Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #41
o_sizeablessonic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I would hate the pyro being replaced thats my favourie class.

Hey the Engineers SG does all the shooting for you! Lets take that out!
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #42
o_darknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
high horse? sorry i was elevated on my enormous penis.
The mental images that creates are really quite disturbing. I suggest you seek medical help ASAP.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #43
o_reincarnation

I hope this thread is a joke. With a solid combination of the pyro RL and the flame gun, many skilled players could own with the pyro, myself included. I use to solja all the time but I got bored of it after exhausting all the possible tricks one could do it.

Pubbing was so easy with a pyro. But using a pyro in a clan match was a really smart move. Clan matches were all about capturing the flag. If the D can reduce the health of the other team's offence, it makes their life so much easier.

For example:
(1) 2fort. Set up the pyro in the RR with an engy (or hwguy or soldier). The splash damage and napalm and what not could easily reduce scouts, medics and other assaulting classes' health a significant amount.

I could go on with alot of different maps. But, I felt the pyro was the most underappreciated / under utlitized classes (other than the spy).
o_reincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #44
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
I hope this thread is a joke. With a solid combination of the pyro RL and the flame gun, many skilled players could own with the pyro, myself included.
I hope that is a joke. The pyro is useless in clanmatches in TFC, really. Stop deluding yourself.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #45
o_war peanut

The pyro is my favorite class, but they are right, the pyro sucks ass, you can't kill shit with it. The pyro should be this;

>Short to Medium Range

>Good Speed

>Fair Amount of Damage (like 2x-3x at least what he does now)

>The ability to sweep multiple opponents with a quick moving flame jet. And different speeds of opponent ignition depending on what part of the flame is being used, or how long it is concentrated on them. Once ignited, the players have obscured vision, rapid health loss, and decrease in accuracy.

>Replace RL with 2ndary fire on FT, creating a large gas ball which explodes, just like RL rockets. It would work like the gravity gun grabbing orbs in the last part of the HL2 game, but the ball would get bigger and bigger until you launch it. Wait too long and it explodes damaging the pyro. I just can't see a guy hauling a RL, a FT, SGs and a bunch of nades and moving that fast.

> Retains Shottie and Napalm Grenades, and perhaps regular grenades are replaced with molotov cocktails, which explode like grenades, or a gas can with a stick of dynamite attached which he chucks up stairs and over walls

>Is used to cause chaos, confusion, misery and destruction. This would be one of the funnest class to play, if only we could.

The world of FF needs the pyro, he is like Gilligan to the HW Guy's Skipper in the world of high ordinance pyschopathic spazzes.
Also, perhaps the medic should also carry a fire extinguisher.
o_war peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 02:10 AM   #46
o_beavis

The pyro is great but he just needs to be tweaked.

1) His rockets need to go as fast as the soldiers - the rockets in TFC are ridiculously slow as of now.

2) His flamethrower needs to either have more damage or the maximum distance needs to be a bit more.

Other than that, great class
o_beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #47
o_sizeablessonic

The dev team said in the thread about things that will definately NOT be included that one thing that definately wont be in FF will be the replacement of classes.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #48
o_drywin

Plz dont replace the pyro. It was what I played when I ran in TFC. The pyro was a great class, he just took more skill than the others.
o_drywin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #49
o_flyingcow

why would a pyro need resistance against other pyros? thats just retarded. the pyro and the demoman should have resistance against explosions.
o_flyingcow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 08:40 AM   #50
o_sigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcow
why would a pyro need resistance against other pyros? thats just retarded. the pyro and the demoman should have resistance against explosions.
First a pyro should be resistant to flame in general because thats his trade (we don't want the pyro hurting himself if he uses his flame thrower longer than 3 seconds do we?).

A demo should be resistant to explosives because thats his trade.

Why should a pyro be resistant to explosions? Flame retardant stuff and heat resistant stuff is usually made out of long insulating fibers (these long fibers can usually cause cancer too). These fibers take heat well, but when comes to other stuff they tend to crumble more easily than other materials... For example, fiber glass can easily be turned into a powder, it doesn't provide much protection against anything except temperature differences. In general many heat resistant things are more fragile in fact.

Most ionic substances are great insulators (they are usually clear/white too). The very electro attraction between the crystal which make transfer of electrons and heat very difficult also makes it shatter easily should that lattice become misaligned. Ceramics are usually worse. I don't know for certain about all Asbestos, but I think most of it is based much like the ionic crystals.

Aside from that... The blast armor is one of the demoman's specials... If you split it amongst other classes than his special becomes less so. The explosion resistance would make the pyro more of an anti-soldier and anti-demoman. I think the pyro needs to become more of a quick choatic class. Think of him as more of a scout only slower and with more armor and life. The pyro doesn't need to last longer in fights, but should have more tactical tricks (a smoke bomb would be perfect for him).
o_sigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #51
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
the way i see it, the pyro needs to retain his ability to mame and cause havoc, but have the option to kill when he wants to. swap the shotty for a supershotty and this should be achieved :)
may i also say that i support the ideas for incendriary grenades and unlit gas secondary fire thingy :x
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #52
o_war peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma
First a pyro should be resistant to flame in general because thats his trade (we don't want the pyro hurting himself if he uses his flame thrower longer than 3 seconds do we?).

A demo should be resistant to explosives because thats his trade.
You are a man with a super powered brain.

My sediments (i am into grit and sludge) are 'EXACTLY' and '!!!'. These classes should have immunity from their own specific ability. Just like the medic is immune to disease, and the snake handler class is immune to the rattlesnake bites (this character was taken out in quake TF beta).

Old 07-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #53
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i wouldnt say immunity's the best way forward, else noone would have any way of defeating the other in a 1 on 1 firefight. significantly decreased i can agree with though.

also the pyro needs the ability from postal 2 to piss on things, to put out napalm grenades and teammates who've been set alight
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #54
o_weetbix

oo yeh good idea... fire extinguisher
o_weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #55
o_drtom

pyro should be a MAN OF FIRE liek in fantastic 4
o_drtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #56
o_war peanut

Pyro should be a camp homosexual with elton john glasses, a feather boa, and hot pants. To get the whole 'flamer' theme in there.

No.

I'm Sorry.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #57
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Does anyone here listen to the devs?

They've stated multiple times that THEY ARE KEEPING ALL TEN CLASSES! THEY'RE JUST BALANCING THEM OUT!

Yes I'm in a bad mood.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #58
o_sizeablessonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Does anyone here listen to the devs?

They've stated multiple times that THEY ARE KEEPING ALL TEN CLASSES! THEY'RE JUST BALANCING THEM OUT!

Yes I'm in a bad mood.
I pointed that out. [that they were keeping all ten classes.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #59
o_grom

well why dont we do this

1. make snipers immune to hs
2. make HWguys immune to ac cannons
3. make the spy immune to knife shots(this also includes crobars)
4. make scout... well get destroyed in 1 shot no matter what
5. make soldger the ultimate fighting machine with EVERY gun in game

sounds lame, jsut like making the pyro immune to explosions AND fire.
hes a pyro with that flame retardent thing, so hes immune to fire. it should stay that way

make the pyros flamethrower shoot further, with a lil more dmg
make his rockets fly just as fast as the sollys
make him have a uber-shotgun instead of the lame shotgun
o_grom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 03:14 AM   #60
o_grom

o yea just for you who dont read.....

defrag writes:I'm just making this post to stop people posting the same things over and over again as we're sure they're not going to feature in FF.

4. Addition / Removal of Classes: It's not a proper TF mod without 9 (10 with civilian) classes.

so now new "shock trooper"
o_grom is offline   Reply With Quote