Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-22-2007, 05:03 AM   #21
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Watch the video and decide for yourself.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #22
MyNameIsChuck

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
The media isn't hiding anything they're just trying to make money by boosting ratings.

You're statements can't be legitimately proven so while they are possible, they certainly aren't very probable.

The media isn't hiding anything? Guess again. The media has slowly been consolidated into the hands of a few mega corporations. It has not happened out of chance, and it hasn't happened to better serve the American people. Right now there are only 6 major media providers in the USA.(GE, DISNEY, CBS, VIACOM, News Corp.(who controls myspace, fox news), and lastly TimeWarner AKA Aol) For a more detailed list: http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart.php

There is a reason the media can get away with lies and deceit, and that reason is because the majority of the people fall for it hook, line and sinker. But then again, the majority of the people have average or below average intelligence. So it isn't a big surprise.
MyNameIsChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #23
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
And you're surprised by this? Do you also think that America is run by a secret organisation as described in Jame's Patterson's Black Friday? The truth is that the media only reports what will boost their ratings, not what won't. If you twist the logic around you can claim they're hiding information, but you're obviously into conspiracy theories.

I do agree that major media is a problem and that it's corrupted, and it has an agenda (but not a ZOMG SUPER SECRET WORLD DOMINATION one), but twisting info.. meh.

Really, the world isn't that exciting. My father did field and intelligence work for ASIO, and while he agrees that we don't know a single clue about what's going on inside our defense agencies, he hates conspiracy theorists with a passion, because of the idiocy most posess. But I won't get into that. The government is watching me through the open tube I have. I need to stuff it.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsChuck
There is a reason the media can get away with lies and deceit, and that reason is because the majority of the people fall for it hook, line and sinker. But then again, the majority of the people have average or below average intelligence. So it isn't a big surprise.
Uh, 50% of the people are below average, and 50% are above average intelligence. This is the meaning of average.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #25
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Uh, 50% of the people are below average, and 50% are above average intelligence. This is the meaning of average.
and that would be telling about him too then...

Old 09-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #26
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
The media isn't hiding anything? Guess again. The media has slowly been consolidated into the hands of a few mega corporations. It has not happened out of chance, and it hasn't happened to better serve the American people. Right now there are only 6 major media providers in the USA.(GE, DISNEY, CBS, VIACOM, News Corp.(who controls myspace, fox news), and lastly TimeWarner AKA Aol) For a more detailed list: http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart.php

I agree that's how many news companies there are now. But that's the only fact. You're typing things that are true and sneaking in subtle little thoughts that have nothing to do with any of it. As companies make money they merge and buy out other other companies. That's the natural state of being. It's nothing sinister unless you can throw some memos or documents that underline world domination or national control in them. Until you can throw some legitimate honest to god proof that this is what's being done, I'm not interested.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
MyNameIsChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR

You're wrong. Less than 50% are below average, and less than 50% are above average. A certain amount of the population has exactly average intelligence.

Greater than 50% of the people (the majority) have average OR below average intelligence. I hope you understand where you went wrong.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #28
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Possibly even trying.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #29
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
You're wrong. Less than 50% are below average, and less than 50% are above average. A certain amount of the population has exactly average intelligence.

Greater than 50% of the people (the majority) have average OR below average intelligence. I hope you understand where you went wrong.
Lies, there is no person in the entire world who is classified as exactly average, everybody is below or above!
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #30
MyNameIsChuck

Quote:
I agree that's how many news companies there are now. But that's the only fact. You're typing things that are true and sneaking in subtle little thoughts that have nothing to do with any of it. As companies make money they merge and buy out other other companies. That's the natural state of being. It's nothing sinister unless you can throw some memos or documents that underline world domination or national control in them. Until you can throw some legitimate honest to god proof that this is what's being done, I'm not interested.

The media always has an agenda. The only questions are, what is that agenda, and how much support is the agenda given.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #31
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

And that's when the human imagination kicks in and we get baseless conspiracy theories. Their agenda is to make money by delivering the right news to the right people, to get them to keep watching them. Why is Fox viewed mainly by republicans? Because they have a right wing bias. Why is CBS viewed mostly by democrats? Because they have a left wing bias.

