Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Old 06-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Bosley

Affiliations: EastCoastTF2.com
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
some clarification

This seemed like the best place for this after reading the sticky, if not lock/delete the thread as necessary.

First off, letting everyone know our RTV is finally working again. (Yay).

Second, there seems to be some confusion about some of our rules. So allow me to clarify.
  1. *Spawn camping does not mean you kill someone as you happen to be running by the respawn. Spawn camping means you are sitting (camping) outside of the respawn killing everyone who tries to leave and ignoring your objective. This obviously changes on maps like dustbowl where all we ask is that the attackers not go past the gates. I don't remember where the guns are at dustbowl specifically so I can't remember whether this is even possible or not, think of it as a rule of thumb for avd maps.

*No one has ever been banned from East Coast servers for simple profanity. However, racist language or abusiveness towards other players will earn you a vacation.

*As always, bans may only be appealed at our forums in the "I've been banned" section and only the admin who issued the ban may unban you.

Last edited by Bosley; 06-16-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Errr... What exactly are you talking about with "our" ? You are talking about "our forums", where might that be?

Perhaps you should clarify which community (if any) you are talking for and what servers there are...?

Also, might want to reformat the post. You can use [ list=1] followed by [ *] instead of the "-" and end it with [ /list]. This way the rules you are trying to show would be formatted a bit better and would certainly make it more readable..
Rawh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

You guys should post your ban review info similar to this thread and I'll move it up there.

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=19668

Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Bosley

So I guess I actually managed to make some stuff more ambiguous... Sorry about that. I edited the previous post using[list=1], is that what you meant Rawh?

I'm a FF/TF2 admin for the East Coast Gaming Community. We only have 1 FF server at 69.12.108.79:27015, our others are TF2 and CZ with the possibility of a few L4D in the future (we tried in the past but custom setups seem problematic with this game). Our website is at eastcoasttf2.com and the forums are at forums.eastcoasttf2.com.

(see below for ban review info, sorry for the double post but it seemed like it might be easier for 82694 if he didn't have to sort through this other stuff)

Last edited by Bosley; 06-16-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Bosley

Ban Review Info for East Coast Gaming ('East Coast FF'):
The 'Ban Review' process is fairly simple.
1. Go the the I've Been Banned section of the forums.
2. Plead your case.
3. Make sure the username you were using at the time and your steamid are included in the post.
4. Keep in mind that only the admin who banned you may unban you.

Last edited by Bosley; 06-16-2009 at 10:09 PM.