Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
A child custody case that will make you cringe

Philadelphia, PA (AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Philadelphia courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Philadelphia Eagles, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Yeah it's old...(shrug) LOL already!
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #2
o_salty milkshake

International Version:

A seven year old South African boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama today when he challenged a Pretoria Supreme Court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge awarded custody to his sole aunt. The boy protested that his aunt beat him more than his parents and refused to live there. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents the boy claimed that they beat him more than anyone.

The judge dramatically allowed the boy to chose who should have custody of him.

Custody was today granted to the Springbok Rugby team, as the boy firmly believes they are not capable of beating anyone.
o_salty milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
o_shootthechicken

Re: International Version:

A seven year old South African boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama today when he challenged a Pretoria Supreme Court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge awarded custody to his sole aunt. The boy protested that his aunt beat him more than his parents and refused to live there. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents the boy claimed that they beat him more than anyone.

Custody was today granted to Tim the Enchanter, as the boy firmly believes he is not capable of beating anyone.
o_shootthechicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
o_mooga

Re: International Version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheChicken

Custody was today granted to Tim the Enchanter, as the boy firmly believes he is not capable of beating anyone.
Am I a dork if the first thing I thought was NOT Monty Python but Magic the Gathering?
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 AM   #5
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I'm pretty sure if you think about M:tG at all, you're a dork.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:11 AM   #6
o_shootthechicken

I'm afraid I side with Circ on this one.
o_shootthechicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

And since, after reading that, both of you thought about M:tG, you're dorks too!

And so am I. But I played M:tG quite a bit, so that's assumed
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 04:01 AM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
And since, after reading that, both of you thought about M:tG, you're dorks too!

And so am I. But I played M:tG quite a bit, so that's assumed
I think by now we've both proven we can type without thinking.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 AM   #9
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

It is most definitely a skill to form coherent sentences without any input from the brain.

And it would be a skill most Internet users shared, if I had left out the "coherent" qualification.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote