Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Fonzie

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_wunderbar (working title)

Oh Hai thar FF community. Most of you dont know me, likewise i return the favor by not knowing most of you. What i do know is that the second i played this game i loved it. Tbh when i picked up FF i was expecting a traditional "wtf lol at this" mod (of course with a little less wtf) and in turn got a "wtf lol at me" for having any doubts about this mod. Bottom line is i would pay money for this game, awesome job to all of you who worked on this game

Anyways, I am not gonna lie here... I have never mapped for source before...I dont really have that much experience mapping in general, but i do posess a very creative personality and i enjoy sitting and trying to make interesting, fun, good looking maps. I decided to work on one for FF, one that isnt a TFC port ( I've played tfc for a long time now and dont get me wrong i love the tfc maps, but i wanted to make something that would be unique to FF) At the time being i do not have THAT much to offer as far as SS's go however i will show you what i've got so you can get an idea for the direction of the map. I'll update ss's as i am working on this (i am being very diligent with this project just to make sure i stay consistant in my work on it) I know alot of the stuff you are about to see needs work (lighting, maybe texturing ect...) but of course a map isnt final untill its .... final : P so bear with me.

PS- I can see some of you worked very hard on creating these beatiful textures so before this map is final imma need some help knowing where to pay respects to where it is due with these sexy textures (crediting their sources >.>)
Anyways enough rambling for now : )

http://img40.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=zfonzwip0042.jpg

As i said these are more to just show that i am serious in my intentions on a new map, i know those ss's arent much but if they bring any input to the table then by all means speak up! <3 TheFonz
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Welcome, Fonzie. It looks like you're off to a really good start. If you need any advice or technical help, feel free to ask.

Don't worry about crediting the textures. They were provided by many people and I doubt we can remember who made each one.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Welcome, officially. And also, SICKKKKKKK!
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
Welcome, and nice work so far.

As you said you know stuff needs work..

For lighting tests and ensuring its bright enough. Go "sv_cheats 1" and "thirdperson" mode. Even if a map looks well lit in first person, players can still look like silouettes to one another - make sure this isn't the case and from the shots so far I think you'll do fine.

Good luck and enjoy your stay with the FF community
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Fonzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Welcome, and nice work so far.

As you said you know stuff needs work..

For lighting tests and ensuring its bright enough. Go "sv_cheats 1" and "thirdperson" mode. Even if a map looks well lit in first person, players can still look like silouettes to one another - make sure this isn't the case and from the shots so far I think you'll do fine.

Good luck and enjoy your stay with the FF community

Word ty elmo, i did not even consider testing in 3rd person, its a great idea. It really isnt easy perserving some neat lighting effects while making sure the area is lit well enough and looks like its being lit from a legit source. Im gonna try some trial and error blocklight brush work to see if i can get exactly what im looking for.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
it takes time, you'll get there... 3rd person is the easiest way without getting someone else in the game to run around with you The tips come free
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
No they don't. And quit messaging me at 2 am, it wakes me up/disturbs my vigorous masturbation.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #8
Fonzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
No they don't. And quit messaging me at 2 am, it wakes me up/disturbs my vigorous masturbation.
Wtf it was like 10:30!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #9
mentalERROR
[DGAF]

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Lookin good, heh wait I have seen those shots already Keep it up Fonzie and you should turn out a well built map.
mentalERROR is offline   Reply With Quote