THAT'S their SUPERSECRETCHAOSAGENDA.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #32
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
See how SIlver Fox sited facts. Like the viewer base and the ratings and such. Then, see how he connected those facts, with other facts, like the political views of the people running the stations.

That's what you should do when you're making a point. See, if I disagreed with Fox, I could go research what he said. I could log onto FOX's website and view the political views of the CO just liked I could find and review reports of the general ratings of the show and the basis of their politicle beliefs.

We can't do that with you becuase you don't present enough facts. You find one thing that's generaly agreed to be true, and then make up things based on it. Things which can't be reasarched, or found or checked or proven. Because they are conclusions to which you came in haste.

(For the record, I agree with SF)
(This message has been paid for by the administration of SF for Forum President)
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #33
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

And that was pulling generally accepted information out of my brain. If I wanted to, I could start citing sources and the accusations of bias for various news stations and such. But right now I have a room to clean.

And thank you Sir Binary. When our evil plan is complete, you shall be my Secretary of Defense. Dressed in Lolicon.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #34
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
And that was pulling generally accepted information out of my brain. If I wanted to, I could start citing sources and the accusations of bias for various news stations and such. But right now I have a room to clean.

And thank you Sir Binary. When our evil plan is complete, you shall be my Secretary of Defense. Dressed in Lolicon.
I love Silver Fox but I fear the rise of another Yellow Team Tyrant...

Old 09-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #35
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Well..................i dont see.................the need to use......................this many.......................periods..........

I"m actually a spy for the Purple team.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #36
MyNameIsChuck

Quote:
See how SIlver Fox sited facts. Like the viewer base and the ratings and such. Then, see how he connected those facts, with other facts, like the political views of the people running the stations.
Just because you list sources, and witnesses, and credible evidence, and bulletproof evidence, doesn't mean your shit is true. If you have any doubt of that, lookup the "bulletproof" evidence that lead us to a war in iraq.

Sometimes is extremely hard to find evidence to convict known gansters/criminals. The difficulty in finding concrete evidence against people increases the more power/more complex their criminal activities become. One highly known example of this is Al Capone, who everyone knew was a known criminal, yet he eventually had to be found guilty of tax evasion because of lack of "concrete" evidence.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #37
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Keep talking out of your ass man.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 03:19 AM   #38
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Quote:
Just because you list sources, and witnesses, and credible evidence, and bulletproof evidence, doesn't mean your shit is true. If you have any doubt of that, lookup the "bulletproof" evidence that lead us to a war in iraq.

Sometimes is extremely hard to find evidence to convict known gansters/criminals. The difficulty in finding concrete evidence against people increases the more power/more complex their criminal activities become. One highly known example of this is Al Capone, who everyone knew was a known criminal, yet he eventually had to be found guilty of tax evasion because of lack of "concrete" evidence.
... lawlz?

The intelligence we had was old, and that was obvious. It was ASSUMED that it was still valid. Unfortunately, you have a small understanding of the inner workings of the government, just like me. Neither of us have any idea what really goes on in there. But really the Majestic 12 are plotting to rule the world secretively, and are contracting a company to produce a "Grey Death" virus and vaccine known as Ambrosia, and have connections in the UN and FEMA.

Many people refused to speak out against Capone because he brought alchohol and had a good side to him. He once had the shit beat out of a man, and then paid the hospital bill the next morning. Very few people would be willing to testify against him. Shows a bit of a loophole in the justice system, which I do agree is flawed in some aspects.

Now back to your first claim. What I state is the obvious for those who do actual, unbiased research. Sources can mean shit or can mean a lot. I can list an evangelical Christian site as a source in a paper against evolution, or I can list a hardcore Atheist site as as one. Or I can list a peer reviewed science journal and results of other research. The validity of something depends heavily on the source.

Your only "research" or sources are extremely anti-media and anti-government biased websites. That's the equivalent of one of the extreme source examples I used above. You're making assumptions that fit your altered view of reality and go into the human nature of wanting things to be exciting, and full of conspiracies. That's why movies and games that feature conspiracies (Deus Ex, Red Faction, et cetera for the latter) are more catching than a straightforward game in terms of storyline, in general terms.

The same applies to the real world. It captures your interest and thought more when you believe that the world isn't as it seems, and you begin to become curious as to what it's like, and start to form your own subjective reality on things that make life more interesting. Let's face it, the idea of the government just being full of paperwork, politicians, and red tape isn't as exciting as the idea of a conspiracy to rule over the people of a nation. It's much more exciting to think that the government was behind 9/11, and various false evidence and such can be brought up about it (my favorite question to ask about those who claim that a cruise missile hit the Pentagon is why lightposts were knocked down at a distance that fit the wingspan of a Boeing. Feel free to answer).

Dr. Uuudge posted that there are those that make up their own truths, and those that seek the real truth. You're among the former. The real truth is boring, not exciting. You want something that makes life seemingly dangerous without putting you in serious way of harm. You believe what's more exciting to you. And THAT sir, is why I heavily dislike humanity.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #39
MyNameIsChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
... lawlz?

The intelligence we had was old, and that was obvious. It was ASSUMED that it was still valid. Unfortunately, you have a small understanding of the inner workings of the government, just like me. Neither of us have any idea what really goes on in there. But really the Majestic 12 are plotting to rule the world secretively, and are contracting a company to produce a "Grey Death" virus and vaccine known as Ambrosia, and have connections in the UN and FEMA.

Many people refused to speak out against Capone because he brought alchohol and had a good side to him. He once had the shit beat out of a man, and then paid the hospital bill the next morning. Very few people would be willing to testify against him. Shows a bit of a loophole in the justice system, which I do agree is flawed in some aspects.

Now back to your first claim. What I state is the obvious for those who do actual, unbiased research. Sources can mean shit or can mean a lot. I can list an evangelical Christian site as a source in a paper against evolution, or I can list a hardcore Atheist site as as one. Or I can list a peer reviewed science journal and results of other research. The validity of something depends heavily on the source.

Your only "research" or sources are extremely anti-media and anti-government biased websites. That's the equivalent of one of the extreme source examples I used above. You're making assumptions that fit your altered view of reality and go into the human nature of wanting things to be exciting, and full of conspiracies. That's why movies and games that feature conspiracies (Deus Ex, Red Faction, et cetera for the latter) are more catching than a straightforward game in terms of storyline, in general terms.

The same applies to the real world. It captures your interest and thought more when you believe that the world isn't as it seems, and you begin to become curious as to what it's like, and start to form your own subjective reality on things that make life more interesting. Let's face it, the idea of the government just being full of paperwork, politicians, and red tape isn't as exciting as the idea of a conspiracy to rule over the people of a nation. It's much more exciting to think that the government was behind 9/11, and various false evidence and such can be brought up about it (my favorite question to ask about those who claim that a cruise missile hit the Pentagon is why lightposts were knocked down at a distance that fit the wingspan of a Boeing. Feel free to answer).

Dr. Uuudge posted that there are those that make up their own truths, and those that seek the real truth. You're among the former. The real truth is boring, not exciting. You want something that makes life seemingly dangerous without putting you in serious way of harm. You believe what's more exciting to you. And THAT sir, is why I heavily dislike humanity.
To be honest, I was going to dispute you point by point, but that would probably help you anyway. No doubt you could pull tons of sources from the establishment to defend the establishment. I would probably be lucky to find one or two credible sources from free media networks. Unfortunately, foxnews would have probably disproved any free media sources I could find.

I know there will be many stupid people out there who actually believe the crap you just said, after all, fools are born every minute. I'm not being paid to spread the truth, theres no money in the truth after all. War, taxes, closed door government contracts, thats where the money is at. No doubt the government could spend a few million dollars to write pro-establishment posts on forums. After all, the government tried the same in Iraq, and by most accounts were successful. If the government can do it in Iraq, why can't they do it here?

If the people were smart enough to see through the bullshit that the media and the government spew right and left, then the united states wouldn't have half the problems it does now. The people are not smart enough to see through the crap, thats why the country is how it is today. I can only do my part to discover the truth, and try to share the truth as best I can. May God be with you, and may God help the truth to prevail.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:29 AM   #40
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
FF Forums, bastion of entertainment.
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote