Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #41
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
reaper18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Don't do it he'll steal your gold!
Nah, he has to worry about his own jew gold
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #42
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester
 
eomoyaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Statesville, NC
Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelenjava View Post
Whats with all the negativity churchmouth. Have you never hit 55+ frags on sd2 ramp or over 38 as medic on any map? i'm pretty sure i've seen people hit these scores offten in the EU pickup channel. You can expect at least one medic to hit over 30 in most pickups.

Look i've rarely recorded or taken screenshots in the past. However you are absoloutely right, i should prove that i have done these things i guess but i really didn't want to turn this into an ego thread that is not the point. I'll kick start it off with two screenshots i've just found in my folder.





Wow, how did I miss this?

First thing: in the 3v3, the only real threat you had was Cae. With that said, the other two were like taking a mallet to a pound of potatoes. Also 30k + is average for Schtop in a 3v3. 4v even.

Second thing: the second picture is pretty impressive, but reading over what I see, you had a few US I'm guessing, and some of the players in that group rarely pickup. Had they been pinned on the same team, I'd say that has a majority to do with your kills. Other then that, a majority of those kills were done by already damaged players. My point being it was just a lucky streak of a game.

I mean 47 is pretty impressive, but no one can be Hadez. NO one. Best Medic in the game hands down. His medic almost tied Cae's defense score in that first picture.. Ya, amazing/retarded/elite.

As for Church, that's Exo. Of course he's hit over 50. He's hit over 60 I believe at least ONCE in every pickup map. And a hell of a blocker. Broski's got game sir.

I think it's that Eu and US just don't know one another's skill levels all too well. Eu has some good players sure. But that's all I can say because I really don't know the Eu elitist player-base all that well yet. As for US though, there's some crazy ass things I've seen enough to inspire me to work harder at the game. That to me is Pro.

On a final note, the guild thing sounds like a good idea, but I don't see the point in a trial at this stage in the game. My thoughts on this is that if your going to make a guild, it would be one that would teach other's how to perform certain jumps to improve their overall game. If you give people trials and they don't do well, "sorry you fail, you can't join." Yes, just degrade their skill level a little bit and have them leave the game thinking "This would of been my chance to learn. I guess I won't have that opportunity to learn something about this game." You get me?
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #43
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
Wow, how did I miss this?

First thing: in the 3v3, the only real threat you had was Cae. With that said, the other two were like taking a mallet to a pound of potatoes. Also 30k + is average for Schtop in a 3v3. 4v even.

Second thing: the second picture is pretty impressive, but reading over what I see, you had a few US I'm guessing, and some of the players in that group rarely pickup. Had they been pinned on the same team, I'd say that has a majority to do with your kills. Other then that, a majority of those kills were done by already damaged players. My point being it was just a lucky streak of a game.

I mean 47 is pretty impressive, but no one can be Hadez. NO one. Best Medic in the game hands down. His medic almost tied Cae's defense score in that first picture.. Ya, amazing/retarded/elite.

As for Church, that's Exo. Of course he's hit over 50. He's hit over 60 I believe at least ONCE in every pickup map. And a hell of a blocker. Broski's got game sir.

I think it's that Eu and US just don't know one another's skill levels all too well. Eu has some good players sure. But that's all I can say because I really don't know the Eu elitist player-base all that well yet. As for US though, there's some crazy ass things I've seen enough to inspire me to work harder at the game. That to me is Pro.

On a final note, the guild thing sounds like a good idea, but I don't see the point in a trial at this stage in the game. My thoughts on this is that if your going to make a guild, it would be one that would teach other's how to perform certain jumps to improve their overall game. If you give people trials and they don't do well, "sorry you fail, you can't join." Yes, just degrade their skill level a little bit and have them leave the game thinking "This would of been my chance to learn. I guess I won't have that opportunity to learn something about this game." You get me?
Why are you discussing 2 meaningless screenshots? Those players you are discussing are the standard FF.pickup regulars none of which you are in any position to criticize. Both of those screens are from a 4v4 game not a 3v3. As i said before, i based the challenges around what i achieve in the top 10% of my games (something like that). I didn't say i hit them every time, however if you believe that i've only hit 38+ on two occasions then evidently you are wrong since i recorded and uploaded a demo of this challenge the next day. I'll take your comment on hitting over 30 frags being an average score to mean you are in agreeance with 38+ it being an achievable target? (perhaps you just don't agree that euro players can achieve it).

I don't know what to say to the other bit. More wild assumptions based on nothing. I of course know who those players are and i have played against them on different occasions. I think having played against goodfellas, having played in the EU vs USA game and having played with and against these players in pickups and whatever clans they played for/helped out in the past has enabled me to have some idea about who they are and what they are capable of achieving. Thanks for the lecture though! They are good players, i'm not sure what you are trying to get at? is this another USA vs EU post? Please take it elsewhere.

This is also not a thread about comparing players, you can't possibly judge any player against another because we all venture in and out of activity. I myself hadn't played for 5 months before returning in febuary/march.
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #44
pF
no war but class war
Fortress Forever Staff
 
pF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: big bad berlin
Class/Position: Soldier / Scout
Gametype: ctf
Affiliations: [w~k!]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
i'd fail spectacularly at any of those requirements
__________________
Support FF:

Gay And Lesbian Fiction | Teen Books | Bath Products
pF is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester
 
eomoyaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Statesville, NC
Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pF View Post
i'd fail spectacularly at any of those requirements
As do I o-O! Most of the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zelenjava View Post
Why are you discussing 2 meaningless screenshots? Those players you are discussing are the standard FF.pickup regulars none of which you are in any position to criticize. Both of those screens are from a 4v4 game not a 3v3. As i said before, i based the challenges around what i achieve in the top 10% of my games (something like that). I didn't say i hit them every time, however if you believe that i've only hit 38+ on two occasions then evidently you are wrong since i recorded and uploaded a demo of this challenge the next day. I'll take your comment on hitting over 30 frags being an average score to mean you are in agreeance with 38+ it being an achievable target? (perhaps you just don't agree that euro players can achieve it).

I don't know what to say to the other bit. More wild assumptions based on nothing. I of course know who those players are and i have played against them on different occasions. I think having played against goodfellas, having played in the EU vs USA game and having played with and against these players in pickups and whatever clans they played for/helped out in the past has enabled me to have some idea about who they are and what they are capable of achieving. Thanks for the lecture though! They are good players, i'm not sure what you are trying to get at? is this another USA vs EU post? Please take it elsewhere.

This is also not a thread about comparing players, you can't possibly judge any player against another because we all venture in and out of activity. I myself hadn't played for 5 months before returning in febuary/march.
I would of thought that the last paragraph would of been a little more important, that you'd discuss that instead what I said before that. Also, if those screenshots were meaningless, then why did you post them? To prove something right? I don't know about Eu vs US, but I did feel the need to back up the US community because you were practically tossing out a comeback.

You might of played Goodfellas in matches in the past, but it takes more then that sometimes to understand the capabilities of everything top-elitists' can do. I'm certain people hit 30's all the time as Medics in US, myself included on a good day. But to call someone out about if they've ever hit that much or not... -- I just wanted to let you know that anyone of Church's caliber does that in 90% of his games. Thats like asking if one of the top 10 snipers in the world have ever acquired a headshot...

My reason for posting what I did about player skill is because of the following comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelenjava View Post
Have you never hit 55+ frags on sd2 ramp or over 38 as medic on any map? i'm pretty sure i've seen people hit these scores offten in the EU pickup channel.


Next:

Quote:
Also 30k + is average for Schtop in a 3v3. 4v even.
For what you stated above. (that I put in bold.)

And my argument on that is scores like the ones you put up are easy when your competition isn't on the same page with his team (either less skilled or large latency difference/issues.)

But honestly, I know you got a lot of good game Zelen. I 'm not trying to bash you. I think I've done enough playing with you to know your worth. But really, do get back to me on my reply about the actual guild thing and my opinion.

Quote:
On a final note, the guild thing sounds like a good idea, but I don't see the point in a trial at this stage in the game. My thoughts on this is that if your going to make a guild, it would be one that would teach other's how to perform certain jumps to improve their overall game. If you give people trials and they don't do well, "sorry you fail, you can't join." Yes, just degrade their skill level a little bit and have them leave the game thinking "This would of been my chance to learn. I guess I won't have that opportunity to learn something about this game." You get me?
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #46
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
no i know exo, my comment was ironic with regards to scores. Of course he has achieved them. As for the last paragraph, i'm not a tutor in how to play games, why would i be showing anybody anything related to that? you learn by playing. It's not about degrading anybodies skill level, the entire point of a game is to beat the challenge it provides. A concept which seems to have been lost in modern games because they have evolved into eye candy console n00bfests. I will not support the n00bification of games or easy trials, whats the point in a 10000 man guild? I'd rather have 1 member than many if that member has actually done something to earn it rather than simply joining without challenge. By the time a player has managed to beat the trail then he will have learned all that i could show him anyway.
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #47
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
i like this moya guy
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #48
ju-
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Standards are too easy.

When you set something more challenging I will show some interest.
ju- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #49
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ricey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Park, FL
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju- View Post
Standards are too easy.

When you set something more challenging I will show some interest.
conc totoro_b7
__________________
Support FF:
Maps : Haste |Scrummage |Mulch_Trench
Voltage | Exchange Classic | Fortsake
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership


'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #50
Nightmare
Rocking all nightmare long
 
Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Class/Position: Demo/Solly
Gametype: Capture the Flag - AvsD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
damn zel... almost tempting me to come back for some ass-wooping and pipejumping =P
__________________
There's no I in team... there's a ME though, if you jumble it up
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #51
tml
make it rain
 
tml's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Bay
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Good to see the EU vs US battle is still going strong
tml is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #52
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester
 
Trailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Carolina
Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
lmao, these poor mods are going to have a lot of cleaning up to do now D= Thanks pletcheryhl.
__________________
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #53
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Crazycarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Luckily there's an option to permaban a user and delete all their posts in one swoop.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #54
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester
 
Trailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Carolina
Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Lol, didn't know that Carl. Good thing, because if not, someone would have beenmadbro
__________________
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #55
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester
 
Trailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Carolina
Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Back on topic, I think if anyone has the "want" to learn and can shut up and take instruction, they should be allowed to be trained. I would love an actual guild. I consider myself "pretty" good at this game, but I fail at classes aside from scout, demo, and engy.

When I play a class I'm not good at in a pickup or a pub this is what I get. "Well we might have won if Trailer wasn't such a useless HW." However, not one time during the whole game did the same person tell me what I was doing wrong. There's more to playing defence than "being accurate".

So if you are seriously considering creating this guild, I would help with it. I have a lot to learn, but I have a lot to teach also. I always try to show new players tips and tricks of the game, I love doing it because you're like a god to them lol.

I can't stand seeing people bitch that the game is dead, but they are the same people who completely slam the new players. <3 Irony.

__________________________________________________ ______

Edit : My dumbass replied before thoroughly reading all pages in this thread. Must beat concmap_exist LOL. So what, your guild will have like less than 5 members?

I'll start a new thread, because I would be serious about starting a complete "training" guild. Nothing more than teaching players tricks on maps and tips on their classes. More info in another thread.
__________________
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Last edited by Trailer; 05-31-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: My dumbass didn't read the whole thread first
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 06-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #56
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ricey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Park, FL
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer View Post
Back on topic, I think if anyone has the "want" to learn and can shut up and take instruction, they should be allowed to be trained. I would love an actual guild. I consider myself "pretty" good at this game, but I fail at classes aside from scout, demo, and engy.

When I play a class I'm not good at in a pickup or a pub this is what I get. "Well we might have won if Trailer wasn't such a useless HW." However, not one time during the whole game did the same person tell me what I was doing wrong. There's more to playing defence than "being accurate".

So if you are seriously considering creating this guild, I would help with it. I have a lot to learn, but I have a lot to teach also. I always try to show new players tips and tricks of the game, I love doing it because you're like a god to them lol.

I can't stand seeing people bitch that the game is dead, but they are the same people who completely slam the new players. <3 Irony.

__________________________________________________ ______

Edit : My dumbass replied before thoroughly reading all pages in this thread. Must beat concmap_exist LOL. So what, your guild will have like less than 5 members?

I'll start a new thread, because I would be serious about starting a complete "training" guild. Nothing more than teaching players tricks on maps and tips on their classes. More info in another thread.
Must also beat totoro as a medic.
__________________
Support FF:
Maps : Haste |Scrummage |Mulch_Trench
Voltage | Exchange Classic | Fortsake
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership


'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
TonyCip
shloomp
Beta Tester
 
TonyCip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UHEUHEUHUEH
Class/Position: hhehehheh
Gametype: uAEHUAHEHUHUA
Affiliations: [S&N] [2D2C] +M|M+ ^vi
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Must also beat totoro as a medic.
__________________
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13673&dateline=124060  8118
TonyCip is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.