Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
o_ihmhi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Dispenser in TFC and FF

I fail to understand how the dispenser works in TFC.

I know that it apparantly holds, per the console description, "Cells, Armor, Rockets, and Shells (I think Shells)". How the rockets, cells, and shells get put in is obvious, but I do not understand how armor is put into the dispenser. They are not taken from your current armor or stock of cells or other ammunition, so I am guessing that the Engineer has a hidden extra cache of extra "armor".

Also, putting "armor" in the dispenser does not always work for me for some reason; sometimes after loading up on ammunition I have to toss a bag to be able to fill the dispenser with armor. Anyone have any idea how this works and why this happens?

But on to the main point. Will the dispenser in TFC carry all types of ammo (I mean, apparantly the dispenser message in console neglects to mention the, er, type of ammo used for railgun bullets), and how will the "armor" of the dispenser will be handled? Will it still draw from some invisible reserve the Engineer has? Thanks bunches mates.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
o_-=shadowfox=-

When you first build the dispenser it takes like 40 of your armor...I imagine it just builds up from that.
o_-=shadowfox=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
o_nuggs

most people dont realize that the dispenser in TFC will generate its own ammo. You can build a disp and not touch it again for 5 minutes and come back to a dispenser will full ammo. Its one of the most underused major engineer features in TFC

will the disp in FF still generate its own ammo?
o_nuggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
o_loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggs
most people dont realize that the dispenser in TFC will generate its own ammo. You can build a disp and not touch it again for 5 minutes and come back to a dispenser will full ammo. Its one of the most underused major engineer features in TFC

will the disp in FF still generate its own ammo?
Not underused at all in clan matches :S
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 AM   #5
o_fjorn

yeah, I much prefer not having to use my disp as a remote bomb, its far mroe useful for its intended purpose

(and I think it sucks how leagues like STA view it as defensive only... when its perfectly capable of being on offensive resupply station)
o_fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #6
o_meisteh

yeah if you're a med and hurt you can hide for 5min waiting for your health to get back and resup off the dispenser until you're full health and armour
o_meisteh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
o_kaids

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisteh
yeah if you're a med and hurt you can hide for 5min waiting for your health to get back and resup off the dispenser until you're full health and armour
hahaha
o_kaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
o_fjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisteh
naw, not quite that

if you're gonna wait that long, might as well die
but say you're a good O team, pair of meds hit the base together, get injured, hit the disp, then thye can heal each other, maybe 5 second delay

now I agree, its a bit limited, after all, the engy has to get there... but most leages allow at least 1 person in the yard, so it can have some use... if the engy was willing to give it up

Old 10-16-2006, 01:57 AM   #9
o_pyromainiac

Please don't make it have a blast radius the size of the sun in FF.
o_pyromainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #10
o_catzeyes93

With as much work as it takes to fill up a dispenser to max capacity..yeah... I would prefer to keep the blast radious to what it is now. If you get killed by a dispenser blast, you really have not been paying attention. I have only seen noobs get suckered by one. Rarely does a seasoned player get caught touchin or getting close to one.
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #11
o_nocomply

sometimes you get caught because it's well placed, if you get caught shooting it, then they know you are there, it's not likely you'll get hit, but I always get people and sometimes get hit by them trying to run by an opening.
o_nocomply is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 04:06 AM   #12
o_saberwolf

....ok so any way. This is a pretty good question. Will there be/is there any changes to the despincer?
o_saberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 04:50 AM   #13
o_dr zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
I fail
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #14
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzEyes93
With as much work as it takes to fill up a dispenser to max capacity..yeah... I would prefer to keep the blast radious to what it is now. If you get killed by a dispenser blast, you really have not been paying attention. I have only seen noobs get suckered by one. Rarely does a seasoned player get caught touchin or getting close to one.
Whenever I play engy in clan matches I get at least 5-6 dispenser kills in a round. Obviously if you put it in the middle of a room people aren't going to be stupid enough to go near it without destroying it. Howerver, if you put it near the flag or near a doorway you are covering in a way that cannot be seen as the enemy enters the area it's pretty easy to snag kills with the dispenser. And this is against "seasoned players."
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #15
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Especially if the damned thing is full, it'll pop anyone.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #16
o_uncle-argon

If you put them in tight corridors, particularly near main concing points, they can be pretty effective. There are few things more annoying as a scout than having something in the way when you've timed your prime so as to conc at exactly the right time and place. The engy doesn't even have to blow the bloody thing to ruin your entire attack.

This might just be my problem though. I have an astonishing knack for getting killed or stopped in unusual ways at the worst possible times: concing into the ground and killing myself with the flag; getting killed by detpacks as I fly through the air to cap on dustbowl; walking over caltrops when I'm racing to get the flag back before the game ends; getting crushed by lifts when hiding; waiting patiently until lasers are activated before walking through them.... I have absolutely the worst luck when it comes to TFC.
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #17
o_groovyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-Argon
waiting patiently until lasers are activated before walking through them.... I have absolutely the worst luck when it comes to TFC.
You're not alone... http://www.groovyfargo.co.uk/zip/com...ent2-2povs.avi
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #18
o_loader

? Dispensers in Offy?

Now I HAVE heard everything...

/me waits for a Team America style quote.
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #19
o_kam

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7119/hihihinp2.jpg
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2006, 01:36 AM   #20
o_fjorn

OMG

Pure comedy gold