multiple explosions in london

Just happening

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188265,00.html

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188273,00.html
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
o_groovyf

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
BBC News 24 live stream here: http://support.bbc.co.uk/multicast/rams/uni/news24.ram (audio/video)
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
o_fresh

if this is a terrorist attack, then we should bring back the death penalty.

strong retaliation is needed against the forces that did this.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
o_simmadown

Terrorists (an incomplete definition by simmadown) - Faceless cowards who hide their identity on camera, their primary targets are non-combatants, they send children to explode themselves for issues of a world they can't possible fully understand at that age, while they themselves go to great lengths to run and hide from those they claim to want to confront.

"For every regime that sponsors terror, there is a price to be paid and it will be paid.... "

Listening to: God Save the King

-Simma
o_simmadown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
o_ginger lord

Sadly a case of "when the underground" would be attacked not "if".

So...I wouldn't like to be the people that did this when the British Forces get hold of them, if they though the Americans treated them harshly....
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
o_koochy

All of you UK chaps out there ok D:? What's it like over there atm ?_?
o_koochy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #7
o_pussyhunter

Very surreal over here atm. We're used to seeing this happen elsewhere (madrid\nyc) but this is the 1st time they've really hit us.
o_pussyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I am sorry to hear about this. This is part of what Bush got so much crap for saying that they should be hunted down wherever they are.

Honestly, England's dealt with Terrorist activity for far longer than most people care to remember....IRA anyone?
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #9
o_ginger lord

Its nothing new, had the IRA blowing us up since the 1960's.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #10
o_barsteward

Quote:
Terrorists (an incomplete definition by simmadown) - Faceless cowards who hide their identity on camera, their primary targets are non-combatants, they send children to explode themselves for issues of a world they can't possible fully understand at that age, while they themselves go to great lengths to run and hide from those they claim to want to confront.
Not wanting to start an argument but surely thats a very narrow view point.

The dutch and french did some horrific things during WWII but they were on our side so we praised them as heros.

Terroism is about creating terror. If they are doing it to suit our purposes we call them heros - if they do it to us we call them villians. Methods and tactics are identical - it just depends on whose side they are on.
o_barsteward is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
o_pussyhunter

Quote:
"In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
F*cked up tbh, do they honestly believe that sh!t? Killing women & children is OK by our god as long as we tell them beforehand...

Don't know about burning with fear, try rage. F*cking p*ssies.
o_pussyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #12
o_mooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyf
BBC News 24 live stream here: http://support.bbc.co.uk/multicast/rams/uni/news24.ram (audio/video)
Thanks a TON for that link!
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #13
o_voipme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyHunter
Quote:
"In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
F*cked up tbh, do they honestly believe that sh!t? Killing women & children is OK by our god as long as we tell them beforehand...

Don't know about burning with fear, try rage. F*cking p*ssies.
I know exactly how you feel. I was so incredibly pissed off when I heard about the bombings, even though I live in the U.S. Guh... I don't want to rant about terrorists anymore though.
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
i thought the IRA were around in the 1920s?
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #15
o_billdoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
i thought the IRA were around in the 1920s?
The Provisional IRA, who did all the bombings, formed later when the original IRA became less violent. Now there's the Real IRA too, which is an offshoot of the Provos.
o_billdoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #16
o_simmadown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsteward
Quote:
Not wanting to start an argument but surely thats a very narrow view point.
Please don't make inferrances, but instead read carefully what I say, and not add words to it. I can tell you are making assumptions about my motivations and opinion. Do not do that. Let's look at exactly what I said:

I said: Terrorists are faceless cowards.

When Russian was moving into Germany, and treating the Germans rather poorly as 'pay back' to the attrocities they suffered by the Germans, were the Russians being anonymous about it? Or were they being very open about their identity, and hatred of Germans?

I said: They primarily target non-combatants.

Now, there can be rape and property damage when an undiciplined, demoralized army occupies enemy territory. But did the Russians, French, or Dutch leadership target civilian targets simple because they were civilian? Simply to terrorize? When the brits bombed and burned Dresden, was it their purpose to terrorize and kill those citizens?

No, their purpose was to pull German forces off of the Russian lines. Russia was on the verge of falling. We could not have won the war without Russia's help, we needed them. The attack that started the firestorm attack was the 7th such attack on Dresden. This time the size of the attacking force, and weather conditions were just right to cause the fire to whip up its own weather system, that fed the fire into a firestorm. It was a phenomenon that was never seen before. The brits had no idea something like that would happen.

