Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #22
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPelargos View Post
Which is exactly why you should not be head admin, let alone voice.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Mohawkmoe was an obvious troll.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
-mooney-
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 34 Times
chef is right... so many stupid no reason bans because admins dont like some players. Alextric our headmin doesnt like me and ruins pickups because of it.

alextric pretending to be alextheman (or maybe is alextheman?) and ruin a pickup/piss of players during the pickup. Gets mad at me when i tell him not to do that shit i probably called him a fag or something but as a headmin he just shouldnt do that shit.

alextric being captain and actually ruins the teams because he doesnt want to play with me, making blue team stacked. So i wont even bother trying to play normal. And you wonder why i sometimes dont try...
not saying i dont troll or am a dick at times but stuff like i just said make me do that stuff.

like i just said im not saying i dont do it myself sometimes or any other admin / voice / player but this is our headmin.

and yes chef, bans/unbans because you are friends with an admin is what pissed me off too. Drakonal even quit FF for it, because HIS bans got removed only because the person banned is friends with the admin/headmin

as for restructuring the channel

remove some admins / change head / admins
voice shouldnt be starting pickups seeing the dont have any control over them.
make good rules and make them available for everyone to see.
and as admin actually stick to those rules

Last edited by -mooney-; 06-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Here's an example why rules don't work, bans don't work, being nice doesn't work, and being an admin is terrible: http://i.imgur.com/cC9tNMq.png

Old 06-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
-mooney-
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 34 Times
another ban without a good reason ty for showing that.

you banned me like 5 times total. maybe 1 of those was a fair ban? and you wonder why im not being nice to you.

rules work when people actually know them. You guys made new rules. where are they? All the links are dead.

bans work if they have an actual reason. admin isnt terrible as long as you follow the rules and dont go around banning everyone for no reason.

still:
remove some admins / change head / admins
voice shouldnt be starting pickups seeing the dont have any control over them.
make good rules and make them available for everyone to see.
and as admin actually stick to those rules

Last edited by -mooney-; 06-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #27
biohaZ

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I miss cake.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
mooney no offense but your biggest flaw is that you decide not to captain when you clearly know you should be captain in most pickups. Becuase you are a top tier player and most of the pickups lately have been consisting of me and you then 6 others that are a mix of decent and new. A few times lately you have manned up and captained, but your whole "I dont captain" routine gets old bro when clearly the point is just for even teams. at times you can be very difficult and make things hard for an admin.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #29
VinnytheBoss

chef: all you do is post part of a convo in your benefit. You fail to realize that leadmine had just ruined a pickup completely wasting 7 other players times. At that time he was playing like once a week so for him to come in once a week and ruin that one pickup he plays in warranted in a ban. I will fully agree that I take trolling way too far with leadmine but it is only for a good reason because it is LEADMINE, the kid just can't stop. Leadmine reminds me of someone, oh yea bro ...you

Chef the bottom line is that you honestly don't belong here. Go find a new game to play because small community based games like FF doesn't suit you that well Just move on bro because clearly you cannot just stop with the "insert troll/dick comment here following with a ROFLOZLORLFORLFOL BAN ME I DONT give a fuck."

Truly, no one wants to be around you.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
I think what makes the pickup community not work is "this." What's happening right now in this thread. Bottle it, put a label on it, call it "drama" or whatever. The presence of it is unappealing. It's the same feeling as being in a room of bratty little kids; you just wanna get out. And no it's not just chef. Make this not happen.

All of the following things prevent "this" from happening:

-the 70% of you that can't play with someone who's being ineffective either stop crying and help them or get good enough to carry

-learn to take criticism. Those of you who like to criticize learn to take criticism. Those of you who like to criticize also learn to take criticism of your criticism; this is where it goes from a dick wagging contest to an actual constructive debate.

-stop trolling

-stop getting trolled

-stop drawing out conflicts to ridiculous lengths/5 pages of IRC text/10 page threads

Everyone has to give a little. I've already ranted about competitive players and giving a little. All competitive gaming communities are toxic just like this one, many even more so. The only difference is you have multibillion dollar corporations and sponsors letting the marketing machine loose on their games. Remember when Vanilla Ice had the fastest selling #1 hiphop album of all time? That's the kind of power we're talking about here. This keeps the community alive to the point where the money outweighs the negative impact of the community, and competitive players can be used in a way that actually contributes something back, in the form of the pro scene. FF has nothing but the community. The only thing that can do anything (ie draw players) is the community; so the same people raging/crying/whatever are the same people expected to draw players to the community. We have no "FREE HAT WEEKENMD!1" as big popup whenever you log into steam or social networking proliferation or cutouts and Wal-mart and Best Buy or weird viral yet mildly entertaining polygon sketch comedy.

The root of the problem is this: A community project requires community sustainment, and competitive communities are inherently toxic. So you basically either need some way to nullify the toxicity (i.e. what we've been trying to do since 2007) or find something else that can sustain the game and bring in players that is powerful enough to negate the toxicity.

I'm honestly out of ideas. Anyone got a few million they can spare?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
That is why I rent a pub, because it presents new players with the ability to learn through chaos and just running around not doing the objective. If they start to learn the game and get better, they can easily move onto the pickup scene. It's a lot more fun to play in a pub because of the lack of toxicity for the most part. Granted there are a few people who still like to be dicks in pubs too, but I try to weed them out if I can. I want to create an environment where people can do whatever the hell they want without being ostracized or made fun of for it.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 06-03-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #32
VinnytheBoss

cake... "this" wouldn't even be an issue if "that person" would just stop coming around. we have great games back to back to back...you would know if you played the game.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #33
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
I played this game for 5 years. I was there the day the pickup channel started; it was just me squeek rookie and greenmushy in a private channel planning things out. I have a really hard time believing the community is different in the last 6 months from the last 5 years and chef is the only problem.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnytheBoss View Post
chef: all you do is post part of a convo in your benefit. You fail to realize that leadmine had just ruined a pickup completely wasting 7 other players times. At that time he was playing like once a week so for him to come in once a week and ruin that one pickup he plays in warranted in a ban. I will fully agree that I take trolling way too far with leadmine but it is only for a good reason because it is LEADMINE, the kid just can't stop. Leadmine reminds me of someone, oh yea bro ...you

Chef the bottom line is that you honestly don't belong here. Go find a new game to play because small community based games like FF doesn't suit you that well Just move on bro because clearly you cannot just stop with the "insert troll/dick comment here following with a ROFLOZLORLFORLFOL BAN ME I DONT give a fuck."

Truly, no one wants to be around you.
Vinny, I put enough in each conversation that if I missed something important, all you'd have to do is open up the log and search. I'm curious what I missed that's so important for everyone to see. The fact is, the only reason you stick around is because you have no fear of being banned for using cheats. I guarantee if they remove your admin, you will quit playing.

[02:02] <vinnytheboss> lmao
[02:02] <vinnytheboss> thats a gay cheat
[02:02] <vinnytheboss> i had a trigger bot
[02:03] <vinnytheboss> among other shit
[02:03] <vinnytheboss> it was a premium hack tho
[02:03] <vinnytheboss> enhancedaim.com
[02:03] <vinnytheboss> rofl
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> u called me a cheater
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> lol!
[03:14] <hef> u are
[03:14] <hef> maybe not in ff
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> ur so dumb
[03:14] <hef> but u r
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> i cheat in cs go
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> rofl
[03:14] <VinnytheBoss> who cares

CS:GO was released on August 21, 2012/ That means at the age of 28 Vinny downloaded cheats for a first person shooter. We really want someone like this running our competitive community?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
VinnytheBoss

27*

and who cares about what I do in a public server of CS go

its cs GO and i dont even play CS any more

and I have lost my admins numerous times in the past, and I still played.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #36
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
i think this would fix alot of the issues. have the job of admin broken up into 2 or 3 parts.

Admins: who moderate and stuff there your level headed guys, who are unbiased and keep FF pickup clean. and a respectful yet competitive environment. (they can also start games)

moderators: they just moderate the irc and servers nothing else. (this spot mgiht not work/be practical but it goes along with the idea.)

Gamestarters: they are not moderators they are responsible for starting games solely for that.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 06-03-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #37
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Ok, well this post is going down the drain as I thought.

Admins please read my first post and get a refresh on what an ideal admin should be and keep note of all the problem issues I am seeing.

The solution I found which was the same solution that alex touched on was ignoring people, I think this is the strongest solution.

At this point I have basically just ignored all the people I don't enjoy in the pickup channel . While maybe it's not the best or most mature solution, It's old always arguing and clashing with the same people and issues without positive progress or productivity. Through this I feel I am doing everyone a favor.

I also would like to have the mute button save the players you mute in game as well, but it's not a big deal just muting them every pickup.

The distasteful humor, immaturity, elitism, cliques, and bad attitudes might cease more if you ignore and don't play into it. I recommend anyone who has a problem do the same. Save the public and community from your petty arguments and disputes. If you have people who you just don't get along with on a daily basis without change, don't make it everyone else's problem, ignore. Maybe the people who are the issues will get put on enough ignore lists to get the point.

This post's main objective was to bring to light all the BS i am seeing in our pickup channel. Through awareness of all the badminning and player bs I brought to attention, hopefully people will call those admins and players out and they will start to lose respect in the community (if they haven't already) and Largos Neon 2013 will take care of rest.

LARGOS + NEON 2013

Thank you

PS. Chef and Vinny put each other on ignore and do the community a favor.

Last edited by truplaya; 06-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #39
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Without having a mute-save feature that you've suggested(and I've suggested in the past) ignoring people in IRC only gets you past that... Once you're in game, all silence is broken unless you manually mute the people you think are the ones you had muted, but because everyone likes to alias - doing that is a little hard.

Im done posting about this shit, I've made my point and until something changes, I wont be adding to any pickups.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #40
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
I will pray for you all.

Closed Thread