Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Very sad.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
such a fun person to play with. RIP

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
oaties

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
I saw that an wanted to post it in the #ff.pickup subforum, didn't even see this thread.

I'll still remember the good times of playing TFC/FF... The O demo and O spy.

RIP
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times
My thoughts go out to him and his family. RIP.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
R.I.P
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Some say he was a troller I kinda agree, but it was just a facade after you got to know him better he was a really nice dude and always funney :] Always on a good mood and always joking around.

<3 Redneck
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Didn't know him that well, only met him once or twice in pickup channel. RIP Redneck.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
redneck was an awesome guy. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
been playing all sorts of games with RN for about 6 years now. R.I.P. redneck, good friend and teammate
hadez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
rodox
dunkaroos

Class/Position: Railgun
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Send a message via AIM to rodox
RN
rodox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #12
BOSTWIX

Affiliations: DBD, Orbital, e0, .end, DP, COBs
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to BOSTWIX
GG brother. I know you will be missed in many communities.
BOSTWIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #13
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times

:S
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
best tfc video ever lol

Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
Redneck's brother gave some details on thecats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatacombs
Thanks for sending me your email. Things are still a bit fuzzy on total details but what we know is that a man named Gerald Gibbs left a bar about a 3 miles away from our family farm and proceeded to drive at a high rate of speed, anywhere from 60mph on up till 90mph on a 45 mph country road. We have heard of witnesses that saw him run a 2 way stop before crashing into my brother at the next 4 way stop. My brother had just left home when it happened. He was stopped and was either turning left or going straight when the other driver came over a small hill in the road and collided into the back of Andrew's car. Andrew was killed instantly. It's hard to still talk about and the anger is still heavy as well as the grief. He hadn't done anything wrong and probably never even saw it coming. We laid him to rest in the cemetery that many of the Beach family members lie. There is a horrible finality of it all, he was killed less than a mile from home and buried less than a mile from where he was killed.

We don't know an awful lot about the man who crashed in to him, just that he is around 58 years old and was able to be checked out of the hospital the very next day. My family is investigating civil charges as well as staying in contact with the highway patrolman that is conducting the crash investigation. We're hoping that due to the speed and witnesses seeing him at the bar, that Gibbs will get the maximum punishment for the negligence that night.

I know that Andrew had played games for a long time with many people from Team Fortress and he always loved playing those games. I know that, those experiences were something that were always special to him. He was 24 in case you or anyone else didn't know. I'm his only and younger brother by about two and a half years.

Thanks,

Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatacombs
Hello everyone,

I'm Alex, Andrew's younger brother, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I've joined the forums so that I can keep everyone posted in the coming weeks about the situation and the legal process. I wanted to personally thank everyone for all of the condolences that have been given in this thread. I know that if Andrew could see them, even he would find it moving. My brother was a very intelligent young man with a lot of things going for him. He was going to be starting pharmacy school soon and really moving forward with his life and career. He had a very good last few days, in which he spent a lot of time with our family and I think he was in a very good place when he left that night. I loved and respected my brother dearly and in growing up with him, I knew how much playing pick up games online meant to him. He was a competitive spirit and at times had a rough side, but I knew him to be a good guy. I hope that he will live on in the memories of those who enjoyed playing games with him on a regular basis. I know that this is a relatively small community, and that his loss has been sad for everyone. I just want everyone to know that on many nights in my memory, I would go to bed and look in on him at the computer playing team fortress and laughing as he read something humorous in the in game chat. MIRC and the catacombs were constantly on the computer screen.