Now, alarmist radicals such as yourself would have the world believe it was intentional. Would also have the world believe that dropping the A-Bomb was an act of terror, when it saved more lives than it took. You have to remember the Pacific Theatre was a different type of battle than the European theater. In Europe, forces on both sides would surrender to each other. We would burry each others dead, etc.

In the Pacific theatre, the enemy would never surrender. This is evedent from the fact that they found some Japanese "left behinds" long after the war. They found some in the Philipenes recently! This was the mind-set of the enemy. They would never surrender. Every Pacific island was fought until the last man was killed.

At the time we dropped the A-Bomb, the Japanese were gearing up to defend the main island, rather than surrender. Had we taken the main island of Japan by force, far, far, far more Japanese would have died than died by those two bombs.

But again, radicals like yourself would have us hang our heads in shame.

I said: Terrorists send children to blow themselves up.

Did the French, Dutch, or anyone else strap explosives to their children? The Russians were very desperate during the German seige on Leningrad. They did send some rather young men out to fight, but did they strap them with explosives?

I understand some of you young kids are angry at the world, and want to blame "the man," or anyone else who will listen. But those of us who know history? We won't listen. To you at least. Therapy is the answer, not spouting your unfounded hatred for anyone who will listen.

-Simma

Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #17
o_barsteward

Simma,

I was referring to the underground groups not the national forces. In that they would bomb and murder ruthlessly when they needed to. They were also faceless and would always try to merge back into the crowds.

The death of 10,000 is always better than the death of 10,000,000. I would never say otherwise.

I was putting the point across that we need to look at these issues from both sides and look into our past history before we judge those before us. Yes their actions were despicable and I would happily have them brought before justice.

We viewed Hitler and the Nazis below ourselves and we supported the underground movements against them. It was the same in Afghanistan against the Soviets. Just because we won and wrote the history to reflect how good we were and how bad they were doesn’t necessarily mean our actions were right. Are the actions by Bush over Guantanamo bay justified? The thoughts of "I would rather lock up 300 men without any resource or justice then risk losing people to terrorists" are all fine and well but how would you view it if you or one of your family were picked up?

And I found your last remark both condescending and insulting. Certainly beneath the maturity you are implying you have.
o_barsteward is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #18
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
My condolences to those who suffer due to the cowardace of these bastards. I hope we hunt them down and put a bullet into their head for what they have done. No one should have to suffer through things like this.

These terrorists just don't seem understand that events such as this will have the exact opposite effect, the UK will never pull out until they find who is responsible for this.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #19
o_weetbix

i think that attack was a bad idea for them, seeing the top 8 world powers were in the same place at the time..

it brings the major countries closer together on the issue so the alkayda are slowly digging their own grave.

the fact that all the G8 countrys leaders were standing behind the british priminister at the press conference would be pretty intimidating to the terrorists..

you`d think the terrorists main aims would be to split the major powers up on the issue to fight against themselves...
o_weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #20
o_simmadown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsteward
And I found your last remark both condescending and insulting. Certainly beneath the maturity you are implying you have.
Well, I will apologize for that last remark. Not because I do not believe that such people exist, and that I do honestly believe therapy would benefit them more than a soap box, but rather, I jumped to a cunclusion assuming you were such a person. I don't know that you are or aren't, and should not have jumped to such a conclusion. People can be thoughtful liberals or moderates, and not necessarily knee-jerk radicals.

As far as Soviet involvement in the middle-east...we believed, and still believe, that communism is a cancer. Especially communism with doctrine of military expansion. However, if those opponents of the Soviets in the middle-east had used exploding children as a weapon against them, I would have been just as upset.

I understand, if disagree, with your point. Iran for example. Some people think we are hypocrites for selling arms to Iran while they were at war with Iraq, and now condemn them. History has to be looked at in the context of the time. Two of your enemies at war with each other. Not enough foresight to see the harm in selling arms to one of them. But certainly not as scandalous as 'Iran-Contra' afair made it sound. Not in my opinion anyway.

As far as Gitmo, there's so much said on both sides, who do you believe? While I don't believe in "guilty until proven innocent," I also don't believe that captured hostiles necessarily need to be afforded the same rights as a U.S. citizen. Thus, holding individuals who are believed to be possible threats, without being charged, does not exactly seem like a war atrocity to me.

-Simma