Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwaRe
Quote:
Electricity resistant. Like pyro.
Very susceptable to EMP`s
Surely an oxymoron?
Not necessarily.

But I am in support of this idea. Either just added to the roster or as a replacement for the pyro. The "static gun" could just be the combine baton as a melee weapon. His grenades could actually be a proximity mine, that stuns opponents.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #22
o_sensai

This is a nice idea, I'd love to see a new class for this game.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #23
o_tal-n

Leave my Pyro alone.
o_tal-n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #24
o_darknight

Shock Trooper FTW...
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #25
o_sigma

This reminds me

Well you could sort of test out this idea because WF messed with the classes and you could probably try WFA (Quake 3 mod). They changed the Demoman into a Cyborg. I don't recall everything he has but he does have Tesla gun. I suggest you play WF before you suggest that idea again.

The Pyro does need a make over, but he shouldn't be replaced. Leave that for a secondary mod to replace the Pyro with a Tesla Trooper (along with the Scout as a Ranger too!). You mess with the classes too much you might as well call it a WF mod or some other name, but not a TF game.

Augment the class sure. Maybe try and give his weapons a new use. Try giving him a trap that works like a napalm grenade but waits for an enemy before going off. After FF is complete, then they can add a section for mini-mods if the player base is large enough. Leave the basic idea the same though: A flame trooper who is highly disruptive.
o_sigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #26
o_fisheye

i'd like to see the pyros rockets do a little more damage on impact. other than that, leave him alone please.
o_fisheye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #27
o_grom

you seen the new modles for the pyro? he looks badass! (love the trench coat) and if you dident notice with the pyro the flame thrower can shoot you away or up.... if you get under someone with the flame thrower and they get above you try shooting the bottom of their feet. its almost INSTANT KILL. for some reason, maybe no armor on the bottom of players feet or they just forgot to give the bottom of the feet any thing, that it kills the players quick. i learned this watching the bots. they would be pyro and shoot me up and run under me. i would have full health and die in about 2 secs. so if you think the pyro "sucks" i suggest you go play TFC right now and shoot someone above you and hit the bottom of their feet and see how fast they die
o_grom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #28
o_weetbix

i wouldnt mind trading in the pyro for another class.. maybe im a noob and cant use him properly... i never had much luck with him... ive rarely seen him used in a clan war, while i see the other classes all the time. most pyros i see just spam the secondary gren

somehow maybe he could be updated, im sure ff will do something about pyro.
o_weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #29
o_darknight

I play O. But I can imagine that when defending pyros will be scary enough in FF.

A decent pyro should get at very least one nade and some rockets off at a defending soldier as it is. This should leave him on quite low HP leaving him needing resupply or a much easier target for the next medic. With the agility and speed of a medic but having almost equal armour/health to the soldier he is far from not being a formidable force if that person knows how to use grenades. And once the being set on fire is sorted out in FF so you cant just 'run away' from the flames. The pyros rockets will be far more useful in blinding the soldiers which could give him enough time to get a second grenade off at the soldier which could very easily mean death to the defender and clear the path for other offy.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #30
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
the way i see it, the pyro needs to retain his ability to mame and cause havoc, but have the option to kill when he wants to. swap the shotty for a supershotty and this should be achieved :)
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #31
o_darknight

Ons second thoughts I just realised who actually created this thread. I'm assuming that is the same Buns that I know. If so Clan-Loggy should ring a bell.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #32
o_i_like_me...shut_up

Quote:
you seen the new modles for the pyro? he looks badass! (love the trench coat)
Um...that trenchcoat ure refering to is part of his flame retardent suit.
o_i_like_me...shut_up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 06:23 AM   #33
o_sigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Me...Shut_Up
Quote:
you seen the new modles for the pyro? he looks badass! (love the trench coat)
Um...that trenchcoat ure refering to is part of his flame retardent suit.
Seen here:

http://www.fortress-forever.com./?a=...id=pyro_render

Old 07-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #34
o_flyingcow

if the pyro's rockets traveled faster or the same speed as asoldier's rocket, then he would be cool.

the pyro needs explosion resistance, not just pyro resistance.
o_flyingcow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #35
o_sigma

Explosion resistance is the demo's area...

I think if he was a little faster he could almost be used to grab the flag and run (maybe as fast as the medic)? Not all classes are combat classes, maybe the pyro shouldn't be a combat class, but see if you can make him more of a capper... Perhaps a weaker form of the rocket jump, so it is harder to do but still possible.

I don't know, but I think explosion resistance is wrong for the pyro.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #36
o_fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Not to mention they are great for spy checking. Its like attatching a flare to an enemy spy as he runs into your base.
What if friendly fire is on
Buns i didnt write that, you have indeed edited the quote and got my name instead of "SoBe Green" i dont play on public and i dont think ive played on a Non-FF server for about 2 years.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #37
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
i dont play on public and i dont think ive played on a Non-FF server for about 2 years.
everyone played public to begin with.. now lets all drop our "im a leet hardline clan/pickup only player" attitudes and welcome new players with open arms. this way we can bridge the gap created by such behaviour

Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #38
o_fresh

thats becasue i think public servers are the gayest thing in the world, in ANY game. Im far form elite and i dare say if i went on a public server there would be NUMEROUS people who were better than me, you have to remeber clanned players are no better than public server players, and if you look very very closley at every post i have ever made on this forum, i have NEVER said that league players are better, they are simply public players who have joined a clan, its not hard or clever to be in a clan Merverka. I just reserve the right to voice the fact that i dont play pubs AND cannot remeber a non FF server that ive played on recently. Furthermore i reserve the right to defend myself when indeed being miss quoted.

can you hear me ok on your high horse?
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #39
o_meisteh

hmm to be honest i kinda of like the idea of a shocktrooper class instead of a pyro. mainly because, at least in TFC, the only way for the pyro to be effective is to be spammy (including flames and shit on your screen). the idea of electricity sounds much neater to me and seems quite feasible.

however since this mod is supposed to remain true to the fortress series it shouldn't really be changed. i trust the dev team will make the pyro functional without being overly spammy though. perhaps an idea for a future mod where boundries are pushed further and tradition isn't adhered to as closely.
o_meisteh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #40
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

high horse? sorry i was elevated on my enormous penis.