was a good admin but apparently he banned one of Vinny or hadeZ friends so he lost his Ops.

+zexel - He plays on and off, gets tired of the same people and the same bullshit that just never seems to go away. Correct me if I'm wrong zexel, why do you only play once in a while these days? Another not very active admin with the power to start a pickup game. We rely on this guy to play pickups but he's barely around!

+spoon - Friend of everyone, spoon's a great addition to any administration. He never loses his temper. A great guy all around. +Respect

So there ya have it. My personal grudges on each of the admins. The small group of players that control if, when, where, and how pickup games are played. If they don't want to play, then noones playing. Don't like it? Tough shit.

As for the pub-scene of this game... it would really help if there was one. I've said it before and not about to beat a dead horse. Pubs in this game are fun for AVD. CTF on the other hand is only fun if there's some sort of structure of offense vs defense w/ class limitations, stat tracking, and team balancing. Don't think so? Prove me wrong.

And as for the dev's of the game, they do a fine job, are pretty sociable but there's a reason 99% of them retired from FF development. I also think its important to note that only one of the devs plays pickups on a fairly consisten basis. Hmmm I wonder why... maybe they'd like to say why.
User received an infraction for this post
__________________
hef
Lynus is offline  


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #33
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester
 
FDA_Approved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
pall malls*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pall_Mall_%28cigarette%29
__________________
Currently equipped: Rad Scarf of liberating happiness.
FDA_Approved is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #34
WiFiDi
Beta Tester
 
WiFiDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
while i agree with some of these lynus im going have to provide you with this...

__________________
WiFi's Stream
Support FF:
Failure is always an option.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 05-31-2013 at 04:42 PM.
WiFiDi is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #35
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, Mass
Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
I saw my name
NeonLight is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #36
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester
 
XPelargos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Class/Position: Scoooooot
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
I didn't see mine.
XPelargos is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester
 
KubeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
+spoon - Friend of everyone, spoon's a great addition to any administration. He never loses his temper. A great guy all around. +Respect
ROFL
__________________
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #38
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons
 
VinnytheBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
#mad
VinnytheBoss is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #39
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester
 
Lynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MI
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPelargos View Post
I didn't see mine.
Oh Sorry Largos

Largos
Drug addict who normally has nothing important to say or add to any conversation. He likes his drugs, almost as much as Vinny likes Sabbath. The fact is, Largos wasn't important enough to mention in my above post because quite frankly, I dont think he will be around much longer... a 1v1 w/ Largos vs Drugs, my money's on Drugs. GG Largos. Cya in hell

I also feel it's important to point out this hypocritical post made by Largos. I find it in ill taste and find it disturbing that on one hand Largos preaches against using drugs, and on the other he's all about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPelargos View Post
Heroin is an amazing medicine. If you're going through surgery recovery then opiates are a godsend.

They turn down the volume of the pain.

They are the warmest blanket on the coldest day.

Ecstasy and Cocaine aren't even in the same ballpark. You thought you felt good on those? They don't even compare to the waves of bliss heroin gives you. An orgasm looks like a sneeze compared to heroin.

The problem is that once you use heroin when you're sober (i.e. NOT as medicine) then all it does is MAKE THE NORMAL WORLD FEEL COLD.

And then you need that blanket again and again and again.

Stay away from heroin, guys. It's literally TOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD %h %a
So where does your pain come from Largos? Did you just have surgery? Do you have health problems? Yah I didnt think so. Next?
__________________
hef
Lynus is offline  


Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #40
WiFiDi
Beta Tester
 
WiFiDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
Oh Sorry Largos

Largos
Drug addict who normally has nothing important to say or add to any conversation. He likes his drugs, almost as much as Vinny likes Sabbath. The fact is, Largos wasn't important enough to mention in my above post because quite frankly, I dont think he will be around much longer... a 1v1 w/ Largos vs Drugs, my money's on Drugs. GG Largos. Cya in hell

I also feel it's important to point out this hypocritical post made by Largos. I find it in ill taste and find it disturbing that on one hand Largos preaches against using drugs, and on the other he's all about them.



So where does your pain come from Largos? Did you just have surgery? Do you have health problems? Yah I didnt think so. Next?
if he is hooked on drugs like you say wouldn't that make his statement that much more meaningful and perhaps powerful as he would know exactly what hes talking about as hes expirenced it.
__________________
WiFi's Stream
Support FF:
Failure is always an option.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 05-31-2013 at 11:48 PM.
WiFiDi is offline  


Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.