Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
o_yomamashouse

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Anybody seen King Kong? *Edit* with possible 'spoilers'

I saw it a few days ago and thought it was pretty good. I really didnt think it was gunna be any good but it surprised me. I was a little confused about the whole Gigantic ape falling in love with a human with buck teeth part, it would have been quite a grizzly sight seeing them trying to get busy.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
o_vampiricus

i saw it, i thought he did a pretty good job with iut. im sure the dvd will have an exptra 2 hours of stuff he left out, like how they got Kong to the states.

the expressions on Kong were awesome, i read that the guy who acted as kong studies gorillas in the wild for the realism. Im forgetting his name atm, but it was the same guy who was Golem in lord of the rings movies
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
o_sobe green

I seen it a few weeks ago (before everyone else ) and I was quite suprised by it too. T-Rex fight > All
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
o_balls

spoilers in topic title maybe?
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
o_skanky butterpuss

havent seen it, but it looks good. im wondering if peter jackson will ever write his own movies. he does well at conversions, but can he write an original script? (ok, maybe this isnt fair since 95% of the movies that come out arent original, but you get the point)
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #6
o_salty milkshake

Most directors don't write their own stories. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh (his Mrs) and Philippa Boyens write all the scripts for the films they do, which is more than most directors do.

This is the only film that's in any way a remake and it's hardly even that when compared to most remakes.

Great film I thought, a little long (3 hours in a cinema seat tests my backside..) being my main criticism.

Agree about the Trex fight, awesome stuff. The 2nd hour of the film is a brilliant rollercoaster ride.
o_salty milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
o_shootthechicken

I loved it. That's about it.
o_shootthechicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #8
o_yomamashouse

The part with the little kid on the island was creepy, all those people were nasty, especially the old woman with the beard.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Milkshake
Most directors don't write their own stories. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh (his Mrs) and Philippa Boyens write all the scripts for the films they do, which is more than most directors do.

This is the only film that's in any way a remake and it's hardly even that when compared to most remakes.

Great film I thought, a little long (3 hours in a cinema seat tests my backside..) being my main criticism.

Agree about the Trex fight, awesome stuff. The 2nd hour of the film is a brilliant rollercoaster ride.
That fight was wicked, everyone in the theater was laughing when he played with that dead t-rex's broken mouth.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
o_sobe green

You can't really spoil a movie as old as King Kong is. I mean you know he's captured in the wild and he eventually climbs the empire state building and swats at airplanes.

Oh yea and he is a gorilla.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #11
o_shootthechicken

Plus it's Peter jackson. Regardless of whether or not you like Lord of the Rings or King Kong, you have to accept that he really knows how to tell a story. Plus he's wanted to do this movie since he was a kid. It was bound to be great.

Anyhoo, I think it would have been a bit better without Jack Black. I love the guy and all, but I do'nt think he served much more purpose then comic relief, and therefore you couldn't really take his serious lines so seriously.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #12
o_yomamashouse

Ya i think he wasn't really necessary, comic relief is good sometimes but i didnt like him much. The good kind of funny was when KK was picking up blonde chicks and then just chucking em aside when they turned out not to be the right one.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #13
o_binarylife

Quote:
spoilers in topic title maybe?
Spoilers? There has to be a statute of limitations on this thing. The story is from the 1920's. If you haven't seen it by now then you lose out. The Ape dies in the end. Yes I "ruined" it for you. You may think I'm an ass, but seriously this is for the people who want to talk about it but can't because you never got off your but to see one of the more epic movies ever written.

There are a great number of movies, stories, cartoons, books, etc that have made several allusions to this film and if you haven't accidentally seen the ending by now, then I'm sorry.

My unjustified, obnoxious rant said and done with: PJ's version was a perfect tribute to the original movie. The only thing I didn't like was the useless subplot which really turned into nothing. There was really no point for those two characters to exist. They should have used that time for either pterdactle fights, or for the movie not being 3 hours long.

Other than that the actions sequences, the acting, the CG was all very well done. It's a big freaking movie, with a big freaking monkey.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #14
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
with a big freaking monkey.
Ape, Jeez get it right :P

Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #15
o_dr zauis

all i cared about was the xmen 3 trailer.....KK was a good movie, but it drug on for a bit to long, i mean wtf was the point of killing andy serkis's character, and the whole big deadly bug thing was really stupid, i understand dinos, and apes, and even big vampire bats, but huge bugs is just lame, maybe im mad because they killed off two of the cooler characters, but whatever.

I did like the facial stuff they did with kong, laughing apes make me laugh.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #16
o_vampiricus

im gonna have to agree about putting in the spoiler alert in the topic, there were some things added in the movie that were not part of the original. the plot itself is pretty much a given, i'll give you that. but I dont think the courtesy is such a bad thing.
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 AM   #17
o_shootthechicken

@Zauis: I loved the bugs. I absolutely loved 'em. They made me all squeamish

Plus, did anyone else think HL barnacles when those things started sucking on his head?

Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 AM   #18
o_yomamashouse

Wow it must have been really obvious because the guy next to me said the exact same thing. Those things looked exactly like barnacles minus the long tongues. They didnt really bite though they just kinda sucked on him.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:00 AM   #19
o_yomamashouse

Omg was it really necessary to put the spoiler thing? I love ruining things for people.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheChicken
Anyhoo, I think it would have been a bit better without Jack Black. I love the guy and all, but I do'nt think he served much more purpose then comic relief, and therefore you couldn't really take his serious lines so seriously.
Did we watch the same movie? Jack Black doesn't even add any comedy at all in the movie. He truely played his part as it was meant to be played. He is supposed to be a man so obsessed with making an insane movie and getting fame that he'll go to any length to gain it. He done just that in the movie. I was very happy with the part. Don't get me wrong I am a Jack Black fan but when I first learned his part in the movie I was very worried. The only true problem was Colin playing in the movie with him. You'll all notice him from Orange County a movie he and Jack Black played together in. That is usually a big movie "No No". Even it was fine just make sure you haven't seen Orange County in awhile before watching King Kong.