Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #21
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah. Though it's kinda hard to even aim with a controller

Unless they use Metroid Prime-level auto aim, I can't see that they'll have PCs and consoles on the same server But, it would be pretty cool to setup your console as a PC server!
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #22
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
Yeah. Though it's kinda hard to even aim with a controller

Unless they use Metroid Prime-level auto aim, I can't see that they'll have PCs and consoles on the same server But, it would be pretty cool to setup your console as a PC server!
I can show you now how to do that with your old Xbox ;D
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #23
o_happy time harry

^ Oh do tell! =P
o_happy time harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #24
o_amazingnurseenrique

Interesting, I'm exicted about some of their plans. Valve does have a smart high-end team, and remember these are the original people who made TFC. They know what they made originally was well as anyone, I'd wager.

Many gamers see change as bad (and if definately can be -- look at BF2), but I think changes, when warrented, are a way to move a stale idea forward and crate something new. As a medic purest in TFC, I'm glad to see them go a different direction there. Clan level play showed the class imbalances present in TFC, and anyone making a new TF game has an obligation to address those.

As long as the gameplay is the same, the particulars can change -- good players will adapt and overcome, while others will just get left behind and continue playing current TF games.
o_amazingnurseenrique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #25
o_happy time harry

I'm a solider type of guy anyways =D
o_happy time harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #26
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy time harry
^ Oh do tell! =P
It involves you nto caring about playin games on the Xbox again cause you will be opening it up, soldering 2 points on the mobo to un write protect the bios so you can flash it. Then it requires a specific game (well there are like 3-4 now)

One of those few games is known to be bugged and will load anything under its name on the memory card, so when it tries loading the special linux boot software it crashes and then executes that code.

From that little text based gui you reflash the bios.

Now you DL one of the linux distros for xbox and put it in, the new bios will boot up the system and load the CD, and then install linux.

Then just run a Steam server like normal. ive done it

Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #27
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNurseEnrique
Interesting, I'm exicted about some of their plans. Valve does have a smart high-end team, and remember these are the original people who made TFC. They know what they made originally was well as anyone, I'd wager.

Many gamers see change as bad (and if definately can be -- look at BF2), but I think changes, when warrented, are a way to move a stale idea forward and crate something new. As a medic purest in TFC, I'm glad to see them go a different direction there. Clan level play showed the class imbalances present in TFC, and anyone making a new TF game has an obligation to address those.

As long as the gameplay is the same, the particulars can change -- good players will adapt and overcome, while others will just get left behind and continue playing current TF games.
Dont forget?
Dont forget they also made Richoet and Death match Classic (which i acually kinda liked, but it did tank)

Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #28
o_groovis

Medic plague grens... Ah, Deadlode. We've so much to learn from ya...

Like regen packs and scouts with jet packs...
o_groovis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #29
o_soulcutter

I guess it's possible that they'd remove conc jumping, but why would they remove conc jumping and keep in rocket jumping? Unless medic gets some other form of movement I think that'd be a pretty big game imbalance.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 PM   #30
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Dont forget?
Dont forget they also made Richoet and Death match Classic (which i acually kinda liked, but it did tank)
Ricochet was independent at first, wasn't it? And DMC is just Q1 Deathmatch ported to HL. Nothing nearly as involved as TFC was, or as TF2 is/will be.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #31
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Ricochet was independent at first, wasn't it? And DMC is just Q1 Deathmatch ported to HL. Nothing nearly as involved as TFC was, or as TF2 is/will be.
True, TFC was first released as a HL patch, Even CS was independent at first.

Wonder what it was that made them wanna almost sponsor the other 2 though, their sucked monster nuts compared to many other mods, why not try to take on those instead.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 AM   #32
o_beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNurseEnrique
Don't forget just because you created something good early on in your career doesn't mean that everything else you touch will turn to gold.

o_beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #33
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
haha, great analogy.

seriously, if the xbox fanboys get autoaim in multiplayer, i'm throwing a pissy fit. imagine snipers?!

Old 08-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #34
o_sabre

He said you could see some of the medics new features in the demo or video i hope this isn't referring to the big syringe, like a revive ala enemy territory.
o_sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #35
o_loader

I kind of agree with Zarkas.

TF2 has got the attention of EVERYONE nearly.. And so it will appeal to new players and old players alike.

Where as FF will appeal to oldschool veterans of both TFC and other Fortress games.

As a result TF2 will, in my opinion, have a very large community. But will be fairly immature in some areas (CSS).

and FF will have a smaller community. But will be more mature.
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #36
o_yazmo

you guys never maybe valve his spying this forum to get idea

maybe they just report the game because they have come here and see what are the opinion about TF2 maybe they wana put back some stuff because they know they are going to lost a lot of tfc veteran player if this and that are not in the game anymore

maybe that the reason why they report it
honestly TF2 without conc would be just dumb
o_yazmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #37
o_etzell

In that case: HAY VAVLE GUYES! MAEK TFC2 EZ 2 H4X!
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #38
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazmo
maybe they just report the game because they have come here and see what are the opinion about TF2 maybe they wana put back some stuff because they know they are going to lost a lot of tfc veteran player if this and that are not in the game anymore

maybe that the reason why they report it
honestly TF2 without conc would be just dumb
How would it effect people who never got use to concs from TFC ;P it wouldnt, it only pisses the vets off and that is prob a minority atm

Old 08-30-2006, 04:29 AM   #39
o_nezumi

TF without concs would be dumb. I'm not saying all games have to have concs but if I wanted to play a game without them I wouldn't play TF, and vice versa.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #40
o_thedarkone

I don't see what the huge fuss is. Some of you guys are taking his comment about medic is being changed the most and spinning to look like he meant in was the only class to be changed.

Yes, the make might suck if the medic was nerfed and everything else was kept the same. But if scouts, pyros or spies were tweaked to help their offensive abilities, would it be bad if the medic was rejiggered into actually being a medic, focused on being a support-class ?
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote