Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
expyre-

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
UGC Writeup - lol

I want to start off by saying this thread is not intended to be a flame. I'm only going to post gator's 'writeup' and respond to a few things.

I would like to say that I do appreciate Gator's detail in his writeups - they're very... detailed? OK - here goes:

Quote:
I want to start this write up by saying that I am truly disappointed in my clan.

We had two practices prior to the match, with the starting lineup of Gator, Vinnytheboss, Exoskeletal, Hoopajoo, and Cynical. However, Vinnytheboss nor Cynical decided to not show up for whatever reason (shame on you guys, seriously, this is Gator speaking, shame on you guys).

At some point I thought we were going to have to forfeit or play short, but fortunately trent and kuwaii decided to show up (our backup rostered players). Trent downloaded the map 5 minutes before the match and went crazy with the techno extreme theme of 2fort. Kuwaii didn't practice with us so we quickly told him were to play. Since Vinny wasn't around to play with me on offense...I had to call in hoopajoo (who was going to play soldier in defense...). He states that he didn't perform very well...it is understandable, you didn't practice for the event.

One of the Orbital guys claimed that they tried to contact me @ 9:00 EST...however, that is not true. I did not receive any pms from any leaders, in fact, I had to reach him via steam friends so he can finally give us the information for round 1. He finally decided to give me all the info and I sent my guys in. I told them to restart one and called upon mp_prematch 5 while we waited for exoskeletal. He comes in and we go live.

Round 1 lineup:
Gator [O], Hoop [O], Exo [D], Kuwaii [D], Trent [D]

The round started off by us getting a semi-quick cap rush as planned. Apparently their engineer dropped and they cried us a river before starting round 2 as to why we didn't allow them to restart (considering they restarted for us twice). They never requested such thing or else I'd have approved it; you gotta speak up! Their server was 33 tick rate, in Africa, and overall unplayable. The offense experienced a 1 second delay on both nades and concs, oh it wasn't fun at all...

Clans should really really considering hosting quality gaming servers, not only so its actually playable but to also promote the game and not discourage players from thinking the game lags and sucks.

Round 1 ended up with 10 caps...and we decided to give them 2 as a gift.

===== We took a short, and I mean short break, though Orbital once again cried, called us hackers, and talked shit to us although we didn't do anything to them. Oh well :*( =====

Round 1 lineup:
Gator [O], Hoop [O/D "lol"], Exo [D], Kuwaii [D], Trent [D]

So hoop bitched that I stole his nade bag as scout on the first rush, I'm here to inform you that I am very very sorry my dear old friend. We manage to dm them...although it didn't help since they pretty much cock blocked the spiral and elevator (hey...that's what a soldier is suppose to do anyways, not like you can miss rockets like that =D). Their SG was moved to a slightly better position, giving us a hard time. Our defense was pretty tired and unprepared for the match since we made adjustments due to the poor quality of attendance in the goodfellas. Hoop was frustrated on offense so I simply told him to go defense. Hoopajoo said a remarked about how the defense is just letting them cap way too many...making exo leave the server like a teddy bear without his child. Indeed, they were unable to cap...and we played 4v5 for about 10 minutes of the round.

I am surprised...I managed to get 3 caps as a scout by myself on 3 guys....(nothing worked for them, soldiers, engineer, demo, 2 demos, nada...simply allowing me to continue capping).

Round 2 ended up with 9 caps...and we decided to give them 4 as a gift.

Obviously this match would have been close to a shutout (I predicted around 32 - 2) if we were to have our starting lineup that we practice with. Hopefully the goodfellas stop disappointing Gator and actually show up and play the fugling game .

Overall we ended up 19-6...beating them by exactly 13 caps. Not bad for a rush strategy/adjustments.
Now - lol - Some of the things gator said were slightly.. inaccurate. Gator is a pretty one-sided person. He doesn't tell the whole truth - only his side. It probably stems back from his old TFC days when he was the 'god' of 2v2's... lol. Firstly, Gator stated "One of the Orbital guys claimed that they tried to contact me @ 9:00 EST...however, that is not true". This is simply false. I was in his chan (not right at 9, but 9:05pm) but did not pm him. I pm'd hoop as well as highlighted Gator in the main IRC chan. Was gator in our chan, no. He ended up pming me on Steam.The first round was started twenty minutes late, plus THREE restarts AND an extention of PM. As the second round began I asked him to get it moving because I had somewhere to be and, with the way his restarts were going, I was going to be late.

At any rate - Round one starts and, pretty much, RIGHT as the round starts our engy times out. My team did not utter ONE word about it as we were going to play through it and do our best. It happens.

They pretty much tear the two soldiers apart - it wasn't pretty. Round 1 was pretty bad because it's difficult to get set when you start a man down and you always feel like you're playing catch up.

As for our server, located in Chicago, Africa, is not bad. I've seen 100 players like gator who complain if servers aren't exactly the same as theirs. I have never heard a single complaint from anyone else about it - just one way for him to compain about.. god knows what. I think it makes him feel better inside.

R1 - ouch. Disorgainzed they killed us.

Round 2 was on their server. We waited about ten minutes before going in and I asked him to please start asap as I had somewhere to be (it was already 10:0 at 11. Gator started quoting rules to me - that they're allowed a break, etc etc etc. I asked him to please get the show on the road out of respect for the team he just killed. He then began to quote rules again. Gator - I never accused you of hacking. I simply stated "Like the #1 rule - no hacking?" - referring, of course, to his TFC days...(in a voice of innocence) because no one in the fellas hacks now...(/voice of innocence)

Round two finally starts at like 10:12ish. We switch up one of our O and one of our D. For most of the match we hung with them. 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 until one of their guys dropped. They switched hoop back to D and had gator run scout on our d, alone. We left the SG in the fr and had our engy swing. At first - tr and I stayed soldier. Gator did get some touches... then I went demo. I am, quite possibly, the WORST demo in the history of tfc/ff. Why would I play it, you ask? We, clearly, were going to lose and I wanted to mess around a bit. I det gator a few times, tk tr a few times - gator jukes me - caps. Next thing I know, TR goes demo - so we have 2 demo and a SG out of ammo. Gator: You're a decent player. You're not god. If we really wanted to hold you, we would have. Capping 1v3 (or 2 - however you look at it) was so easy because TR and I were screwing around. For example: did you see the TK icons for the detpacks? I got him once or twice and he got eternal and I once or twice... We honestly wanted to see you make a fool of yourself in the write up claiming to be some sort of ff god, lol.

Had we decided to play seriously - r2 would have been 4-4 or maybe 4-5. Instead, we opt for fun and lose 9-4.

At any rate - I'm not crying. Gator's writeups are always one sided because he's amazing. I guess it sort of made me laugh.

illo out