Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
o_theniggy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Fixing the conc effect?

Back in my early days of tfc, before there was an issue with true tracers, and third person hacks, I had always thought that when conced, your aim actually followed the figure of 8 that occurs when conced.

Upon finding out differently, it spoiled the effect, as it reduced the conc effect to a magic trick where you knew the secret.

Would it not be possible in FF to "fix" the conc effect, i.e. have where you shoot when doing the figure of 8 be the "true" shot. It gets rid of the tracer problems, and makes being conced a struggle with keeping the mouse pointing in the right area, rather than as it is now, where you're better off not actually using the mouse when conced, so as to keep your axis the same.
o_theniggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
o_afty

I also used to believe this (oh how wrong we were)

i think however the ff staff may have decided on what they are doing for the conc effect?
o_afty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
The hazy, stretched out headache you get in DoD:S when a grenade blows up near you is a good idea for a conc.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
We have a good design for the finalized conc effect but it will have to go thru lots of testing. The problem with your suggestion of making the real aim follow the xhair, is that moving forward would send you in a wiggly line, making general movement quite annoying. Can you imagine trying to cross the sd2 plank whilst conced?

AFAIK this method was tried in ETF and didnt really work that well.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
o_rp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebo
We have a good design for the finalized conc effect but it will have to go thru lots of testing. The problem with your suggestion of making the real aim follow the xhair, is that moving forward would send you in a wiggly line, making general movement quite annoying. Can you imagine trying to cross the sd2 plank whilst conced?

AFAIK this method was tried in ETF and didnt really work that well.
Yeah, ETF did that - Altough it was still quite possible to aim, it was close to impossible to walk on narrow patches (even the ramps on 2fort were quite hard to walk on while being conced) - so offense was really screwed up.
o_rp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

You could just make it affect Medics and Scouts minimally.

But I agree that it would be rather annoying.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
o_hired-gun

If you change the conc effect,you should change ut for all classes...
o_hired-gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #8
o_balls

please dont change the way conc aim works... ive spent ages getting good at conc aim, if you change it i will have to start from scratch! Its works well how it is now imo, just add some fancy effects with pretty butterflies
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
o_darknight

That's the whole idea I think balls. They want to atleast give new players a chance not to get totally owned by people who've played TFC for many years.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
o_rebo

What he said ^^^^.

Thats not to say it will be an easier skill to learn but it will certainly challange new players and old players alike.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #11
o_balls

god damn! you heartless bastards! (tbh, i wont be playing people who have just started playing the game)

Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #12
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Aw, scared to learn something new Balls? That's so cute.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:31 AM   #13
o_balls

nope not at all, but if you were good enough to concaim, youd understand :P

Old 11-13-2005, 03:52 AM   #14
o_kaxxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls
nope not at all, but if you were good enough to concaim, youd understand :P
people don't want to have to re-learn anything at all?
o_kaxxil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2005, 04:09 AM   #15
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I can concaim fine already, the difference is, I don't mind learning to do so again. It took all of five minutes the first time anyway.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:17 AM   #16
o_valk

lol?

it doesnt take 5 minutes to learn conc im shotty. u might know what the conc effect does to u after 5 minutes, learning to a point where ur conc aim is as good as 3alls is another story.

ur not tuff
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2005, 04:20 AM   #17
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

I never said I was "tuff," I just know how to concaim and it ain't that hard to learn.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:37 AM   #18
o_darkness24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_cadaver
I am a christian. To have creationism taught in the classroom is downright silly. Evolution is based on almost a century of scientific data that has been collected. Yes, evolution is a theory. Yes, creationism is also a theory. Except that creationism is based off religion, to say it isnt and call it "intelligent design" is stupid. There is a reason the church is seperated from state. Science needs to be taught in science class. Leave intelligent design to sunday school. I dont want my future kids becoming confused on what is supported theory and what is fiction.

To say that a child has to be taught, in a state science classroom, a theory based on religion...I dont even know how to respond to such stupidity. If you dont want your kids being taught what the state provides, pull them out of school and teach them yourself.
im a jew... Now one day i was in class and this kid comes up and to me and say WTF WHERE is your jew gold and i was like its at a *SECRET* nuclear war head factory. and he was like I DONT BELIVE YOU so i showed him pictures. NOW you must be thinking WTF WHY THE FUCK WOULD A JEW LIKE ME SHOW HIM WHERE MY GOLD IS AT. well im smart just like every other jew out there i have a FAKE think of gold. MUHAHAHAHA. . anyway the other day i was eating my begal and looking at my stocks in WALL STREET and i noticed the my one stock went down so i DROPED THAT MF LIKE A FAT UGLY BABY. anyway so while i was eating a christian broke in to my house and was asking for my jew gold and i told him where it was at the *SECRET* nuclear war head factory and BAM and explosion went off and he died. HIS ASS WAS BLACKER THEN MY COFFEE he flew alll the wya round the world 3 TIMES
o_darkness24713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2005, 04:38 AM   #19
o_darkness24713

o_darkness24713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2005, 04:47 AM   #20
o_rebo

cyas darkness.