Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #81
o_hardcastle

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Well Returner, you got some points. But maybe FF will bring back some tf players of the older generation who can teach some newcomers and show them how tf mods are meant to be played.

/me waves to Gunslinger, been quite some time
o_hardcastle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #82
o_voipme

Judging by the amount of old school people on here, it looks like it might be overwhelming older people playing. That would be scary. No more high pitched voices to make fun of.
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #83
o_silver

lol but gameplay will b nice
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #84
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcastle
Well Returner, you got some points. But maybe FF will bring back some tf players of the older generation who can teach some newcomers and show them how tf mods are meant to be played.

/me waves to Gunslinger, been quite some time
Alot of the people who are the problem don't listen anyway. Punks who know it all.

/me shrugs and grabs his walker
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #85
o_silver

damn younge wippersnappers

Old 02-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #86
o_kev

FF will probably win loads of new players due to the quality of the mod
o_kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #87
o_mikequist

people with hl2 are yearning for a real mod to play, and not something silly. This will be popular once it builds a base. It already has relatively good connections with halflife2.net and many other sites. And when i see a half life 2 site that dosnt have it, ill send an email notifying them of it and ive gotten a response on a few saying thank you and they added a link.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #88
o_humantycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returner
They also chased me for no reason. I went to another server. More chasing.
What do you mean by chasing and why is it such a bad tactic?

If they removed medics from team fortress that would suck. Ive had lots of fun conc jumping from the water and onto the other teams battlements infecting there snipers ahhh memories...
o_humantycoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 11:55 AM   #89
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by humantycoon
What do you mean by chasing and why is it such a bad tactic?
Chasing means a few things.

1) You (blue) are leaving the base to attack the enemy (red). A red player is doing the same thing, and you meet in front of your base. Instead of taking a shot at you and moving on, the red player starts to chase you, and you end up deathmatching in the middle of the map. Or maybe you just run to the red base, and the red attacker follows you there.
2) You're defending the base. A red attacker comes in, and you kill him. Repeatedly. It's very likely that he'll snap and start attacking you exclusively. He'll make it his mission to kill you. If you flee, he'll run after you (even if it means getting shredded to pieces by sentryguns - he doesn't care). If he has the flag, there's still a good chance that he'll stay to deathmatch you. BEWARE: if you're a sniper, he'll be tormenting you for the rest of the game. At worst, he'll become a sniper himself so he can have a pissing contest.

1 or 2: the enemy chases you all the way to your respawn, even though he isn't supposed to do that and he'll be killed by the turrets. Medics do this all the time. Medics are probably the worst chasers.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #90
o_groovyf

In fairness, most public servers are full of new players, or players who just want fun, away from the stricter clan games.

Myself, I stick to Wireplay servers, the Well server can be great fun and sometimes get a semi-organised offy or def which helps lots.
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 PM   #91
o_qui

Sunday to thursday almost every day i am playing every day for my clan.

We are division 5, although we just won that so i guess were div 4 now :P So its hardly the peak of competition, but the reality was it was very competitive in div 5, and we had to work very hard for one of our victories and we always practiced hard for our games.

What i am trying to say is if its pretty damn competitive at the bottom of the barrel, it cant be that dead, can it?
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #92
o_gunslinger

Hi hardcastle, erm, I'm not the NA gs who used to do that shoutcast thingy, I've just been reading the stephen king books lately and fancied usign the name ;p

Hi anyway
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #93
o_shaolin

I thought you were that guy as well - change your name, there's only one Gun :P
o_shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #94
o_sigm@

TFC isn`t dead!
f.e. here you can get a list of active european clans:

http://www.xenomorphs.de/index.php?s...nks&cat=active

o_sigm@ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #95
o_digital_ghost

Quote:
It's very likely that he'll snap and start attacking you exclusively. He'll make it his mission to kill you. If you flee, he'll run after you (even if it means getting shredded to pieces by sentryguns - he doesn't care). If he has the flag, there's still a good chance that he'll stay to deathmatch you. BEWARE: if you're a sniper, he'll be tormenting you for the rest of the game. At worst, he'll become a sniper himself so he can have a pissing contest.
I've been playing this game for about 5 years now. and thats the part i find to be just half the fun,lol. Gets dull when caping the flag is to easy, so i usually pick out someone randomly on the other team and hunt them relentlessly
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #96
o_lithium

The european servers tend to suck ass. Not Skill wise... ping wise.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #97
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
I've been playing this game for about 5 years now. and thats the part i find to be just half the fun,lol. Gets dull when caping the flag is to easy, so i usually pick out someone randomly on the other team and hunt them relentlessly
Well, that's because you're an asshat who shouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near the Internet. At the very least, you shouldn't be allowed near multiplayer games.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #98
o_silver

u could just get better at the game so u can pwn then relentlessly when they come after u

Old 02-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #99
o_blackseer

It will not die.. it still beating

And to be honest, few new games are really that good that you want to keep playing them after sometime
o_blackseer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #100
o_gritty

I have to admit when i used to play i was one of those people who always went after snipers once they had hacked me off slightly. It was the 2, 3 or often more people on each team who would insist on having a sniper war rather than going after the flag/defending properly. Soon as they started putting a few into me on a flag run id often make a point of
a: going demo and mirving the whole sniper deck to death
b: going spy, disguise sniper, not killing them straight away but standing there for a bit near them before stabbing them

b had the added bonus of creating paranoia about their own 'sniper war' buddies and was immensely satisfying.

To returner, ive both been in your situation where someone trys to victimise me, or been the 'bully' myself. As long as you take it with a bit of humour and obviously arent getting your (_*_) handed to you on a plate all the time you can make good m8s this way. I remember that used to happen a lot from having a good scrap with someone.

Maybe attitudes have changed somewhat though.
o_gritty is offline   Reply With Quote