Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #101
battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
It's traded off for another problem: One class is such an annoyance that someone has to sacrifice his or her fun to prevent the Sniper class from ruining the fucking game. As much as you consider camping battlements a counter to the Sniper, it does nothing but subtract from the game. There's one less person playing the game semi-correctly. And, it just encourages the Sniper to cry until the admins do something. I've been banned a few times for doing this in multiple games, suppressing the Sniper so my team could past, as if Snipers are immune to being influenced.
Well, a Pyro can walk safely to the sniper deck right after a medic has flew over there and pinned down the snipers. Once this has happened, the medic can move on to offense while the Pyro picks up the mission of area denial. This is what the Pryo were designed for, right? Going around the map to incinerate the lesser classes.

But I agree with you that the Sniper class is a huge problem when server admins don't want to play fair. I got threatened by admin for just sticking around the conc deck on Aardvark (not even spawn exit). Eventually the admin just decreed that no one were to fire at any sniper unless the sniper fired first. I was not sure if it was just by coincidence that the snipers and admin shared the same clan tag....

As long as server admins don't discipline themselves, I think the developers should take actions to reduce administrative powers. Taking away the Sniper class sends across a strong and effective message. In this sense, removing Sniper class can bring more fun to the game to majority of players. Admins will get the chance to reflect upon their policies, and hopefully become more cooperative to the community.
________
Herbal vaporizers

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 12:17 PM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #102
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Bri, what about a compromise?

I agree with the haters that the sniper is gay, in that he has a ranged hitscan weapon that kills in one hit, but i also agree that hes a fun class to play and removing him wouldnt be the best choice as he offers a counter to some classes and strategies. The current counter for the 1 hit kill is that the rifle has to be fully charged, which gives players time, but usually this time isn't enough and players are killed before they have a chance.

A delayed bullet thats affected by gravity only seems like a good compromise, that way you not only keep a fun class to play that has the possibility to be an effective defense, but you also give the offensive players a chance to get by as the probability to miss is higher.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anotherbridgetsuggestion, bridgetflaminghomosexual, ventrystillafucktard