Thanks for all of his memories everyone,

Alex Beach
RIP Andrew

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc

Last edited by aleXtric; 07-31-2012 at 05:23 AM.
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #16
Peppas

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
From one redneck to another. Gonna miss playing with you dude. Such a shame that people lose their life over something that can be easily avoided. Hope justice comes quick for him and his family.
Peppas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
More info has been released :/

Quote:
The driver who crashed into and killed Andrew Beach aka “Redneck” got away with a DUI, His family are trying to bring justice and a conviction. In the late afternoon of Friday July 20, 2012 at approximately 8:10 P.M. Andrew departed our home at 3136 Ready Section Road in Toney in his 2005 Acura. I watched as he waited in our driveway for traffic to pass and proceeded away slowly west on Ready Section Road. At approximately the same time 58 year old Gerald Gibbs and three companions departed the Just One More Bar near the corner of Pulaski Pike and Ready Section Road, less that one and one half miles from our residence. By witness accounts Gibbs and his companions had been at the bar for approximately two hours. For undetermined reasons Gibbs drove his 425 horsepower 2008 Dodge Challenger SR8 at top speed west on Ready Section Road. Witness testimony and vehicle electronic data verify that Gibb’s operated his vehicle at maximum speed which is in excess of 150 mph. Eye witnesses testify that he slid through a stop sign at Old Railroad Bed Road then accelerated away at top speed. On his route west he passed a vehicle at horrendous speed and forced an eastbound vehicle off the road. Andrew had proceeded four tenths of a mile from our residence to the four way stop at Ready Section Road and Wall Triana Highway. There he awaited for a south bound vehicle to pass through the intersection. Gibbs catastrophically slammed into the rear end of Andrew’s Acura at high speed killing him instantly. Since the crash we have learned that the drivers compartment of Andrew’s Acura was crushed which necessitated removal of the door and steering column to extricate his body. Electronic data from the Acura indicates that it instantly accelerated above the speed limit from the force of the catastrophic impact. The car with Andrew’s then crushed and lifeless body came to a stop over 100 feet west facing back east. Gibb’s Challenger which was also totaled in the crash slid to the opposite side of the road approximately 125 feet from the initial impact. The four way stop at Ready Section Road and Wall Triana Highway lies approximately 1.9 miles from the Just One More Bar, one mile from the crossing at Old Railroad Bed Road and only four tenths of a mile from our residence. Gibb’s could easily see Andrew’s brake lights and approaching head lights for fully three quarters of a mile down a low grade on Ready Section Road as he proceeded west. Gibb’s residence is barely one mile further west of Wall Triana Highway and he is completely familiar with the road and the four way stop at the intersection. Gibbs operated his vehicle at a completely uncontrollable speed without any regard to the people’s lives that were traveling on the roads or the passengers in his car. In all probability someone or several people were going to be killed as a result of Gibb’s conduct that early Friday evening and Andrew was killed as his innocent victim. Operating his vehicle in an out of control manner, over three times the legal speed limit, was a completely depraved and wanton act without any regard to other human life. It was not a traffic accident. It was murder by letter of the law in the State of Alabama regardless of what alcohol or drug levels can be determined to have been in Gibb’s system at the time of the accident. Section 13A-6-2 – Murder. 2. Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life, he or she recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to a person other than himself or herself, and thereby causes the death of another person. As citizens and Andrew’s parents we believe it is proper to expect that the state will enforce the law to protect our families against such outrageous criminal behavior and to competently prosecute the case to the full extent of the law. Today nearly five months since murdering Andrew through his actions Gerald Gibbs continues to go without being charged with any crime other than a simple DUI at the scene while Andrew lies buried at Shady Grove Cemetery. His mother Holly, brother Alex and I were all given instant life sentences. We want to appeal for your advocacy for effective prosecution of this case on behalf Andrew and all the other citizens who are required to be on roads roads daily with the expectation that they or their children can leave home and return safely to their families.
Sorry about the formatting, that's how it came

Last edited by NeonLight; 03-12-2013 at 06:29 PM.
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
That is absolutely horrendous . What does DUI enforce? I presume a driving ban (permanent) but that ought to get imprisonment at least and for appropriate time...
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
Uk you can get a driving ban just for doing 100mph on a motorway...
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
The only thing that comes to mind is license suspension, I'm sure there is some higher penalties but that is really the most common.
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote