Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
o_sobe green

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Anti-War Protesters Fight Military Recruiters in Schools

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175673,00.html

What intelligent person decided this was a good idea?

I'm glad I live in the southern US because that shit would not fly here.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:20 PM   #2
o_shadow34721

some kid tried something that at my highschool a couple of years back. he basically started yelling at the recruiter, calling him names and insulting his family. me and some other guy went up to him and told him to shut the fuck up and respect the man regardless of what they think of the war... its not the soldier in control of the war and he doesnt need to be bombarded with senseless personal insults. there was alot more to it, but i really dont remember anymore. :/

Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Re: Anti-War Protesters Fight Military Recruiters in Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175673,00.html

What intelligent person decided this was a good idea?

I'm glad I live in the southern US because that shit would not fly here.
There is certainly a long list of great reasons to live in the south...you named one of them. Though, to be honest, the greater likelihood of some form of racial bigotry (or at least my perception of it) would be a negative for me.

Should we also have Fast Food restaurants come in and recruit alongside college recruiters...in the name of being fair?

Old 11-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651ett
hell no, then we'd just have more dumbass teens fucking up our orders at the drive through.
As opposed to?

Old 11-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
o_puppychow

i see nothing wrong with this. recruiters are very (or can be) manipulative.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
o_uber

Only to the less intelligent.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Which is why High Schools are the perfect place to go

Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
o_yomamashouse

I don't think the US needs any more military power right about now. If there was a crisis then it would be different but right now the US is not in any extreme danger. If there *was* a dire need for sldiers for whatever reason i would say jail the hippies because there is such a thing as justified fighting when innocent people are in danger.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Military is about preparedness. If you don't train the force now they simply will not be there when you really need them.

Edit: When I was in it took a couple of years easy before someone could be termed "effective" in what I did.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
o_shadow34721

well theyre usually there as a place where kids considering a future in the military can go and get information... or a free tshirt if they can do enough pushups sometimes. its not like theyre taking people at random from the crowd and trying to lure them into the armed services.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:56 PM   #11
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Why the fuck would you try and start a fight with a trained killer, exactly? He's just doing his goddamn job, cut him some slack, you little shit.

God dammit. People like that woman really piss me off.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #12
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
women actually do some funny shit about this recruiting stuff. my next door neighbor is a rather rotund 40 year old latino mother of 3. a recruiter came to her door trying to recruit her son...she chased his ass with a mop about a quarter mile off the street. she was fucking swearing and yelling at him, switching back and forth between english and spanish and i laughed so fucking hard for a week.
Maybe they should have recruited the scary Latino lady isntead lol.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #13
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
i see nothing wrong with this. recruiters are very (or can be) manipulative.
Its a rough thing to admit but there are some people out there who are destined for three things jail, prison, or death. A military career often changes that person completely. I know people and I have friends who would it not have been for the military I'd be suprised if they were alive right now.

Recruiters do tell you the good sides but none of them will ever tell you anything like "Join the Military or die!". Being in the Military is an insanely good deal. If it weren't for me not wanting to be so far from home I would have done it. You can join the military and have them pay for your school and they just flat out pay you for being in it. They'll also pay for your health insurance. To top it all off when your done serving you can have just about any job you want just because your application or resume says you served.

Call it propaganda or whatever you want but it is true. I'd say 95% of the people fighting in Iraq right now -want- to be there they are making more money than some of you make in two years.

The only thing that doesn't bother me so much about this is that if you are weak enough to be persuaded by some soccer mom hippies I wouldn't want you fighting for my country.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 AM   #14
o_puppychow

oh yeah, it's a fantastic deal. make lots of money (20 thousand dollars a year) fight for a great cause (the bungled iraq war), and be gone so long that your wife or girlfriend is getting noodled by the time time you eventually make it back home...if you are alive.

but stepping off my soapbox, they are very manipulative. thats their job. essentially slimy used car salesman. thats their job. they make so many promises it's retarded. remember they have quotas to fill. it's less about them and more about the system. don't fault the individuals per se.

back in 93 i had two choices - go to college or the millitary. saw recruiters for the air force and marines. the whole experience was such a slimy one that i was like no way. "join us son, you have a musclear frame, you will be captain in 2 years" shit like that.

i just think its right to have both sides of the story represented in high school.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 AM   #15
o_yomamashouse

My cousin is joining the military, The once thought to be only mythical Canadian Armed Forces. I think its good for him because he was getting in a lot of trouble before.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:15 AM   #16
o_general levy

apparently the future force warrior programme envisions liquid-solid ballistic protection suits at level 5 (effective against armor piercing rifle rounds) some time around 2020. MIT are doing the research atm with DARPA i think.

pwnage.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #17
o_yomamashouse

A couple of friends told me that the US had the perfect gun in the making. It is not gunpowder operated so it fires extremely quietly and accurately since the recoil is almost non existent. It can also fire a disguistingly huge amount of bullets. I will try to get the exact story some time.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #18
o_sobe green

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
back in 93 i had two choices - go to college or the millitary. saw recruiters for the air force and marines. the whole experience was such a slimy one that i was like no way. "join us son, you have a musclear frame, you will be captain in 2 years" shit like that.
lmao captain in 2 years?that guy was seriously bullshitting u, they need to stop bullshitting on such a level. the quickest ive ever seen anybody become a captain was the rangers in 6 years. and there are plenty of more people in the military who most likely have a more "muscular frame" than you that are.....well certainly not captain.

and about the future thing, they have these wierd looking guns that look like the barrel of a nikita missle launcher, the square with the 4 ports, it's somehow supposed to seek out the enemy. you guys have seen the ghost recon advanced war fighter trailers right? its like when your guys are highlighted in green, or a box around them or whatever, thats because of a chip in the suit, so id guess the bullet would only go for a life form without the chip. still some faults that need to be resolved, like civilians, surrendering bad guys, animals. no idea how they'll do it but it actually sounds a little stupid to me. and the gun im talking about is not the M8 btw.
Its simple we just hand out the "other suits" to our enemys before fighting. "Hey put these on so we know its ok to shoot you"

Old 11-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #19
o_shadow34721

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
A couple of friends told me that the US had the perfect gun in the making. It is not gunpowder operated so it fires extremely quietly and accurately since the recoil is almost non existent. It can also fire a disguistingly huge amount of bullets. I will try to get the exact story some time.
yeah the us has alot of secret weaponry like that. thats where we spend all our money lol
i personally like the electromagnetic railgun battleships or the UAV fleets.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:30 PM   #20
o_yomamashouse

Ya apparently the railgun can shoot unbelievably far as long as you give it the time to charge.

Closed Thread