Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 03-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #121
o_epothon

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
edit of the doublepost

last update i made.. starting to look a bit better, dunno about the halo on the ceiling though.. ill see how it goes

Piccy
o_epothon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #122
o_soulcutter

Epothon that looks pretty sweet. Keep up the good work.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #123
o_nomak

Epothon i have some advice for the flag room. The grate texture you used at the right...dont use that it looks like a hl1 texture and ino its not ur vid card cause ur fps is over 130 . btw try to make the lights brigter the closer they get to the middle of the flag room. the ones near the wall leave them like that but make the ones in middle a chad brighter lol nice work btw lol you sure know how to put a lot of work into one room...lol so did I

this is about 1 and half months ago lol you ppl havent seen the new retextured and remade flag room of my map
o_nomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #124
o_epothon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomak
Epothon i have some advice for the flag room. The grate texture you used at the right...dont use that it looks like a hl1 texture and ino its not ur vid card cause ur fps is over 130 . btw try to make the lights brigter the closer they get to the middle of the flag room. the ones near the wall leave them like that but make the ones in middle a chad brighter lol nice work btw lol you sure know how to put a lot of work into one room...lol so did I
Well.. im not gone give up the grates even though they might seem HL1-ish, they look good ingame tbh and that was the whole idea of em
kinda finished with the flagroom (for now.. waiting for teamtextures n stuff) but architecture wise its kinda ready:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

these were taken in Fov 110 so you'd have a broader view of it
and all screens were taken at highest detail settings (without vsync)

Edit:
I already got rid of some small glitches of the rockceiling which you can still see in one of the pictures and i cleaned up the brushwork as much as possible and saved some polygons by doing so

Old 03-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #125
o_valk

thats some very nice work there mate
keep it going because it looks good :]
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #126
o_cudweiser

Very nice!
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #127
o_catzeyes93

You developers really should put a hidden FF logo on the maps. Whether it is by design of ramps, or a logo hidden in the wall or some other obscure 'easter egg' type thing. When I looked at those pictures in the last few posts, for some reason I thought the circular walkway was remenicent of a logo I know I have seen from somewhere. Not sure if I am thinking about the eye of Ra or the cbs logo from long ago, but it got me thinking that it would be kinda awsome of each of the released maps somehow had the FF logo included. Either blatently with a picture on the wall, or submliminal by outlining it in a walkway or overhead mapview.

Just a thought.
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #128
o_soundman

Excellent work, I love the look should be great.
o_soundman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #129
o_epothon

im gone do the best i can to make it as good as possible

still gathering inspiration for a layout though so kindoff testing stuff out

Old 03-25-2005, 03:10 AM   #130
o_nomak

epothon i REALLY like the final lay out of that flag room its nice. After looking at it i came to the conclusion that the metal grate on the wall fits the style of the flag room What room will you be working on next?

Old 03-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #131
o_epothon

most likely a main hall, then i can do the connections between the 2 rooms

Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #132
o_mikequist

Hey, I'm takin a stab or two at casbah now that Sobe Green has resigned from that spot. It'll be a pain but if i do it, I plan to be as conservative with it as possible, and how far I get with it will all depend on who I get on board for textures. By no means is this official though...
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #133
o_epothon

be sure to keep us posted on the progress, would love to see what you make of it

Old 03-25-2005, 03:45 PM   #134
o_mikequist

Well, again, I'm going to stay as conservative as possible: IE. brushes exactly the same as I can get them. It is hard enough to copy such a detailed map, let alone have ingenuity to make my own stuff. That depends on time. As of the moment, I'm finishing up on the blue spawn brushes...(come on, spawns are bigger than 2fort lol)

Old 03-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #135
o_nomak

Koochy i have bad news I dont think i will continue working on my incursion map I ran into some brush problems and the geometry is not in porprtion to the player. In some parts the walls are very high and then in some parts you get stuck on the cieling. I always told my self i woudl go back to fix it but now that ive gone to about 60% done wiht the map i cant seem to fix it anymore. It would mess up everything else. So please take away my incursion map. I think i will be making a non-bunker map and go more towards a open map like casbah,de_dust, avanti, style map. where the enemies base isnt just copied and pasted. I'll be thinking of new ideas on it. THanks for all your help guys.

Hey this is a question for the ff dev team. Will you guys be making attack/defending entities for ff? Because i think i want my map to be a attack/defend style map instead of a ctf map.

ps. koochy ill get back to you on what my new map name will be.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #136
o_mikequist

To be honest, if your having trouble with the CTF, work it out with the CTF. A/D mapping is probably the hardest, as is making maps where bases are replicated. As it sounds (with the preportion issue), it seems like just inexperience, so I would not suggest rushing into those categories right away.

PS- Kooch, maybe put my down on Casbah, Idk,

Old 03-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #137
o_koochy

Done~~~~~~

Can I make a suggestion to everyone out there making maps for FF, that you make a significant amount of progress before you update / post about it? It's kinda annoying searching round everywhere for updated images only to find a few new lights and a different shaped wall. :<

Other than that, I look forward to seeing bigger updates! :D
o_koochy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #138
o_nomak

alrite koochy dont worry, For my next map ive decided to go ctf since MikeQuist said it is one of the hardest. I wanna make my map based on my hometown in Mexico where i was born. Although i dont live there anymore the cs:s textures seem to fit perfectly for the town. Ill be starting some geometry today. Thanks anyway all. Koochy i will post the map name and maybe 1 screen soon.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #139
o_blackhand

was browsing these forums and came across this thread, so I thought I would mention the run port I am working on:

http://www.rit.edu/~jsl6906/run/
o_blackhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #140
o_nomak

That Run map looks very nice. Did you make the orignal one for tfc? Because in one of the stickies the ff dev team says to ask the original creater for permission of ports of tfc maps.