Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
o_|3iohazard

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF vs. TF2

Will there be leagues for both?
I guess it is going to mainly what people prefer.
I hope it doesn't split the tfc community.
Which do you think will come out first?
o_|3iohazard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #2
o_sobe green

If by TFC2 you mean Valve's port of TFC on the Source engine then never. I don't think it will ever be done. If you mean TF2...I'm not sure there is a person alive that can answer when it will be made.

Given that anything is released I'm sure they will all have leagues.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #3
o_vertical

Personally, I think FF will come out first, and therefore catch most peoples attention. TF2 isn't the same thing as TFC, so if people still want the same style of play, they will stick with FF. Otherwise TF2 would be just like playing a new game.
o_vertical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Hello Vertical good to see you.
TFC:S if deccided to be release, It would be release in like 3 years or more, like how long did it take so they could Finish CS:S and now how long has it been that it says that Day Of Defeat is coming out soon. Well not soon enought. FF will be out first and people will adapt to it and get use to it, if TFC:S source does come out then I doubt that manye people will try it b/c it's going to be like HL:S which didn't have that many changes.
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:21 AM   #5
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The thing is valve can throw $XXXXXX at TFC:S to get it out quickly. All of us are doing this for free. However that said, we beleive FF will offer support, gameplay advancments, bug and exploit fixing, updates, and care that TFC didnt get and that I personally dont belive the next version will get.

FF welcomes any annoucement by valve regarding TF2 or TF:S because it will focus us even more to create a better product that is more fun and enjoyable and more rewarding. I would hope that the powers that be would be supportive of our effort, as it truely is a community effort to keep our way of gaming alive.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #6
o_otiz

And of course, Valve wont work at tfc:s until they tie up dod (realease it, fix inital bugs, etc) because they don't really care about tfc. Also, they're going to make us pay for tfc:s just like hl:s and dod:s. FF has all the advantage in my opinion.

edit: stupid typo
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 03:57 AM   #7
o_balls

Conclusion: Valve suck :P? Nothing new
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 04:26 AM   #8
o_3xternal

Quote:
TF2 isn't the same thing as TFC
looking at the tf2 webby makes me want to puke. Thier forums say it all, the fans feel like the sequal to the best multiplayer game ever has been infected by CS "we want realism" whining. Screw TF2. TFC was made by some college students and valve loved the cack so much they bought the rights. Let it happen again.
o_3xternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
o_thegreekgod

dont get my wrong. i love valve. but these guys rule
o_thegreekgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
o_thedarkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xternal
Quote:
TF2 isn't the same thing as TFC
looking at the tf2 webby makes me want to puke. Thier forums say it all, the fans feel like the sequal to the best multiplayer game ever has been infected by CS "we want realism" whining. Screw TF2. TFC was made by some college students and valve loved the cack so much they bought the rights. Let it happen again.
de_dust was based on the TF2 screenshots. :P
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #11
o_deadeh

Valve aren't that bad guys, their community support is unrivaled by any other developer and they are trying to keep us in the know about what is going on (frequent updates etc..) Sure TFC didnt get much attention towards the end but look at HL2! great game.

Anyways to stay on topic, i think TF2 will be sooner rather than later... as in expect an announcement this year at E3 type of thing...TFC:S?? Don't think that is ever going to see an official light of day...but FF looks amazing so can't complain

So thx FF team and thx Valve
o_deadeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
o_lithium

TF2 will be another counter strike... it's just with people with more advanced weaponry... either that or a DM version of Battlefield
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 11:00 AM   #13
o_reverie

Valve's mod community support is tremendous. A good portion of their development teams are straight from the mod community.

Though I doubt there will be a TFC:S, there's nothing wrong with its possibility. The more options for players there are, the better gameplay we get.
o_reverie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #14
o_pizzahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xternal
the [TF2] fans feel like the sequal to the best multiplayer game ever has been infected by CS "we want realism" whining.
TF2 concepts are old, very old. So old, that at the time probably Quake 1 TF and TFC were both more popular than CS. I'm not even sure if the first CS beta was out when Valve began preparing their 1999 E3 presentation.
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #15
o_pizzahut

Quote:
[May 25, 1999] - Team Fortress ™ 2 Nominated For E3 Awards

The nominations are in for this year's E3 awards. Team Fortress ™ 2 has been nominated in four categories, including Game of Show, Best PC Game, Best Action Game and Best Online Multiplayer Game.
Quote:
BETA 1.0

--------
[6.19.99]

Features :
- weapons: usp, glock, shotgun, m4a1, mp5 navy, TMP, awp, G3/SG-1 & FN M249 PARA
- hostage rescue scenario
- custom maps: cs_siege, cs_mansion, cs_wpndepot, cs_prison

Old 02-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #16
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut
Quote:
[May 25, 1999] - Team Fortress ™ 2 Nominated For E3 Awards

The nominations are in for this year's E3 awards. Team Fortress ™ 2 has been nominated in four categories, including Game of Show, Best PC Game, Best Action Game and Best Online Multiplayer Game.
Quote:
BETA 1.0

--------
[6.19.99]

Features :
- weapons: usp, glock, shotgun, m4a1, mp5 navy, TMP, awp, G3/SG-1 & FN M249 PARA
- hostage rescue scenario
- custom maps: cs_siege, cs_mansion, cs_wpndepot, cs_prison
At that time though, CS wasn't very popular or involved with Valve in any way. Alot of people laughed at Beta 1. I think you can see PHL giving less than enthusiastic comments towards CS when it was first released via the wayback machine. There was another website too but I can't remember what it was.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #17
o_pizzahut

The point I was trying to make is that TF2 concepts aren't the results of "CS whining" because CS wasn't even out when TF2 was presented at E3.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #18
o_sobe green

Oh well I'm tired and failed to see that. <3

Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #19
o_silver

cs was the result of tf2 basically.
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #20
o__thursday_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
If by TFC2 you mean Valve's port of TFC on the Source engine then never. I don't think it will ever be done. If you mean TF2...I'm not sure there is a person alive that can answer when it will be made.

Given that anything is released I'm sure they will all have leagues.
TF2 is definately Valves next main big project, especially seen as they just created Swat 4, on the Source engine, which is out on beta at the moment, so Winter 2005 is my earliest prediction for TF2. Latest prediction is Spring 2006, TF2 is a definate yes for the future though. Do not doubt Valve, for a second more.
o__thursday_ is offline   Reply With Quote